Is now a good time to buy a condo in Bangkok?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tell that to all the foreign guys that bought, and can't get back into the country. 10MBht as a gift for a Thai chick  ..... you'd have to be bonkers.

OP, it really comes down to personal circumstances. Is your 10m baht currently getting a return, what is the current exchange rate for your home currency, how much rent would you save over the 5-10 ye

YES! Now is the time to buy. The economy stands in front of total devastation, probable upcoming revolution in the near future and many people leaving Thailand.   So, if you want to pay as m

Posted Images

Depends. If you are a poor person, it's always a stupid thing to buy a condo in Thailand. If you are a rich person then its usually a good idea.

Discounts are to be had now. Sellers, especially those that want/need to sell relatively soon will be very happy to find a buyer, so make sure to go in low and see how they respond.

But if it were me, I'd wait a bit longer. The market might go down even more. Especially if the vaccine takes a long time to come and the political side gets out of control. Even if those two things don't happen, there will still be good discounts to be had for a few months ...or more. In my opinion.

Edited by Ketyo
  • Like 2

Maybe - if you are going to live in it long term.  Compare the rent you'd be paying to live in Bangkok to the mortgage payments.  Also check if probable rental value covers the loan repayments - but be realistic, it's a tough market.

But no if you think it will be an investment.

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I know a couple of guys in Pattaya who have rented for 15 years and regret not buying, it would have paid for itself by now

I know a couple of guys in Pattaya who bought a house in their hooker wife's name, and were evicted within the year.

If you buy her a house, does she really need you anymore? 

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I know a couple of guys in Pattaya who bought a house in their hooker wife's name, and were evicted within the year.

If you buy her a house, does she really need you anymore? 

I agree I wouldn't get married here or put a property in her name

• Like 2

A Thai friend of mine has been looking recently to buy a new condo for her son. She went to roughly ten places and no seller offered any form of discount on their advertised prices, continuing to hold the line that these shoeboxes are selling out fast.