HBO on 3bb

robblok

Your TV must either be "smart", have built in Chromecast or be able to accept a separate Chromecast unit ( HDMI & USB sockets, HDMI essential ).

You then download the 3BB Member app. to your smartphone. Select English and proceed to create your account on the app

At this point it is wise to set up the Chromecast if not done before, including the Google Home app for your phone. Once done you then install the HBO app. (select HBO from the within the 3BB app, it gives you correct instructions on the very quick set up). After that yoi simply cast your HBO content from your smart phone to your TV. There are two more channels, MonoMax which is similar to HBO but has Thai subtitles on everything and sets up the same way. Then there's Eko which is a fully Thai streamer.

For 39THB a month it's a no brainer if you don't already have TV streamer.

There is higher package that gives a full "on demand" facility.

Edited by pookett
  • Like 1

It also is available as a native app on Apple TV, same procedure (more or less) as for Chromecast. You need to login to your 3BB account after getting the app from the app store. There is also an app for iPhone/iPad, which allows casting it to Android TV or Apple TV. Since it is mobile focused (it is called HBO Go afterall) it is HD at best, sometimes less depending on your connection.  

I have it, just for a try...not worth it, even at a very low price...the offer of movies is too miserable.

As for watching, it is not practical at all since there is no direct connection to HBO on smart TVs, like there are for Amazon, Netflix, Youtube and others.

So I use screen mirroring from my mobile phone, which is not good because the picture size is reduced, I can't figure out why.

I got a nvidia shield tv android box so I am sure it can handle it like @pookett said.

I would have liked it more as it would work with an app like netflix and not the extra hassle (not that i cant work with it) Was just wondering about the app

my tv is 70 inches i think.. huge. 

I got netflix and my own private plex.tv server with 20+gb of movies and tv shows. Just wanted to add this. Too bad they did not make it more useable. But at 39 bt its nothing.

HBO Go is available to anyone for 149 baht/month.

3BB offers it at a lower price. +39 baht/month on some/all packages.

You can download the HBO Go app for a Samsung TV.  But not in all locations I guess. I can't find it in my Samsung "store". Or maybe my TV cannot support it?

Most new TV's allow native streaming, so one can run HBO Go on a phone and cast it to your TV (or Chromecast). This is how I view most things (Netflix, Youtube, etc.)

You could load the HBO Go Android app onto the newest Chromecast with Google TV (just released).

Edited by mtls2005

I have had 3BB newly installed but when I tried to log into my 3BB account it will not accept my 'log in' details and it just comes back with 'log in details not recognised' or words of that description. Has anyone else had such problems trying to set up an account?

18 minutes ago, vogie said:

I have had 3BB newly installed but when I tried to log into my 3BB account it will not accept my 'log in' details and it just comes back with 'log in details not recognised' or words of that description. Has anyone else had such problems trying to set up an account?

Login is the same as your 3BB account.

If you changed any email/password for 3BB try the old one as well as the new one.

If you don't know your 3BB account email/password, drop into one of their shops or phone them.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Nope, my Samsung TV sees no such app.

Yes, you are correct.

https://help.hbogola.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025924492-In-which-Samsung-TV-models-is-the-HBO-GO-app-available-on-

https://help.hbogola.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020168392-How-do-I-get-HBO-GO-on-Samsung-TV-

Not sure why though? Seems to have geograhic limitations.

IME, casting from a phone to my Chromecast is much simpler. And my Samsung TV does support native casting, so could cast from the mobile to the TV.

Plan to add HBO Go to an existing 3BB account ASAP.

Edited by mtls2005

FWIW, for Android, you need a GMail account created in Thailand to DL and install the HBO Go app. I keep such an account for this sort of thing, easy to toggle accounts from within the Play Store app.

Obviously couldn't find it using my U.S. based GMail account.

Tried an APK, but those which are available are for other countries.