Jump to content

Open up Pattaya to foreign tourists NOW! Russians/Europeans are willing to quarantine, say tourism leaders


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, TERMINATOR3AB said:

Water   now  ...then  rubber  bullets  .... then .............

Ill take that offer to escape the States....tear gas..rubber bullets, armed militias, killer cops and Covid virus

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I seriously doubt legit tourists would be prepared to do quarantine. Expats living/working here ...... maybe. People with properties/families ........ maybe. Criminals/illegal workers .

Very few tourists will be willing to jump over the onerous hoops this stunningly uncreative administration is putting forth. Perhaps a few thousand per year. Expats, yes. Tourists, no. Dumb and dumber

With the baht getting stronger every day why would anybody want to come here as a tourist and lose money and quarantine for fourteen days at their expense .

Posted Images

18 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

 Very few tourists will be willing to jump over the onerous hoops this stunningly uncreative administration is putting forth. Perhaps a few thousand per year. Expats, yes. Tourists, no. Dumb and dumber. 

 

Any effective solution to the devastation of the tourism industry here, has to include a plan without the requirements of quarantine.

 

A simple plan. Require tourists to get a laboratory test in their home country, with negative results. Then, issue an antigen test here, upon arrival. A simple test, with results in 15 minutes. The new Abbott test system costs just $5 per test. Free testing upon arrival. You are negative. You have been subjected to two different tests, using two completely different systems. You are healthy. You are free to go, and please spend alot of money here, so you can help to revive our devastated economy, and put some people back to work. Thank you so much for coming!

Some of those "tourists" might have to do quarantine upon their return to home country too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, GAZZPA said:

Pattaya has built itself to attract "choice" tourists, what do you expect. It is a seedy hole of a place and not a place people want to invest their money in visiting for their well earned holiday. It is home to skint retirees, sex tourists and not much else. It has had its day, even after COVID is said and done it is going to take decades of reinvention to bring it up to a tourist destination for people with money to spend. Might sound sad but it is simply the truth, facing reality will be the start to reinventing the city.

Well the Thais allowed it to be like that in places and in that respect it serves many purposes..........I was always happy to both visit & leave.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Chivas said:

These people are absolute roasters....nobody is going to do 2 weeks quarantine bar extreme cases. Get that through your thick heads

Tell you what... if I was stuck in the UK now with winter on the way and the lockdown being re-implemented, as a retired person I would be over here like a shot.... 2 weeks quarantine I could handle. At the moment I see the limited Visa options (and CofE) as more of an impediment. The O-X for example tying up one's money for years on end is ridiculous.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, keith101 said:

With the baht getting stronger every day why would anybody want to come here as a tourist and lose money and quarantine for fourteen days at their expense .

The baht has been flat for a while and Sterling has improved against it since late last year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, sungod said:

Why not, if I was in the UK and wanted to see 3 or 4 months of the winter out here, I wouldnt hesitate if allowed.

Yes me too. Sitting in a hotel room in Pattaya waiting my time out or sitting lonely in a cold room in the UK , my time running out.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Mung said:

I've never heard of a currency gain strength over multiple months, while the economy it's attached to dwindles and dies - it's extraordinary 

Thailand isn't digging into its reserves to support its citizens and businesses that have been crippled by this pandemic. Let's face it , the government is in no danger of being voted out of power whatever the hardship.

Western democracies don't have the same option.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Emdog said:

Have the strongarm mayor and his buddies put up a 100 billion dollar bond to cover expenses in case Thailand has pandemic similar to US or parts of Europe. Problem solved.

What!

A pile of money and a pile of bodies!

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Susco said:

I just read a post on FB from a bar owner in Pattaya who said there are currently quite some Chinese tourists in Pattaya already.

 

Anyone in Pattaya can confirm?

Many are (were) stuck here.  Can't get back to China easily.  Quite a few from Bangkok go to Pattaya to get away.  Quite a few are from Taiwan or Singapore.  Many mistake them for mainland Chinese.

 

We've got large Chinese communities here in Thailand.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Yes me too. Sitting in a hotel room in Pattaya waiting my time out or sitting lonely in a cold room in the UK , my time running out.

Tests , insurance , Visa, grossly inflated airfare and quarantine . I reckon about £3000 before one even starts their holiday.

Throw in the hassles and uncertainty , most will just sit it out.

I will miss my couple of months in Thailand this winter but there are other options for a week or two ( at bargain rates ) if I get desperate.

I happen to live in a leafy village , it's very pleasant , it wont kill me to stay at home , 2 weeks locked in a hotel room possibly would !

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

I happen to live in a leafy village , it's very pleasant , it wont kill me to stay at home , 2 weeks locked in a hotel room possibly would !

My origins look more like downtown Karachi these days.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Chivas said:

These people are absolute roasters....nobody is going to do 2 weeks quarantine bar extreme cases. Get that through your thick heads

Wrong !

I would gladly do two weeks quarantine to get back to Thailand where I have spent the last 18 years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, GAZZPA said:

Pattaya has built itself to attract "choice" tourists, what do you expect. It is a seedy hole of a place and not a place people want to invest their money in visiting for their well earned holiday. It is home to skint retirees, sex tourists and not much else. It has had its day, even after COVID is said and done it is going to take decades of reinvention to bring it up to a tourist destination for people with money to spend. Might sound sad but it is simply the truth, facing reality will be the start to reinventing the city.

I don't know about that anymore : Have a look at all the high end development in North Pattaya and South Naklua. Unknown how supported it all will be , but for now the area is getting established with upper class Bangkok Thais on weekends.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...