Brexit brinkmanship: Johnson says prepare for no-deal, cancels trade talks

rooster59

1 hour ago, Surelynot said:

Serious concerns now being expressed, in government circles, that supply of the covid vaccine will be disrupted by Brexit chaos at the ferry terminals.

The gift that just keeps giving.

From the spinner that keeps on spinning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, luckyluke said:

Many will find you are right, as many will find it is the other way around.

Every party is convinced they are right, and the others wrong.

Every party will claim that the others don't want to see the reality.

The EU have agreed to ring-fence police and judicial cooperation from potential sanctions in the event of any future trade disputes with the UK.

What red lines have the UK moved on?

20 hours ago, 7by7 said:

I see that, as with every other Brexiteer who has been asked, you are unable to say what the EU has done to "punish the UK" and "render the WA null and void."

They have colluded with remainer elements in the UK to drag the process out over the last, almost 5 years, costing UK billions in additional contributions.

They have made totally unrealistic demands to maintain control of our laws, governance and access to our territorial waters, contrary to the terms of the WA in their refusal to acknowledge UK's sovereignty.

They have threatened numerous punishments throughout the negotiations, including a blockade of UK's trade with NI, removal of air traffic access to EU, huge trading tariffs on UK exports, blockading ports, etc, etc.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, 7by7 said:

I ask again: what is it you don't like about the conduct of the EU? What has the EU done to punish the UK?

As I've said; plenty of Brexiteers have made such allegations; yet none have been able to answer those questions. Will you now do so?

I agree, the UK will make some sort of success of Brexit; ultimately. But when; and will we ever be economically back to where we were before Brexit?

I think you have a mental block on reality....

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, 7by7 said:

The voters didn't exactly rush to the Tories; they only increased their share of the vote by 1.4%; the LibDems increased theirs by 4.2%.

Swinson was not trounced; she lost by just 149 votes; to the EUphile SNP! 

Not spinning any numbers; they are real and there for all to see and check. Parties supporting at least a second referendum on any WA received over 50% of the popular vote.

You can go on deluding yourself for ever, and probably will, but those are the facts for all to see.

You can manipulate statistics until the cows come home, but the fact remains that Boris won with a resounding 80 odd seat majority, hence the reason the job is now getting done.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, 7by7 said:

In the 20 years that I have taken an interest in UK immigration, there have been many changes to the Immigration Rules; none of which required any input and certainly no permission from the EU!

Like all EU/EEA members we always had complete control over our borders as far as non EU/EEA nationals are concerned and the FoM allows control over some aspects of immigration by EU/EEA nationals as well.

You've just contradicted yourself, considering the topic is the EU....

20 hours ago, david555 said:

" Mirror mirror on that wall who fits that image most of all..." ????. i would reply ....

a leaver standing /hesitating /hoping / 4 years+ to get those same privilages as a paying member before ...????????????????

It's called a trade deal not privileges! You know those arrangements you have with other independent nations, that the UE are refusing to accede to with the UK. What did I call it before, oh yes, - punishment!

You love to spin it your way don't you.

I'll turn your tactics back on you in this case, list the "special privileges" UK are requesting?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tofer said:

It's called a trade deal not privileges! You know those arrangements you have with other independent nations, that the UE are refusing to accede to with the UK. What did I call it before, oh yes, - punishment!

You love to spin it your way don't you.

I'll turn your tactics back on you in this case, list the "special privileges" UK are requesting?

Just keeping all the same as a before member ...while becoming a third  country ...????

Keep dreaming and hoping ....but the  endgame is very close now ..????

• Like 1

Just now, david555 said:

Just keeping all the same as a before member ...while becoming a third  country ...????

Keep dreaming and hoping ....but the  endgame is very close now ..????

BTW  if you feel it as punishment ...then it is a" self inflicted one "....

4 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

So Johnson is losing his tail!  You know, the one that has been wagging him for so long.  Cummings is finally being outed as MPs put more and more pressure on Boris to sort out the chaotic mess that is destroying this government.

Do you have any knowledge to prove this "outing"?

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

Do you have any knowledge to prove this "outing"?

It seems to be doing the rounds, but until it's actually confirmed via the correct channels i'll put it in the same file as the one marked 'President elect????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

It seems to be doing the rounds, but until it's actually confirmed via the correct channels i'll put it in the same file as the one marked 'President elect????

See my post above. Cummings is trying to put a brave face on it; but he is going, and going soon. Just like Trump is.

But Trump and his absurd, unsubstantiated by any evidence claims are not a matter for this topic.

Edited by 7by7
Addendum
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, dunroaming said:

Just listen to the relevant news reports and work it out for yourself.  The pressure from MPs and cabinet members has been building for weeks.  It's not hard, even for Boris's fan club, to see what is happening.  

So a no then. Thanks.