Tak Covid-19 cases are Myanmar couple, ministry clarifies

rooster59

1 minute ago, unamazedloso said:

Borders arent closed? Blame foreigners! Makes me ????????. When will they admit the virus is rampant here. I had a serious sickness myself recently. All the symptoms of covid. My wife and son were also incredibly sick but we got through it with mass amounts of antibiotics and everything else. Wasn't like any flu we've ever had before. I still have serious chest, breathing issues. Ive lived here for near 20yrs and never experienced anything like it but would usually be sick once per year i guess for a week or so. My son was the first sick from school. I didnt test for covid so dont know for sure of it was covid but something aint right.

Why don't you get tested for anti bodies just to see if you had it?

Could take away some concerns you might have, and could reassure you and your surroundings that the risk of getting reinfected is very low when carrying anti bodies.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, unamazedloso said:

Borders arent closed? Blame foreigners! Makes me ????????. When will they admit the virus is rampant here. I had a serious sickness myself recently. All the symptoms of covid. My wife and son were also incredibly sick but we got through it with mass amounts of antibiotics and everything else. Wasn't like any flu we've ever had before. I still have serious chest, breathing issues. Ive lived here for near 20yrs and never experienced anything like it but would usually be sick once per year i guess for a week or so. My son was the first sick from school. I didnt test for covid so dont know for sure of it was covid but something aint right.

We have been testing staff for COVID weekly since May...and whilst we have never had a COVID positive person, we have had 2 cases of antibodies - indicating the person had previously had been infected with COVID. One case was known and had spent 5 weeks in hospital and we used that as a baseline test (to make sure test was accurate). The 2nd person was just like you. She previously been very sick and tested positive for antibodies, but was no longer positive as infected. Further Hospital tests indicated that the rapid test was correct.

The tests we use Rapid blood tests with 10 minute results. These are actual tests (test left indicates antibodies (not not currently positive) and test on right shows negative to infection and antibodies.

test results.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

All the symptoms of covid. My wife and son were also incredibly sick but we got through it with mass amounts of antibiotics and everything else. Wasn't like any flu we've ever had before. 

So if antibiotics helped to get through then it might not have been a virus (flu or covid). 

Edited by Mak25

9 hours ago, Flying Saucage said:

Here in Europe I never heard that in any country there is any differentiation between the nationalities or race when new infections are reported. The authorities just report the local cases, but never blame people of another nationality for having brought it in the country. It simply doesn't matter, and nobody is asking such weird questions about race or nationality

So why is it that Thailand is always arguing in this weird xenophobic way? Rhetoric question, of course.

The agenda of the powers-that-be is quite obvious. It's always the dirty foreigners who pose difficulties to the Thai nation, while the Thais - thanks to their claimed unique purity - are a superiour race. By this narrative the propaganda machinery of the establishment intends to position Thais way above any foreigner in the Sakdina pyramide, in order to make those Thais at the bottom of Sakdina glad to have someone to look down at.

This also is and has been one underhand part of the "bring back happiness to the people" initiative introduced 2014 by the demagogues at the top, and today the Covid crisis is another welcome opportunity for them to maintain this narrative.

Disgusting!

Here in Denmark the news frequently reported about outbreaks, that was not related to  "native" Danes. We had Pakistani, Turkish and Somali outbreaks so far as I remember. 

Most of them due to weddings, funerals and eid parties. 

Some rambled on about it's racism and such, but in the end I think it was all about informing the parallel societies that are here.

But it worked.... 

People took action in those areas and numbers dropped fast. 

Off course that's domestically, but it's two sides of the same coin. 

10 hours ago, brianp0803 said:

Why does it matter if it was a Thai person or not that got infected? It was a local transmission to someone who had been in Thailand for a long time. The implications of this should not depend on the nationality of the person getting infected.

I am curious what treatment hospitals give to COVID-19 patients that have absolutely no symptoms. Maybe just an expensive hospital bill.

I think this all started from a trucker that tested positive. Are all trucks drivers importing goods tested for Covid-19 or did he fall sick while inside Thailand?

So SOME Thai people that feel superior to other nationalities can feel smug and entitled. 

No problem if other nationalities get covid inside Thailand...so long as no true purebred Thai people get it....it's just the dirty foreigners and poor lower class  immigrants 'fault' when the virus shows up inside Thailand. 

• Like 2