Australia Channel 9 Blocking VPN + Rant

carlyai

Just when the NRL finals start I can't watch them. ????

Anyone using a VPN to watch channel 9 with success?

Ranting Now.

The crazy thing is I can go on their site and watch videos of the NFL highlights and all news and show highlights, without adds, but not live TV.

Years ago I could watch the NFL on satellite from New Guinea. Then the crazy person from The Department of Certain Things decided to shift the broadcast to a different satellite where this part of Asia doesn't have a footprint.

They can spend 30 million dollars on purchasing land that was worth 3 million dollars, no problem, but look after self-funded people traveling overseas .... who???? didn't know they exist. (Buk lie). 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, dimitriv said:

You can try another VPN. They do the blocking based on IP's. It is possible that another provider with other IP's does work.

Yes it is thanks, but I tried 3 different servers with different IPs. (I'll check again).

23 hours ago, 1948wjm said:

All NRL finals games are also being shown on "Sky Sports Arena" and also "Fox Sports USA" either 1 or 2 channels. Oz Channel 9 is still available on "Live Net Tv" & "Media Lounge" without any VPN and also on Kodi add-on AU/NZ "SlyGuy" repository.

I watch the footy yesterday on the Net like, bit off buffering but OK.

That's one thing I don't understand: what technologies do Live Net TV or Media Lounge use to get around blocking. Anyone any idea?

15 minutes ago, ezzra said:

No much free stuff around anymore buddy, and if there is, the quality is <deleted>, you want something good and reliable you have to pay for it, i''m very happy with https://www.expressvpn.com/?oid=homepage ...

I'll try this one .... https://10play.com.au/live/bold     

not sure but we'll see ...  lol

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

Is it this one?

https://www.9now.com.au/live/channel-9?welcome

Or can someone provide a link.

Used NordVPN and see some live transmission of "Netball"(?).

Whatever that is :biggrin:

Good quality, no buffering.

9com.jpg

okay I'm In OZ, and tried your above programme...  My usual VPN is Hola.

so for purpose of the exercise:

- as soon as I clicked On the Hola, the stream cuts out, and no matter whatever country you indicate the Hola to... 

p.s. Netball is a girlie version of baaaskitbull - differing significance is there is no goal backboard

- apparently girls don't need the backboard to shoot straight...  

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, steven100 said:

hmm ....  yeah I'm not sure why, I just can't get it to work for me even though i am set to melbourne server.  

Does ExpressVPN have multiple locations in Australia to choose from?

Is there an option to get a "dedicated"/"static" IP adress?

Just now, KhunBENQ said:

Does ExpressVPN have multiple locations in Australia to choose from?

Is there an option to get a "dedicated"/"static" IP adress?

I use ibVPN .... yes, you can select any server anywhere in the world.

But I still can't get the Rugby .....   lol 

not sure why or what's wrong,  it may be because it still see's my location as Thailand ??

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Of course. Something wrong.

Use this to check your location with the browser:

https://www.iplocation.net/

Your IP must be assigned to Australia.

location.jpg

The problem is that 10bold recognize the IP as belonging to a VPN service, and with Nord probably not.

Not all VPN's are equal, remember that many services who have a BBC Iplayer server, in the past month had issues? Most of them are sorted since, but some better than others

• Like 2

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

I use ibVPN .... yes, you can select any server anywhere in the world.

But I still can't get the Rugby .....   lol 

not sure why or what's wrong,  it may be because it still see's my location as Thailand ??

maybe the email address you register with, still gives them a clue of where you are? - or that if one uses a i.e gmail type address they simply assume you are from somewhere else than you indiocate?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tifino said:

maybe the email address you register with, still gives them a clue of where you are? - or that if one uses a i.e gmail type address they simply assume you are from somewhere else than you indiocate?

yes ... you may be correct, I gave up in the end.  It may be that it see's i'm using a VPN and as I didn't confirm my location as Melbourne because i chose not to select then it seen me as Thailand. I should have verified my location Melbourne at first because I cannot go back after, and I even tried another email address and everything new but it still goes to cannot verify location.  stupid website anyway ..lol

3 hours ago, Susco said:

You are talking about foreigners in Thailand right, who can buy overpriced land in Isaan, but can't afford the AFL or NRL Now package that are available in Thailand and work without VPN

NRL or AFL aren't free to air in Australia either, aren't they?

I but the AFL package for about $180.

It's well worth it as I don't want to be messing around with pirate sites etc.

Not sure about the NRL but the AFL has a lot of free to air including all of the finals

On 10/17/2020 at 9:32 AM, 1948wjm said:

All NRL finals games are also being shown on "Sky Sports Arena" and also "Fox Sports USA" either 1 or 2 channels. Oz Channel 9 is still available on "Live Net Tv" & "Media Lounge" without any VPN and also on Kodi add-on AU/NZ "SlyGuy" repository.

Are there any very recent updates to the Slyguy repository? Seems to have a problem.

3 hours ago, Susco said:

You are talking about foreigners in Thailand right, who can buy overpriced land in Isaan, but can't afford the AFL or NRL Now package that are available in Thailand and work without VPN

NRL or AFL aren't free to air in Australia either, aren't they?

I was raving or ranting and the land purchase refers to Australia. The government bought land for an airport and reportedly paid A $ 30000000 when the valuation was reported as 3000000. 

Channel 9 in Australia is one of the free-to-air channels and they broadcast most NRL games free-to-air. Same as ch7 and ch10 are free.