Motorbike Covers in Chiang Mai

Stubby

Hi, Folks.

I can’t seem to find a decent motorcycle cover. The bike repair shop I used before no longer stocks them and doesn't now where I buy a new one. Big C used to have them, but the only options they have now are massive covers for cars, or smaller ones for scooters. But the small ones are too small and leave half the wheels exposed with a Honda Wave. They also tear like paper. Tesco Lotas say they don't stock them.

I’ve seen a few bikes protected by larger black covers, but haven’t found them any in the shops.

Any advice on where to find these is much appreciated.

Stubby

cover.png

Edited by Stubby

I ordered mine through Shopee, Paid about 400 Baht for it and had it in 3 days.  Decent enough cover. Top half silver, bottom half black. Just found my receipt, It was for my XMax-300 and ran me 380 Baht, on sale from 485 Baht.  

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2

if you live in the city (CM)  this dealer has a good parts dept,  seperate building.

you might try asking       click on website     แสงชัยมอเตอร์เซลส์ (กาดสามแยกสันทราย) มอเตอร์ไซค์ ยามาฮ่า ฮอนด้า เชียงใหม่ yamaha honda chiang mai     Sangchai motors     near Mc cormick hospital

oops..  the one i mean is this one  

Address: 100/4 ถ.แก้วนวรัฐ ต.วัดเกต อ.เมือง Chiang Mai 50000

(between Mc cormick hosp and the Ping River   )

Hours: 
Open ⋅ Closes 5PM

Edited by rumak
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I ordered mine through Shopee, Paid about 400 Baht for it and had it in 3 days.  Decent enough cover. Top half silver, bottom half black. Just found my receipt, It was for my XMax-300 and ran me 380 Baht, on sale from 485 Baht.  

Thank you, Ryan ????

12 minutes ago, rumak said:

if you live in the city (CM)  this dealer has a good parts dept,  seperate building.

you might try asking       click on website     แสงชัยมอเตอร์เซลส์ (กาดสามแยกสันทราย) มอเตอร์ไซค์ ยามาฮ่า ฮอนด้า เชียงใหม่ yamaha honda chiang mai     Sangchai motors     near Mc cormick hospital

oops..  the one i mean is this one  

Address: 100/4 ถ.แก้วนวรัฐ ต.วัดเกต อ.เมือง Chiang Mai 50000

(between Mc cormick hosp and the Ping River   )

Hours: 
Open ⋅ Closes 5PM

Thanks, Rumak. How dumb am I? I've been looking for meat at a vegan market! The places I never thought to look are the places I should have been looking. I will stop at the next motorcycle dealer I pass and see if they stock covers. Failing that I'll head over to to the McCormick area next week.

Stubby

1 hour ago, Stubby said:

Thanks, Rumak. How dumb am I? I've been looking for meat at a vegan market! The places I never thought to look are the places I should have been looking. I will stop at the next motorcycle dealer I pass and see if they stock covers. Failing that I'll head over to to the McCormick area next week.

Stubby

the place i suggested has a seperate building just for parts and stuff.  IMO the place to go for honda

parts or accessories.    i saw someone with a cool ramp for getting a cycle up into a pick up,  asked him where he got it and he said  Sangchai Motors.     take a look there for future reference    Kaeownarawat Road , west of Buds Ice cream  (going towards the river)

Edited by rumak
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, rumak said:

the place i suggested has a seperate building just for parts and stuff.  IMO the place to go for honda

parts or accessories.    i saw someone with a cool ramp for getting a cycle up into a pick up,  asked him where he got it and he said  Sangchai Motors.     take a look there for future reference    Kaeownarawat Road , west of Buds Ice cream  (going towards the river)

Thank you, Rumak ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

He is talking about this place: https://goo.gl/maps/pXnBHXoLLBAuVKXH7

The info that he posted above is the Honda Dealer (i think same company) which is 30 meters down the road.

Thank you, Jack ???? They have a lot of stuff in there looking at the photos, so I'm sure they'll have a selection of covers.

Edited by Stubby

I bought 3 motorbike covers during the last 6 months. 2 got destroyed by my cats, the last one is sturdy enough. Cats sleep, play and fight on and around the bike but it still is intact.

It fits well over my bike even with the transport box mounted.

Ordered on Lazada, would recommend it:

฿205.00 -51% | ผ้าคลุมรถมอเตอร์ไซค์ ผ้าคลุมบิ๊กไบค์ ผ้าคลุมจักรยานยนต์ ผ้าคลุมรถ ป้องกันแสง UV ป้องกันน้ำ ป้องกันฝุ่น Motorcycle Covers Waterproof Motorbike Cover XL,XXL,3XL | https://s.lazada.co.th/s.X2n9b

Edited by Schnitzelfritz
grammar mistake

28 minutes ago, Schnitzelfritz said:

I bought 3 motorbike covers during the last 6 months. 2 got destroyed by my cats, the last one is sturdy enough. Cats sleep, play and fight on and around the bike but it still is intact.

It fits well over my bike even with the transport box mounted.

Ordered on Lazada, would recommend it:

฿205.00 -51% | ผ้าคลุมรถมอเตอร์ไซค์ ผ้าคลุมบิ๊กไบค์ ผ้าคลุมจักรยานยนต์ ผ้าคลุมรถ ป้องกันแสง UV ป้องกันน้ำ ป้องกันฝุ่น Motorcycle Covers Waterproof Motorbike Cover XL,XXL,3XL | https://s.lazada.co.th/s.X2n9b

Good find, Schnitzelfritz, and as cheap as chips too ????

When I put my cover over the bike I secure the bottom eyes by using bungy chords so that it stays taught and the cats in my Condo garage can not climb up it and try and sleep on the bike like they were doing on my seat.

28 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

When I put my cover over the bike I secure the bottom eyes by using bungy chords so that it stays taught and the cats in my Condo garage can not climb up it and try and sleep on the bike like they were doing on my seat.

My cats just jump up, I have 6 ????

3 minutes ago, Schnitzelfritz said:

My cats just jump up, I have 6 ????

I Run a bungy chord from my front windscreen support to my rear seat backrest in order to create a V shape for the cover in the Middle of the bike.  So far the garage cats are not climbing under the cover or getting on top of it.  The two bikes parked to either side of mine always have paw marks on the seats and tanks from dirty feet waling on the bike as well as hair on the seat from where they lay.

15 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I Run a bungy chord from my front windscreen support to my rear seat backrest in order to create a V shape for the cover in the Middle of the bike.  So far the garage cats are not climbing under the cover or getting on top of it.  The two bikes parked to either side of mine always have paw marks on the seats and tanks from dirty feet waling on the bike as well as hair on the seat from where they lay.

There are three large and noisy dogs that roam around my area, so cats are nowhere to be seen ????

On 10/17/2020 at 4:16 PM, jackdd said:

He is talking about this place: https://goo.gl/maps/pXnBHXoLLBAuVKXH7

The info that he posted above is the Honda Dealer (i think same company) which is 30 meters down the road.

Got the cover today from the place above. In the shop area, the large silver cover was around 170B (almost half what I paid at Big C 18 months ago). I asked if they had anything stronger, so the lady disappeared for a few minutes and came back with a Honda cover. She promised me it was much stronger. We'll see. It was 460B, so I hope so.

Thanks everyone who posted here ????

Stubby

This is too late to help the OP, but it will be instructive for others in the same situation. 

The most protective motorcycle covers I have come across are branded Sabai, and sold on Lazada. They may have other outlets  - I don't know. 

These are made from a really heavy material and come in different sizes.  I would recommend buying a  size that is larger than recommended,  no harm if it's a bit large.

They cost 435 b., delivered in a couple of days. 

Be aware that they make a lighter cover for travel purposes.  I have no experience of those.  

14 minutes ago, Wandr said:

This is too late to help the OP, but it will be instructive for others in the same situation. 

The most protective motorcycle covers I have come across are branded Sabai, and sold on Lazada. They may have other outlets  - I don't know. 

These are made from a really heavy material and come in different sizes.  I would recommend buying a  size that is larger than recommended,  no harm if it's a bit large.

They cost 435 b., delivered in a couple of days. 

Be aware that they make a lighter cover for travel purposes.  I have no experience of those.  

Thanks, Wandr. I'll keep the brand in mind if my Honda cover falls to pieces ????