Is now a good time to buy a condo in Bangkok?

39 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Tell that to all the foreign guys that bought, and can't get back into the country.

10MBht as a gift for a Thai chick  ..... you'd have to be bonkers.

That's them, and similar situations are by no means unique to Thailand.

Property ownership in foreign countries, particularly in Third World countries, has risks along with the rewards that one should be prepared to assume. Otherwise, one really should follow our TVF Little Miss Muffet Rule with regard to residency in Thailand. And then of course promote it whenever the question condo ownership comes up, as it does quite often.

If they bought long term, they'll someday return to live the dream again, underlining my point. Could be sooner than later, as things seem to be loosening up month by month. Lesson: don't ever leave, or if so then at least hasten back upon hearing the slightest rumor of a new pandemic. Take out Thai citizenship as well.????

Edited by BigStar

Based on your original post it sounds like you would either buy a condo to live in or rent for the next 5-10+ years.  Since you are talking about financing I assume you don’t have the money to invest elsewhere.  I think buying is a better option than paying rent. In the end you will have an asset instead of a stack of rent receipts.   I have seen prices drop quite a bit recently but I expect prices to go down even more within the next 12 months.  How much more I don’t know.  With the current policy unrest it is anyone’s guess as to how far the economy will fall.  I also feel that this may also be the time when the baht finally weakens so if your down payment is in foreign currency it may be good to wait.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Matzzon said:

YES! Now is the time to buy. The economy stands in front of total devastation, probable upcoming revolution in the near future and many people leaving Thailand.

So, if you want to pay as much as you can, with the highest possible risk of a bursting bubble. You wish to live with the risk that your property will be broken in to, burned or bombed. That as well as you can not see the signs of all the masses leaving the country. Hell Yeah! Then it´s just to buy! Good Luck!

How many people are leaving Thailand, a few people that can't keep their visa in order? Virtually none of the Thais are leaving. 

21 hours ago, BigStar said:

If they bought long term, they'll someday return to live the dream again, underlining my point. Could be sooner than later, as things seem to be loosening up month by month. Lesson: don't ever leave, or if so then at least hasten back upon hearing the slightest rumor of a new pandemic. Take out Thai citizenship as well.????

I've not noticed anything 'loosening up' in the world since the day the borders closed.

If anything, in the west it's tightening up.

56 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

How many people are leaving Thailand, a few people that can't keep their visa in order? Virtually none of the Thais are leaving. 

None of the Thais I know of in Oman want to return.

(Don't know any in other countries)

Edited by BritManToo

If you can afford to, start looking out for any bargains that become available.

If it is what you want, where you want at a price you can afford without a mortgege so can get it in your name 

grab it. 

If you can also before buying is to check on the monthly outgoings charged by the people in control of the building,

ie; Juristic committee in place etc, as this in many places in Pattaya is a way of gouging slowly by accidently on purpose 

manipulating the m2 price & other means as a way of making money.

Good Luck, just tread slowly & be prepared to walk away from a few "bargains" as I have done with the above being 

way out of line

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

Everyone is individual but I doubt I will ever go back to my home country - - this is my home country now...

Have you ever been a landlord? 

Your formula works fine as a formula, the reality is that many tenants can be a disaster, costing not only money but time and loads of aggravation... 

Yes...I have done exactly as I suggest, bought in the UK, rental income is £1000pm.....rent in Bangkok £425..... for a condo with pool, gym, all the usual extras......but then again I have been lucky I guess regarding tenants.

• Like 1