Brexit brinkmanship: Johnson says prepare for no-deal, cancels trade talks

rooster59

Just now, 473geo said:

Always looking to improve, UK will not snub the EU to prove a point better we work together to promote each others interests, if possible, and enhance the future for both. EU might need a little of that down the road ????

O.K. good to know the U.K. red lines go fading ...., keep up the improving further  ????

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Surelynot said:

Comments on blogs appear to support the notion Cummings and Cain have jumped because Boris is about to cave in to the EU....and they want out.

To leave Johnson twisting in the wind as the bold Brexiteers go into meltdown ????

I genuinely wish I could feel sorry for them but.........meh.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

What happened to they need us more than we need them?

Or we will hold all the cards?

Suddenly the bold Brexiteers are full of appeasement. 

In your mind, the failing of tarring everybody with the same brush ???? 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

OK so Cummings and King are still there then are they?

No probably about it.

Its all going so wrong isnt it Trans. Once you Brexiteers had the world at your feet. Playing Big Ben on cassette recorders and celebrating your wonderful Brexit victory. 

Now look at it.

Begging for a deal from the EU. Selling out the fishermen. Bending over to the vile EU ????

Yep, isn't it great, not long to go to the complete exit, and I think you have got the "bending over" the wrong way round, the remaining EU countries can do exactly that in their future U.S. of G......:clap2:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Yep, isn't it great, not long to go to the complete exit, and I think you have got the "bending over" the wrong way round, the remaining EU countries can do exactly that in their future U.S. of G......:clap2:

I imagine the band on the Titanic had the same idea ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-trade-deal-eu-ireland-internal-market-bill-b1723174.html

Ireland says it will block Brexit trade deal unless Boris Johnson backs down on Internal Market Bill
There is ‘no way’ EU member states will ratify agreement while UK is breaking another one, foreign minister sa
ys

Jon Stone Policy Correspondent
@joncstone 1 hour ago

EU member states will block the signing of a Brexit trade agreement if Boris Johnson pushes ahead with his plan to break international law, the Irish government has said.

Speaking on Sunday foreign minister Simon Coveney warned that there was "no way" the bloc would ratify a free trade agreement while the UK was breaking a previous deal signed less than a year ago.

The UK government is currently facing  legal action from the European Commission over the prime minister's Internal Market Bill, which seeks to use domestic law to overwrite the Brexit withdrawal agreement.

more...

(Same story topic on Sky News...)

https://news.sky.com/story/brexit-no-trade-deal-if-boris-johnson-breaks-international-law-ireland-warns-12133008

Edited by david555
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, david555 said:

I am very curious why... if U.K. can prosper out of E.U.  ( could be.... i agree ! ...) then why  oh why you still keep sitting on that negotiation table ????as prosperity is winking outside to you ..... that is for me a mystery....( if that prosperity expectation  is true of course )

Something is not logic in your claim  ????

It's called a trade deal negotiation, in our mind. Unlike the EU, who think it's an opportunity to brow beat, manipulate, threaten and blackmail the UK into agreeing to stay shackled to the EU.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tofer said:

It's called a trade deal negotiation, in our mind. Unlike the EU, who think it's an opportunity to brow beat, manipulate, threaten and blackmail the UK into agreeing to stay shackled to the EU.

"Out means Out..." dixit T.May .... so many times repeated out of HOC in E.U. direction ....

True.... Out is Out ???? 

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, luckyluke said:

But you are right, I was wrong, i am sorry, it seems to occur more frequently now that i am 72+.

I applaud you for your honesty, no problem we all make mistakes. 

4 hours ago, luckyluke said:

However in my opinion, you could have less rude by pointing that I made a mistake.

It was not my intention to give offence, merely trying to inject some humour, regrettably at your expense, to lighten the mood of, what is becoming, a dreary and monotonous exchange of views.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, david555 said:

The UK government is currently facing  legal action from the European Commission over the prime minister's Internal Market Bill, which seeks to use domestic law to overwrite the Brexit withdrawal agreement.

I think you'll find that legal action will be rejected by the EUCJ as it was launched against a breach that has not, even yet, been invoked.

9 minutes ago, Tofer said:

I applaud you for your honesty, no problem we all make mistakes. 

It was not my intention to give offence, merely trying to inject some humour, regrettably at your expense, to lighten the mood of, what is becoming, a dreary and monotonous exchange of views.

We all get a bit overheated sometimes.

I should take my own advice and step back occasionally. 

Odd thing is away from Brexit we would probably agree on 90% of other matters.

22 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

So walk away.....doh!

That's exactly what we're trying to do, but the EU keeps coming back and begging for continued talks, with false promises to respect the UK's sovereignty.

Obviously it's in every ones interest to reach a deal if possible, so it makes sense to listen to what the EU are prepared to capitulate on.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

We all get a bit overheated sometimes.

I should take my own advice and step back occasionally. 

Odd thing is away from Brexit we would probably agree on 90% of other matters.

I hope our batting opponents understand, there's no animosity on my part, and I'm sure the same goes for others, simply a frustration that people will not gracefully accept the democratic decision of the nation and pull together to get the best for all concerned.

And, of course, quit with the negative vibes, and have some faith.... ????

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Tofer said:

I think you'll find that legal action will be rejected by the EUCJ as it was launched against a breach that has not, even yet, been invoked.

But it can make the E.U. decide not to sign a new one , who could go same way after again to be broken , anyway legally they shows already  serious intentions to break it , as they voted it in H.O.C. already , and it is only because your lordships  rejected it , that it is now in the " twilight zone " ....

BTW    No ECJ rejection needed  to refuse  to vote any deal ....????  only 1 veto is enough , and more are prepared be assured, as thing's stand now .

Edited by david555
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, david555 said:

But it can make the E.U. decide not tosign a new one , who could go same way after again to be broken , anyway legally they shows already  serious intentions to break i t as they voted it in H.O.C. already , and it is only because your lordships  rejected it , that it is now in the " twilight zone " ....

BTW    No ECJ rejection needed  to refuse  to vote any deal ....

The EU can do exactly as they wish, so why don't they.... Why are they still around the negotiating table? After all, it's hardly a new issue that popped up overnight, and BJ has made it abundantly clear the bill won't be dropped.

• Like 1