Yearly Reporting for Permanent Resident

I am a Permanent Resident of Thailand. Every year I will need to go to extend the yearly stay after expiry and also the Re-entry Permit. I checked with the website and it is claimed that Permanent Residency does not need to apply for extension of stay (which is a privelege for PR). Can anyone (or Ubonjo) help to clarify this issue. I mean why apply for Permanent Resident when it is still mandatory to extend the stay. I understand the need for Re-entry permit. 

I also have PR, and the local Police station said report again in 5 years or update them on any change of address.  But I need to go out of Thailand for a 2 year fixed term assignment, so I need to get a Re-entry Permit before I leave, and return to Thailand to get another Re-entry permit within the 12 months.  I hope travel is easier next year!

Apart from that, I don't think there's any other reporting requirements?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you have permanent residency you do not have to do anything at immigration unless you plan on leaving the country.

The only thing you have to is to report to you local police every 5 years that you are still living at the same place or if you move to change to a new address.

Thanks a lot, ubonjoe

Any advice as to why immigration needs to stamp on my white permanent residency book whenever I go for my re-entry permit. 

50 minutes ago, bobeychao said:

Any advice as to why immigration needs to stamp on my white permanent residency book whenever I go for my re-entry permit. 

Just to have a additional record of the re-entry permit. It might come in handy if you lost your passport.

On 10/17/2020 at 11:32 AM, bobeychao said:

I have obtained the Permanent Resident long ago and have the white book permanent residency certificate of residence. 

When you got your pr you got a white book from immigration and a red book from your local police station. The white book is used for traveling overseas (together with your passport) and when you apply for re entry permission both the white book and your passport are stamped (i think the stamp on the white book is called non quata re entry). When you pass immigration in/ out of Thailand the white book and your passport are stamped for exit/ entry. 

The red book issued by your local police station. When you initially get it, its valid for 1 year but you can extend it for 5 more years, giving you a total validity for 6 years. After that you have to extend it at the police station every 5 years. 

If you move (or change your official address/ House registration) you have to get out of the current house book, get a letter from the police, move into the new house book and notify the new police station. This does not change the validity of the red book. 

All above is based on how it was years ago. Some of it might have changed but I doubt it. 

22 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Just to have a additional record of the re-entry permit. It might come in handy if you lost your passport.

Nothing to do with the re entry in the passport. Those are 2 different permits, and although I'm not sure, I think that if the passport is lost and a new re entry requested immigration will charge for it again

On 10/17/2020 at 1:56 PM, bobeychao said:

Thanks a lot, ubonjoe

My permanent residency book is dark blue. Needs a police signature every 5 years. I don't know what a white book is,

2 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

When you got your pr you got a white book from immigration and a red book from your local police station. The white book is used for traveling overseas (together with your passport) and when you apply for re entry permission both the white book and your passport are stamped (i think the stamp on the white book is called non quata re entry). When you pass immigration in/ out of Thailand the white book and your passport are stamped for exit/ entry. 

The red book issued by your local police station. When you initially get it, its valid for 1 year but you can extend it for 5 more years, giving you a total validity for 6 years. After that you have to extend it at the police station every 5 years. 

If you move (or change your official address/ House registration) you have to get out of the current house book, get a letter from the police, move into the new house book and notify the new police station. This does not change the validity of the red book. 

All above is based on how it was years ago. Some of it might have changed but I doubt it. 

Not entirely correct. If leaving Th by plane you can go with your passport trough the e Check,if registered, in what case your PR book will be stamped at IO after the queue, different counter.

If you wish to leave Thailand and then return, you need to get non-quota immigrant visa and endorsement. They are stamps in your passport and blue/white PR book. You do NOT need to get them if you do not plan to leave the country. However if you do plan to leave country, you must get these 2 stamps, which look similar to re-entry permit, else your permanent residence would be void on leaving. That's also written at the back of your white book - that PR is permanent, as long as you stay in the country, but expires should you leave without permission to return - that permission to return is the non-quota visa and endorsement you seem to have been getting annually.

34 minutes ago, jomtienisgood said:

Not entirely correct. If leaving Th by plane you can go with your passport trough the e Check,if registered, in what case your PR book will be stamped at IO after the queue, different counter.

Point is that you need the white book when traveling out of Thailand. I assume upon entering Thailand with a foreign passport you can't use the e- gate and both passport and white book are stamped, same as when crossing a land border

4 hours ago, jomtienisgood said:

Not correct. If using e gate, PR book is not stamped.