Open up Pattaya to foreign tourists NOW! Russians/Europeans are willing to quarantine, say tourism leaders

rooster59

11 hours ago, phetchy said:

Spot on.  The choices for the Pattaya powers that be are diametrically opposed.  It's either open up everything with no restrictions in a last attempt to keep Pattaya alive, or keep the people safe.  There is no other option.

They're doing quite well in this. 

I've been in Pattaya Beach recently, there were Russians in the restaurant, and it looked like life is coming back again. 

On 10/17/2020 at 2:54 PM, madmen said:

The elephant in the room is thai people themselves with the overwhelming majority wanting to keep borders closed 

To bad for tourism based busssines. Prayuth is no dummy he is fully aware of the political implications of a failed re opening 

So in the meantime we go round and round in circles albeit very entertaining ones ????

The polls taken are dubious at best.  The sampling size and demographics as well as the types of questions asked in the poll all can create inaccurate views.  Push polling is commonly used to force a person to often vote one opinion out of two without any additional clarifications.  Is a load of BS to believe in the polls taken.  

• Like 1

On 10/16/2020 at 11:52 PM, Chivas said:

These people are absolute roasters....nobody is going to do 2 weeks quarantine bar extreme cases. Get that through your thick heads

And they should add a criminal background check and psych evaluation to the long list of docs required of tourists that are willing to quarantine for 2 weeks 

On 10/18/2020 at 2:15 PM, micmichd said:

They do. 

Here in the Dark Side of Pattaya aka Chonburi aka Eastern Economic Corridor they do. Are you aware how many jobs for people from Issan were established in Chonburi in the last years? With Pattaya Beach as the hub of entertainment, arts, and music? 

And Hua Hin, and Patong, and now the Southern Economic Corridor? 

And Chiang Mai? 

Everything in Thailand is improving for Thais. Of course there are backslashes, but Thais are optimistic. 

what??????????????????  "Everything in Thailand is improving for Thais. Of course there are backslashes, but Thais are optimistic. "

what are you on? Thais are depressed, protesting, losing jobs, sick, no work and are OPTIMISTIC?  *******!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

what??????????????????  "Everything in Thailand is improving for Thais. Of course there are backslashes, but Thais are optimistic. "

what are you on? Thais are depressed, protesting, losing jobs, sick, no work and are OPTIMISTIC?  *******!

Yes, still optimistic. 

At least here in the Eastern Economic Corridor they are. And Thais are very good in improvisation which makes life easier to them. 

BTW. Thais are by far not as sick as Westerners with all their "civilization diseases" And no new CoviD-19 cases for almost half a year now. 

Edited by micmichd
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

On 10/19/2020 at 10:57 AM, micmichd said:

They're doing quite well in this. 

I've been in Pattaya Beach recently, there were Russians in the restaurant, and it looked like life is coming back again. 

Why don't you visit Jomtien they really need some Russians for you to "see"

IMG_20201020_114637.jpg

IMG_20201020_113430.jpg

IMG_20201020_111446.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, morrobay said:

Why don't you visit Jomtien they really need some Russians for you to "see"

IMG_20201020_114637.jpg

IMG_20201020_113430.jpg

IMG_20201020_111446.jpg

What do I care? 

I don't need to by a condo, I can rent an apartment. The cheaper the rents the better for me. 

I don't need one of your restaurants, my Thai lady has one. 

And I don't need ski jets, I can swim in the sea. 

I don't even need Russians, and they don't need me. 

I'm old and retired and absolutely healthy, so I've got time. 

And I have a valid O visa multiple entry with the appropriate extension of stay. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, micmichd said:

What do I care? 

I don't need to by a condo, I can rent an apartment. The cheaper the rents the better for me. 

I don't need one of your restaurants, my Thai lady has one. 

And I don't need ski jets, I can swim in the sea. 

I don't even need Russians, and they don't need me. 

I'm old and retired and absolutely healthy, so I've got time. 

And I have a valid O visa multiple entry with the appropriate extension of stay. 

Judging by your post, all you have is a visa and a wife that cooks, which might be sufficient for some, but not exactly my idea of "fun in Thailand".

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

He did not say wife!

Yes, right. It's still up to me what I do. And I guess my lady who worked in Europe such a long time now isn't hassling me for marriage. She's in fact a very modern and successful globalist even by European standards. 

On 10/20/2020 at 10:00 AM, micmichd said:

BTW. Thais are by far not as sick as Westerners with all their "civilization diseases" And no new CoviD-19 cases for almost half a year now. 

There have been domestic cases within the last 6 months. Twice I believe, one recent. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-thailand-idUSKBN25U1OG

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2020/09/14/officials-cant-confirm-origins-of-2nd-domestic-virus-case/

20 hours ago, lkv said:

Judging by your post, all you have is a visa and a wife that cooks, which might be sufficient for some, but not exactly my idea of "fun in Thailand".

She owns a restaurant where all the neighbours go, and of course she cooks there sometimes. She worked in a restaurant in Europe, and she liked her job. 

Here in Thailand she also has a car, a house, land, and a student daughter. And she's an employee to now 10 workers from Issan and Laos. She's in fact a manager. She even manages to drive me around in Pattaya Beach with her car (where hardly any Farangs go by now)

Guess she's exactly what Yingluck Sinawatra once called a "smart woman" 

Edited by micmichd

On 10/21/2020 at 12:49 PM, micmichd said:

She owns a restaurant where all the neighbours go, and of course she cooks there sometimes. She worked in a restaurant in Europe, and she liked her job. 

Here in Thailand she also has a car, a house, land, and a student daughter. And she's an employee to now 10 workers from Issan and Laos. She's in fact a manager. She even manages to drive me around in Pattaya Beach with her car (where hardly any Farangs go by now)

Guess she's exactly what Yingluck Sinawatra once called a "smart woman" 

"where hardly any Farangs go by now"  right you contradict yourself... next!

On 10/20/2020 at 1:50 PM, micmichd said:

What do I care? 

It's a stable tourism industry here that supplies western expat retirees with choice and variety.  

Without western tourism here, we would be eating rice 7 days a week.  Fine for some, but not for me.  

15 hours ago, Leaver said:

It's a stable tourism industry here that supplies western expat retirees with choice and variety.  

Without western tourism here, we would be eating rice 7 days a week.  Fine for some, but not for me.  

The Prayut administration are not westernized or well educated. Somkid left for that reason. Banging his head on brick wall. They are against western tourism. SOMKID knows it's a must 

3 hours ago, tomauasia said:

The Prayut administration are not westernized or well educated. Somkid left for that reason. Banging his head on brick wall. They are against western tourism. SOMKID knows it's a must 

Difficult for Thailand to promote itself as a retirement destination for westerners when it's not promoting itself as a tourist destination for westerners.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tomauasia said:

Most of them look like octogenarians..... that is true. 

7 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Difficult for Thailand to promote itself as a retirement destination for westerners when it's not promoting itself as a tourist destination for westerners.  

Thais want him gone and they want whites back. Thaksin already open 

On 10/25/2020 at 11:31 PM, tomauasia said:

No need to explain to you. It's in black and white and l don't think you understand.

I know what you are getting at, but Thai's only see the colour of money when it comes to tourism.  They don't care the colour of the tourist's skin who spends it.    

• Like 1