Jump to content

Open up Pattaya to foreign tourists NOW! Russians/Europeans are willing to quarantine, say tourism leaders


Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, phetchy said:

Spot on.  The choices for the Pattaya powers that be are diametrically opposed.  It's either open up everything with no restrictions in a last attempt to keep Pattaya alive, or keep the people safe.  There is no other option.

They're doing quite well in this. 

I've been in Pattaya Beach recently, there were Russians in the restaurant, and it looked like life is coming back again. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I seriously doubt legit tourists would be prepared to do quarantine. Expats living/working here ...... maybe. People with properties/families ........ maybe. Criminals/illegal workers .

Very few tourists will be willing to jump over the onerous hoops this stunningly uncreative administration is putting forth. Perhaps a few thousand per year. Expats, yes. Tourists, no. Dumb and dumber

With the baht getting stronger every day why would anybody want to come here as a tourist and lose money and quarantine for fourteen days at their expense .

Posted Images

On 10/17/2020 at 2:54 PM, madmen said:

The elephant in the room is thai people themselves with the overwhelming majority wanting to keep borders closed 

 

To bad for tourism based busssines. Prayuth is no dummy he is fully aware of the political implications of a failed re opening 

 

So in the meantime we go round and round in circles albeit very entertaining ones 😁

The polls taken are dubious at best.  The sampling size and demographics as well as the types of questions asked in the poll all can create inaccurate views.  Push polling is commonly used to force a person to often vote one opinion out of two without any additional clarifications.  Is a load of BS to believe in the polls taken.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2020 at 11:52 PM, Chivas said:

These people are absolute roasters....nobody is going to do 2 weeks quarantine bar extreme cases. Get that through your thick heads

And they should add a criminal background check and psych evaluation to the long list of docs required of tourists that are willing to quarantine for 2 weeks 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2020 at 2:15 PM, micmichd said:

They do. 

Here in the Dark Side of Pattaya aka Chonburi aka Eastern Economic Corridor they do. Are you aware how many jobs for people from Issan were established in Chonburi in the last years? With Pattaya Beach as the hub of entertainment, arts, and music? 

And Hua Hin, and Patong, and now the Southern Economic Corridor? 

And Chiang Mai? 

Everything in Thailand is improving for Thais. Of course there are backslashes, but Thais are optimistic. 

 

what??????????????????  "Everything in Thailand is improving for Thais. Of course there are backslashes, but Thais are optimistic. "

what are you on? Thais are depressed, protesting, losing jobs, sick, no work and are OPTIMISTIC?  *******!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

what??????????????????  "Everything in Thailand is improving for Thais. Of course there are backslashes, but Thais are optimistic. "

what are you on? Thais are depressed, protesting, losing jobs, sick, no work and are OPTIMISTIC?  *******!

Yes, still optimistic. 

At least here in the Eastern Economic Corridor they are. And Thais are very good in improvisation which makes life easier to them. 

 

BTW. Thais are by far not as sick as Westerners with all their "civilization diseases" And no new CoviD-19 cases for almost half a year now. 

Edited by micmichd
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2020 at 10:57 AM, micmichd said:

They're doing quite well in this. 

I've been in Pattaya Beach recently, there were Russians in the restaurant, and it looked like life is coming back again. 

Why don't you visit Jomtien they really need some Russians for you to "see"

IMG_20201020_114637.jpg

IMG_20201020_113430.jpg

IMG_20201020_111446.jpg

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, morrobay said:

Why don't you visit Jomtien they really need some Russians for you to "see"

IMG_20201020_114637.jpg

IMG_20201020_113430.jpg

IMG_20201020_111446.jpg

What do I care? 

I don't need to by a condo, I can rent an apartment. The cheaper the rents the better for me. 

I don't need one of your restaurants, my Thai lady has one. 

And I don't need ski jets, I can swim in the sea. 

I don't even need Russians, and they don't need me. 

I'm old and retired and absolutely healthy, so I've got time. 

And I have a valid O visa multiple entry with the appropriate extension of stay. 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, micmichd said:

What do I care? 

I don't need to by a condo, I can rent an apartment. The cheaper the rents the better for me. 

I don't need one of your restaurants, my Thai lady has one. 

And I don't need ski jets, I can swim in the sea. 

I don't even need Russians, and they don't need me. 

I'm old and retired and absolutely healthy, so I've got time. 

And I have a valid O visa multiple entry with the appropriate extension of stay. 

Judging by your post, all you have is a visa and a wife that cooks, which might be sufficient for some, but not exactly my idea of "fun in Thailand".

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, lkv said:

Judging by your post, all you have is a visa and a wife that cooks, which might be sufficient for some, but not exactly my idea of "fun in Thailand".

He did not say wife!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

He did not say wife!

Yes, right. It's still up to me what I do. And I guess my lady who worked in Europe such a long time now isn't hassling me for marriage. She's in fact a very modern and successful globalist even by European standards. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2020 at 10:00 AM, micmichd said:

BTW. Thais are by far not as sick as Westerners with all their "civilization diseases" And no new CoviD-19 cases for almost half a year now. 

There have been domestic cases within the last 6 months. Twice I believe, one recent. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-thailand-idUSKBN25U1OG

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2020/09/14/officials-cant-confirm-origins-of-2nd-domestic-virus-case/

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, lkv said:

Judging by your post, all you have is a visa and a wife that cooks, which might be sufficient for some, but not exactly my idea of "fun in Thailand".

She owns a restaurant where all the neighbours go, and of course she cooks there sometimes. She worked in a restaurant in Europe, and she liked her job. 

Here in Thailand she also has a car, a house, land, and a student daughter. And she's an employee to now 10 workers from Issan and Laos. She's in fact a manager. She even manages to drive me around in Pattaya Beach with her car (where hardly any Farangs go by now)

Guess she's exactly what Yingluck Sinawatra once called a "smart woman" 

Edited by micmichd
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2020 at 12:49 PM, micmichd said:

She owns a restaurant where all the neighbours go, and of course she cooks there sometimes. She worked in a restaurant in Europe, and she liked her job. 

Here in Thailand she also has a car, a house, land, and a student daughter. And she's an employee to now 10 workers from Issan and Laos. She's in fact a manager. She even manages to drive me around in Pattaya Beach with her car (where hardly any Farangs go by now)

Guess she's exactly what Yingluck Sinawatra once called a "smart woman" 

 

"where hardly any Farangs go by now"  right you contradict yourself... next!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2020 at 1:50 PM, micmichd said:

What do I care? 

It's a stable tourism industry here that supplies western expat retirees with choice and variety.  

 

Without western tourism here, we would be eating rice 7 days a week.  Fine for some, but not for me.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...