Brexit brinkmanship: Johnson says prepare for no-deal, cancels trade talks

rooster59

19 minutes ago, david555 said:

I chose the last option ????...., U.K. option looks not to good as i read & hear Sumak  announcement ..waw ! record spending in peace time in 300 years.... i think there is now a Blond guy with serious headache ..... but .... he made his dream .... became PM.????

What, there wasn't any covid in the EU. How much was it they are borrowing to fund the consequences of covid?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, david555 said:

yes it was such a bad 45 years isn't in the E.U. club ????

Bl..dy awful!

I'll never forget the number of prosecutions in UK courts that were overturned by the EUCJ, releasing criminals back onto our streets.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tofer said:

What, there wasn't any covid in the EU. How much was it they are borrowing to fund the consequences of covid?

if   my auntie was a man i would call her Uncle .....! ????

Even brexit "eventuallity" not IN calculated  .... said by Ski reporter ....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Tofer said:

Bl..dy awful!

I'll never forget the number of prosecutions in UK courts that were overturned by the EUCJ, releasing criminals back onto our streets.

And that is still going on, on your own now ...., that's the lawyers doing.... earning a good money you know  ????

Now , no more stabbings or shootings anymore in  U.K. eager London area ...? 

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Only 750 Billion Euros. But don't worry, it's not a bailout, it's a "cash injection" ????.

Let's see if the EU is stupid enough to keep pressing it's unrealistic demands or just comes back to reality and signs a mutually beneficial FTA with their "friends and partners" in the UK. Now is really not the time for them to try to punish the UK for leaving their protectionist bloc.

This looks almost as pleading for E.U. mercy ....? ????

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Allow me to explain. His choice was sign it or extend again since the Remainer Parliament had made it illegal to leave without it. Geoffrey Cox was right, that Parliament WAS a disgrace undermining the UK at every turn, weakening the hand of it's own country. No doubt you loved it. The Remainer defence at the time was "But Parliament is sovereign" as if that legitimized them screwing over their own electorate.

If he was totally honest he'd have said "This May deal is still terrible, but it's the only way we can get out so let's suck it up and just get out". However, May is still a Tory and Johnson is still a politician so he tried to dress it up. We all knew it was a terrible deal for the UK. Let's hope we don't make the same mistake in the next month and get out with No Deal at the end of December.

But as you like to remind everyone Johnson has an 80 seat majority and could have changed whatever he wanted.

He proclaimed it as his deal. A fantastic deal to get Brexit done. His deal. You trying to blame May for Johnsons actions is just laughable. May didnt make him sign it and May didnt make him break it.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Makes you wonder what we were paying all those Billions of pounds for every year, doesn't it.

The contribution to the EU from income tax was less than one eighth of what was being paid towards the interest on the national debt.

The interest on the national debt will be greater as a result of brexit by more than EU contributions, the government are very reluctant to say what brexit has already cost the nation.

The truth will get buried under covid.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Tofer, as you are merely repeating your assumptions and false accusations without actually providing any evidence at all to back them up, I see no reason for me to take up even more bandwidth and further bore everyone else by yet again providing  the evidence which proves you wrong and asking you the same questions you have again refused to answer.

No doubt in your mind you will see that as some form of false victory.

There are none so blind as those that will not see......

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Name one.

You can't; because the ECJ has no jurisdiction over a member state's criminal law and courts.

"The Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU) interprets EU law to make sure it is applied in the same way in all EU countries, and settles legal disputes between national governments and EU institutions.

It can also, in certain circumstances, be used by individuals, companies or organisations to take action against an EU institution, if they feel it has somehow infringed their rights." (Source)

BS - the EUC of human rights overturned many a UK court decision - do you really know nothing?

Stop asking for proof, I'm not your nanny, look it up yourself if you dispute my statements, because I'm certainly not going to just to satisfy your intransigence, and refusal to accept the truth.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

The interest on the national debt will be greater as a result of brexit by more than EU contributions, the government are very reluctant to say what brexit has already cost the nation.

Do you have any source for this? Or is it just a guess?

Because as far as I know, there are no figures available on the financial cost or financial gains of Brexit, since we haven't even left the withdrawal period yet. How can anyone know the cost of something that hasn't happened yet (yes I know we have officially left but the process of leaving, changing processes, signing all of the new trade deals etc. is not yet complete). A true assessment of the costs or gains could be made in around 10 years from now. Right now we are investing in ourselves, and the benefits will be seen later down the line.

It's like setting up a shop, spending all that money on stock, training, decorating, licencing etc. and then at the end of the first day's trading you declare the project a failure because you have spent a million Baht and only sold 50,000 Baht worth of goods. Patience Dragonfly, the benefits won't all be seen on January 1st 2021.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, 7by7 said:

yet again providing  the evidence which proves you wrong and asking you the same questions you have again refused to answer.

Go on - be a sport. I'm waiting with baited breath to see what evidence you have to disprove my statements.

Oh, of course, there isn't any......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

OK then why did he sign it and indeed tout it as being HIS oven ready deal?

So predictable. ????

I know this post has gone on a long time, but have you forgotten I told you before, to get the process off the starting block, and get the UK out of the EU clutches which I think you must admit, he has done.

Edited by Tofer
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, 7by7 said:

How can anyone trust a government which signs an international treaty and then a few months later declares that it's going to ignore it?

Lots of countries out there signing trade deals and fisheries agreements that dispels your opinion. ????

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Tofer said:

So predictable. ????

I know this post has gone on a long time, but have you forgotten I told you before, to get the process off the starting block, and get the UK out of the EU clutches which I think you must admit, he has done.

You Brexiteers love to brag that he has an 80 majority. He could have changed whatever he wanted. 

He only realised later that he couldnt put a border down the Irish sea.

Do you know why he cant put a border down the Irish sea?

• Like 1