Brexit brinkmanship: Johnson says prepare for no-deal, cancels trade talks

rooster59

17 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Hence they will sell less. 

Ergo they will manufacture less.

Surely you can work that out? 

Yes they might sell less. They might sell the same amount because people who want a BMW or a Merc might be prepared to pay a premium for it.

We will find out next year. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Hence they will sell less. 

Ergo they will manufacture less.

Surely you can work that out? 

Typical brexiteer logic, any shortfall in sales to the UK cannot possibly be recovered from other parts of the EU, or elsewhere.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

How would Barnier be a master in negotiations if we end up with No Deal? Serious question. He could have sat on the beach for  a year and got that result.

Maybe they told him better no deal than a bad deal.

Once all that over, we may spot Mr. Barnier and Lord Frost, somewhere in an exotic beach paradise, congratulating each other for a job well done. 

The base of both being happy, as convinced they are the winners, the other part being the losers.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Didn't Barnier negotiate the WA, Bojo claimed that was a great deal then backtracked.

Even the best negotiator in the world would find it difficult to deal with a non negotiators following their own agenda.

Tax rises and inflation, the brexit legacy.

Yes he negotiated it with Theresa May, the Remainer quisling who colluded with the EU to attempt BRINO and hence was unceremoniously dumped out of office. 

When you have the other side colluding with you against their own people, it's a bit easier. Since May was thrown out, he got nothing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Maybe they told him better no deal than a bad deal.

Once all that over, we may spot Mr. Barnier and Lord Frost, somewhere in an exotic beach paradise, congratulating each other for a job well done. 

The base of both being happy, as convinced they are the winners, the other part being the losers.

You might be right. Maybe they close the doors for negotiations and play Connect 4 ????.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, 7by7 said:

You can ask that same question of the UK government. As I am not privy to what goes on around the negotiating table, I can't answer.

With all your knowledge, you mean to tell me you aren't aware that the EU are demanding the UK remain under the control of EU laws and regulations after the transition period, the so called "level playing field". Well I'm shocked, something you don't know, that is staring everybody in the face on a daily basis.

15 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Don't say you've already given examples; because so far you have only given unsubstantiated and easily disproven rumours.

The disproven rumours that come straight from the horses mouth - Michel Barnier, in frequent news reports, DEMANDING a "LEVEL PLAYING FIELD", got it now, or do you still wish to pull the wool over your eyes, because it won't wash with anyone else.

I'm sorry if I'm not as techy clever as you, and am not familiar with the process of attaching news reports, but there it is. The facts are not hidden, but clear for everyone to see, without the need for substantiating quotes - oh sorry you don't have any, you just keep trying to turn it back on me.

15 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Whereas the evidence of Johnson reneging on the WA is contained within the his Internal Market Bill.

The bill that was made necessary by the EU's nasty devious and vindictive tactics to intervene in the UK's trade between UK & NI, and still are, by the news I've seen only 2 days ago they were again threatening a blockade of UK products to NI.

NI is a part of the UK, not the EU.

15 hours ago, 7by7 said:

The EU; never denied that. But the UK will continue with quotas; see Flagship Fisheries Bill becomes law.

Did you fail to read the date on that new law ""2020"", and the statement that the UK take back control after 40 years. Come on, get real.... Did you think I cannot or will not read the link, hoping I will just cave under your spurious facts...

15 hours ago, 7by7 said:

When you crowed over the EU losing out to Iceland, Norway, Greenland and the Faroe Islands.

15 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Wasn't me who said it; it was you; here

15 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Hence my oft repeated question which you have dodged again.

Again, I did not say we had """SOLD OUT""". please, by all means highlight that statement again, if you wish to prove your point, but this time be a bit less disingenuous and show exactly where I used those words.

Oh, sorry you can't..... ????

At the end of the day, if you're so enamoured with the EU - you know what to do..... 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

I did not call you stupid.

Read the post again.

The implication that I am an optimist was quite clear in your statement, and hence by association am stupid. Stop digging, that hole is getting bigger.....

However, I would much rather be a cheerful optimist than a dreary pessimist.

17 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Nice that you completely ignored my reply and just posted the headline of the FT.

You posted 2 links with the same text from different rightwing neoliberal sources as evidence for what? The things the BoE got wrong? They didnt. It just took longer to happen because you Brexiteers couldnt decide what Brexit ACTUALLY means.

And that was in response to a post I made asking for links to what you Brexiteers have actually got right ????.

Is all this crowing ever going to change the FACT, we've left - get used to it, get on board, or move to your beloved EU.

12 hours ago, david555 said:

The EU’s chief negotiator, Michel Barnier, has warned David Frost that without a major negotiating shift by Downing Street within the next 48 hours he will pull out of the Brexit negotiations in London this weekend, pushing the talks into a fresh crisis.

looks like Barnier has been taking lessons from Boris, since the begging hasn't worked.....

9 minutes ago, Tofer said:

Is all this crowing ever going to change the FACT, we've left - get used to it, get on board, or move to your beloved EU.

I chose the last option ????...., U.K. option looks not to good as i read & hear Sumak  announcement ..waw ! record spending in peace time in 300 years.... i think there is now a Blond guy with serious headache ..... but .... he made his dream .... became PM.????

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Tofer said:

looks like Barnier has been taking lessons from Boris, since the begging hasn't worked.....

Maybe the lesson is ,...Showing how really keep word..., and how real walking away is done ????  (i hope ...)

Edited by david555

2 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Most if not all the deals the UK has managed to get are copies of the deals we already had while part of the EU.

So what. We were part of the EU when they were established, so they are just as much ours.

• Sad 1