Brexit brinkmanship: Johnson says prepare for no-deal, cancels trade talks

25 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

I would love to know how. Would you mind to elaborate, especially the “legally” part of it by providing reference to the relevant laws? 

The only relevant law is Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty. In March 2017 A50 was triggered. In March 2019 the nominal 2 year nominal time limit for exit 'arrangements' to be made was up and the EU was free to say "on yer bike". But they didn't, did they? 

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There will be no downside to Brexit, only considerable upside. David Davis   The day after we vote to leave we hold all the cards and can choose the path we want. Michael Gove

Why should the EU negotiate with an ex-member, that voted to leave ? They should let Britain stand outside in the cold for twenty or twenty-five years. Then maybe let them back in, if they ask nicely.

Hilarious so if  those 27  countries  all had an 3  trillion economy it should   be  81   trillion instead of the paltry 18.4  trillion

Posted Images

1 hour ago, transam said:

You really should have taken more time with your answer....

Joe promised YOU, remainers,  NO BREXIT, so why didn't you remain lot secure NO BREXIT and then move on.

WHY.....?

Because most of the time a vote for the Lib dems is a wasted vote.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

Because most of the time a vote for the Lib dems is a wasted vote.

Yes but they would have cancelled Brexit, just what you guys wanted, guess you didn't want it as much as the remainers claimed. And of course nothing to do with Labour who voted againgst anything the Tories voted for.

Whoops forgot, I've been ostrasized.😂

• Haha 2

Posts containing childish baiting and flaming have been removed.

And further and their authors may find themselves removed as well. 

9 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Not the point - again - my post was was to demonstrate that the EU could have finished with us 18 months ago if they had wanted to.

So did the UK, of course. And, unlike the EU, they could have done and still could do so at every point in the process I believe. 

• Like 1