Pattaya: Totally useless pipes cause delay to Walking Street cable burying

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is reason in Europe dont know if reason here!

You mean they will dig up the streets when there are pipes already there because there is a 'legal' issue?  ***********!

Paying compensation to use them on one hand, and saving the cost of digging up the road on the other hand, only creates a legal mess in a banana republic.   And then we gonna have a legal

Posted Images

Logically the pipes should be there for something, dont know what pipes (iron concrete plastic).

It would be wise to determine what was/is the use. Otherwise you could have an old problem back again.

A problem like KerryD described. But ok im not an engineer of expert.

But the ones who are involved arent that clever, if i might say so.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Kerryd said:

Those old pipes (originally labelled as "ancient" when they first "discovered" them) were the pipes draining the water from Walking Street.

If they are "ancient" maybe they could become a tourist attraction.  They could be promoted as ancient Thai aqueducts.  🙂

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

So in future instead of saying something is a shambles, chaos, muddle or confusion we can just say it's been pattaya'd 😎

Thai logic    😜

7 hours ago, rooster59 said:

But this had created a legal mess as City Hall were the owners of the pipes and the electrical authorities would have had to pay compensation to use them.

Correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't this all be sorted out in the planning stage....

• Like 2
4 hours ago, JusticeGB said:

Pipes have been laid in Pattaya North, Pattaya Klang for some years now and yet not a single wire has gone underground yet! In the last 21 years that I have lived here I have always seen new wires go up but never seen old redundant wires come down. 

The only thing that seems to come down in Pattaya are under-garmets.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Too many Chief's and not enough Indians.     Time to set up several 'Committee's' and 'Panels' to 'Probe' this matter !

And a careful eye on the time. Better call Prawit

They don't understand how to use pipes because for decades all they have done is hang stuff from poles, just look at the waste of time, effort and money with the beach road drainage pipes, not fit for purpose.

• Like 2
20 hours ago, BobBKK said:

You mean they will dig up the streets when there are pipes already there because there is a 'legal' issue?  ***********!

I thought you knew enough about Thailand to know what the real reason for projects in Pattaya is. Hint- it's not about making things better.

Looking at every project in Pattaya done by the council ( as opposed to private enterprise ), I doubt anyone can point to a success that happened on time and within budget. Far as I can tell, most collapse or don't work anyway.

The "beautiful roof frame" proposed by the City Council in the OP should be like the Fremont Street Experience in Las Vegas  ... when things get completely back to normal.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
On 10/17/2020 at 2:05 PM, JusticeGB said:

Pipes have been laid in Pattaya North, Pattaya Klang for some years now and yet not a single wire has gone underground yet! In the last 21 years that I have lived here I have always seen new wires go up but never seen old redundant wires come down. 

there's time for this to happen.......i been doing lottery for years .......one time.....one time i JUST MIGHT WINN.....abit like burying wires I suppose !!!!

On 10/17/2020 at 2:05 PM, JusticeGB said:

Come for a wander down Sukhumvit South of Pattaya Tai. Wires getting removed by the truckload. Even the ones that used to go through the roof space of the police box on the corner of Thepprasit.  They also demolished some on Huay Yai Rd recently, my bloody internet out for 2 days as Somchai got carried away.

Cheers