Brexit brinkmanship: Johnson says prepare for no-deal, cancels trade talks

rooster59

2 hours ago, 7by7 said:

See my post above. Cummings is trying to put a brave face on it; but he is going, and going soon. Just like Trump is.

But Trump and his absurd, unsubstantiated by any evidence claims are not a matter for this topic.

I nonetheless prefer official channels rather than relying upon leaks appearing via the (trust-them-at-your-peril) MSM

Edited by evadgib

2 hours ago, david555 said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/11/12/beginning-end-number-10-dominic-cummings/

Dominic Cummings 'to be gone by Christmas' after losing No 10 power struggle 

Boris Johnson's supporters urge him to 'take back control' after Downing Street battle

By Gordon Rayner, Political Editor and Christopher Hope, Chief Political Correspondent 13 November 2020 • 8:28am

Dominic Cummings is at "the beginning of the end" of his time in Downing Street after he and a close ally lost a bitter power struggle within No 10, sources said on Thursday night....

Reuters JANUARY 3, 20204:54 AMUPDATED 10 MONTHS AGO

"We want to improve performance and make me much less important — and within a year largely redundant," Dominic Cummings said in a post on his blog bit.ly/2rQjaAv on Thursday.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-politics-idUSKBN1Z11IC

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, evadgib said:

I nonetheless prefer official channels rather than relying upon leaks appearing via the (trust-them-at-your-peril) MSM

We all know the channels you prefer!

Meanwhile; more from the real world:- 

Dominic Cummings 'will be missed' when he leaves Downing Street - minister

Dominic Cummings is to leave his role as the prime minister's chief adviser by the end of the year.

A Downing Street source said on Thursday night the controversial aide will exit Number 10, having been one of Boris Johnson's first appointments when he became PM last July.

Transport Secretary Grant Shapps confirmed the news the next morning, saying the move will coincide with the post-Brexit transition period ending on 31 December 2020.

Dominic Cummings to leave Downing Street role by Christmas

Adviser repeats that he wants to be ‘largely redundant’ by end of 2020, after departure of Lee Cain

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

We all know the channels you prefer!

Meanwhile; more from the real world:- 

Dominic Cummings 'will be missed' when he leaves Downing Street - minister

Dominic Cummings to leave Downing Street role by Christmas

Its not really new news as Dom said he would be leaving 11 months ago

"We want to improve performance and make me much less important — and within a year largely redundant," Dominic Cummings said in a post on his blog bit.ly/2rQjaAv on Thursday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, vinny41 said:

Its not really new news as Dom said he would be leaving 11 months ago

...largely redundant? ...he has achieved.....let me think,,,,,absolutely nothing.....a complete and utter waste of space.

• Like 2

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2020/nov/13/dominic-cummings-boris-johnson-coronavirus-covid-19-latest-updates-live?page=with:block-5faec26b8f08ad0357f7553a#block-5faec26b8f08ad0357f7553a

1h ago17:30

Dominic Cummings 'leaves Downing Street role'

Dominic Cummings has left Downing Street this evening for good, a government source told Sky News.

The government adviser was seen carrying boxes away from Downing Street as the BBC reported he had left his role with immediate effect.

Conservative MP Tobias Ellwood said: “Let’s move a little bit away from EastEnders and more to the West Wing.”

It follows reports that Cummings was expected to leave his position by the end of the year.

He had insisted “rumours of me threatening to resign are invented”, adding his “position hasn’t changed since my January blog” when he said that he wanted to make himself “largely redundant” by the end of 2020.

His friday the 13 ....????

I love those comments from the brexiteers camp on The telegraph .

Concerning  Cummings.... pure desperation and disbelieve....????????????????

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/11/13/boris-johnson-dominic-cummings-carrie-symonds-brexit-latest/#comments

Edited by david555
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

Well, he didn't make it until the weekend, let alone Christmas.

Dominic Cummings to leave Downing St with immediate effect

Dominic Cummings

Now expecting his revanche on Boris ...... from this Machiavelli minded man ..... leaving by the main  entrance indicate this already ..... no sneaky backdoor leaving ....

to be continued ....????... ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Mr. Cummings leaving, yes, but not before Christmas, apparently. 

Suppose he will move out bit by bit,  picture seems to show. 

Missed this line in former topic ?....I think you start pity the brexiteers bunch ...????

????...understandable ...4 years of hope and then getting brexit done ...but by "opening the package" the countenance is not the promised ordered one ....????????????

Dominic Cummings has left Downing Street this evenin g for good, a government source told Sky News.

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

On 11/13/2020 at 2:42 PM, Rookiescot said:

Who is going to pick all that fruit and veg in the UK?

You?

You can, to subsidise your income when you have all those extra taxes and services to pay for with your upcoming independence.

I see your prospects are getting a boost with the conniving EU's Merkel colluding with the SNP's traitorous Blackford behind the UK's back. Typical of the dirty tricks brigade, their customary dishonesty and back door tactics.

• Like 2

On 11/13/2020 at 2:51 PM, luckyluke said:

You tell me, please.

None!

Now you have a go, as per my original question, which you, not so deftly, sidestepped.

If the EU are so confident of their position, why then are they resorting to all the blackmail and threats, e.g. an energy embargo, and Merkels back door manipulation via the SNP.

Edited by Tofer

On 11/13/2020 at 3:50 PM, david555 said:

Just keeping all the same as a before member ...while becoming a third  country ...????

Keep dreaming and hoping ....but the  endgame is very close now ..????

Same old, same old - no substance or substantiation in your reply, as expected.

On 11/13/2020 at 7:04 PM, david555 said:

Well than you must be deaf and blind as it is on many news sites ....i guess you 52% ones are becoming in denial .....broken dreams maybe the reason ?...

All is normal ....just another U turn from Boris ... but this one a Big one ! ????

How on Earth is Cummings resigning a Boris U-turn - please explain?

Edited by Tofer

On 11/13/2020 at 11:00 PM, Surelynot said:

...largely redundant? ...he has achieved.....let me think,,,,,absolutely nothing.....a complete and utter waste of space.

More hot air and unsubstantiated claims. He did, after all, orchestrate Brexit...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tofer said:

None!

Now you have a go, as per my original question, which you, not so deftly, sidestepped.

So The EU have agreed to ring-fence police and judicial cooperation from potential sanctions in the event of any future trade disputes with the UK. 

And the U.K. don't.

Thanks

A go for what ?

And " sidestepped" ?

You asked me a question, which I didn't know the answer,

I do know now.

It seems that you already knew the answer, why did you asked the question than?

Or  some kind of English humor ?

Sorry if I don't get it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Sorry if I don't get it.

That's obvious!

So, I take it from that, you accept my original assertions that the UK have not capitulated or given up any red lines, but you couldn't answer the question in a straight forward manner. Does it hurt to accept the truth?

Edited by Tofer

2 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Of course Farage, conniving with other right wing extremists in Europe is a patriot and stand up guy?

Farage is not the government.

2 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

We will probably have less taxes when we no longer have to subsidize little england.

Off you go then, let's see how you fare, without all the extra cash you get from England.

• Thanks 1