Visa will expire when overseas

After eventually getting back to Thailand after 7 months I need some assistance regarding my visa please. I work offshore and need to go back to work in 7 weeks and leave Thailand. I am currently on a non O multi entry based on marriage from Savannakhet, UK citizen. 48 yrs old. My non O will expire when I am overseas for my next rotation.

As Savannakhet is out what can I currently do within Thailand to either get a non O multi here or an extension to stay based on marriage? The extension would have to be multi entry due to work. I now have around 40 days before I ho back to work. I will be overseas for approximately 90 days. My non O multi from Savannakhet expires Feb.

Thanks 

You could apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage to a Thai and then get a re-entry permit (single 1000 baht or multiple 3800 baht) to keep it valid. You will need 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months on the day you apply or proof of 40k baht income.

You cannot apply for new visa within the country.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You could apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage to a Thai and then get a re-entry permit (single 1000 baht or multiple 3800 baht) to keep it valid. You will need 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months on the day you apply or proof of 40k baht income.

You cannot apply for new visa within the country.

Thanks Joe. I have the money available in a Thai account. What info will the immigration department require? Is the multi entry obtainable from the Immigration Department or is it done at the airport?

Thanks

8 minutes ago, baneko said:

Thanks Joe. I have the money available in a Thai account. What info will the immigration department require? Is the multi entry obtainable from the Immigration Department or is it done at the airport?

Thanks

You can apply for the re-entry permit at the immigration office when your extension is approved or at the airport. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

You can apply for the re-entry permit at the immigration office when your extension is approved or at the airport. 

Thanks. How long does the extension take to be approved as I only have around 40 days? What information will the immigration office require? For the 400.000 in the bank is an updated bankbook suitable?

57 minutes ago, baneko said:

You will need a letter from your bank confirming your account and the balance on the day you appy. Example here: bank letter.pdf

Most office will accept the letter dated the day before you apply for the extension.

Your bank book will need to be updated on the day you apply to prove the 400k baht has to been the bank for 2 months  on the day you apply.

Here is my general list of required documents and etc is here. Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf

You can apply for the re-entry permit at immigration and at both airports in Bangkok on departure from the country.

4 minutes ago, baneko said:

Thanks. How long does the extension take to be approved as I only have around 40 days? What information will the immigration office require?

You need to apply for the extension as soon as possible. You will get a under consideration stamp with a report back date on it that will be 30 days from the day you apply.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

When does your 90 day entry expire?  The application is supposed to be made in the last 30 days (some offices 45) of that 90 day entry.

My visa expires 21 Feb but I will be out of country at this time. I will leave Thailand probably late November or early December. I have to return to work.

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You will need a letter from your bank confirming your account and the balance on the day you appy. Example here: bank letter.pdf

Most office will accept the letter dated the day before you apply for the extension.

Your bank book will need to be updated on the day you apply to prove the 400k baht has to been the bank for 2 months  on the day you apply.

Here is my general list of required documents and etc is here. Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf

You can apply for the re-entry permit at immigration and at both airports in Bangkok on departure from the country.

You need to apply for the extension as soon as possible. You will get a under consideration stamp with a report back date on it that will be 30 days from the day you apply.

OK joe thanks for the info.

3 minutes ago, baneko said:

My visa expires 21 Feb but I will be out of country at this time. I will leave Thailand probably late November or early December. I have to return to work.

You visas expiration date means nothing at this time. What is important is the 90 day permit to stay you got when you entered the country. When does it end.

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You visas expiration date means nothing at this time. What is important is the 90 day permit to stay you got when you entered the country. When does it end.

My 90 days expires 19 Dec although I will have left to go back to work before this time.

40 minutes ago, baneko said:

Thanks. How long does the extension take to be approved as I only have around 40 days? What information will the immigration office require? For the 400.000 in the bank is an updated bankbook suitable?

40 days is IMHO cutting it short, I had to wait the last time 41 days for the approval

Applied 7th January received approval stamp 17th February, and this was before COVID

3 minutes ago, MJCM said:

40 days is IMHO cutting it short, I had to wait the last time 41 days for the approval

Applied 7th January received approval stamp 17th February, and this was before COVID

What immigration office was this please?? I will probably apply in my closest office which is Siriacha.

Edited by baneko

5 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

In which case the application can't be made until 30 (possibly 45) days before then.

So basically I am doomed. Haha. Is This the case changing from Non O multi to Extension to stay Multi?

22 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

In which case the application can't be made until 30 (possibly 45) days before then.

Many office can be flexible it you give them and good reason for doing it early. It is not something that is fixed.

15 minutes ago, baneko said:

So basically I am doomed. Haha. Is This the case changing from Non O multi to Extension to stay Multi?

No  You are not doomed.

It applies to all extension applications.

Some offices have done them as much as 60 days early. It would help if you could show them a ticket out of the country.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, baneko said:

What immigration office was this please?? I will probably apply in my closest office which is Siriacha.

Where do you live? It doesn't matter if you live close to a immigration office, you have to go to the Immigration office which is for your area.

My Immigration office is Buriram, but I think immigration offices are swamped every where IMHO

2 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Where do you live? It doesn't matter if you live close to a immigration office, you have to go to the Immigration office which is for your area.

My Immigration office is Buriram, but I think immigration offices are swamped every where IMHO

Siriacha is my closest immigration office. I live in Phanat Nikhom.

31 minutes ago, MJCM said:

That is due to your under consideration stamp started on the day your extension ended. That is what they do here in the northeast where you applied.

I think I will go to immigration on Monday. I have all of the relevant information required. I can go to the bank on the way to Si Racha and obtain the letter. I currently don't have a flight ticket to return to work as they require a copy of a Covid PCR before they will purchase the ticket. Do you expect any issues?

3 minutes ago, baneko said:

I think I will go to immigration on Monday. I have all of the relevant information required. I can go to the bank on the way to Si Racha and obtain the letter. I currently don't have a flight ticket to return to work as they require a copy of a Covid PCR before they will purchase the ticket. Do you expect any issues?

You can try. Explain to them your situation.

Your wife has to be with you and she could help make your case for doing it early.

I think Sriracha will want witnesses.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can try. Explain to them your situation.

Your wife has to be with you and she could help make your case for doing it early.

I think Sriracha will want witnesses.

OK Joe thanks. I will drag her sister along.

Im going for my 3rd marriage visa renewal in December and my wife said the officer at our local immigration said i would need to get all my original documents (passport verified,..etc in Bangkok again). I cant find any information on this. Surely she misunderstood!

13 minutes ago, Sametboy2019 said:

Im going for my 3rd marriage visa renewal in December and my wife said the officer at our local immigration said i would need to get all my original documents (passport verified,..etc in Bangkok again). I cant find any information on this. Surely she misunderstood!

Nothing needs to be verified in Bangkok to apply for a extension of stay (it is not a visa).

The only time something might need to certified or such would be proof of income from an embassy and then if the local office wants it done the conulars officers signature be verified by the department of consular affairs.

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Nothing needs to be verified in Bangkok to apply for a extension of stay (it is not a visa).

The only time something might need to certified or such would be proof of income from an embassy and then if the local office wants it done the conulars officers signature be verified by the department of consular affairs.

Do you believe this will be required in Siriacha? Have you heard any info regarding this office and will a print off from google maps be suitable for house location? Thanks 

40 minutes ago, baneko said:

Do you believe this will be required in Siriacha?

Nothing will be required from Bangkok. What I mentioned was for those that might be using proof of 40k baht income from their embassy.

I don't recall if Sriracha immigration will accept a google map or not. A simple hand drawn map from the nearest main road or intersection would certainly be accepted.

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Nothing will be required from Bangkok. What I mentioned was for those that might be using proof of 40k baht income from their embassy.

I don't recall if Sriracha immigration will accept a google map or not. A simple hand drawn map from the nearest main road or intersection would certainly be accepted.

OK Joe I will do a hand sketch also. Thanks