MRT & BTS Shutdown today, Saturday 17/10/2020

ThailandRyan

Yep, entire Blue and Purple lines closed, per MRT FB page:

Update 15.30: For the safety and security of passengers, the MRT Blue Line and MRT Purple Line will be temporarily closed. When the situation resume to normal, we will resume service as soon as possible.
We apologize for any inconvenience.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Just now, Mavideol said:

what a great way to run a country I would say....

That too....

I was just commenting on the micro issue here... hard to fathom why they or the government (who I presume is behind this) couldn't have given better advance public notice of the transit shutdowns...

The macro issues... are a whole bigger kettle of stinky fish.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wasabi said:

What the protesters want will not be given without a fight so I can't see a quick and happy ending. Wish I was not in BKK right now but I am.

I stocked up on freezer foods, and the basics to last another month should it become necessary.  Luckily Rama 4 is a little out of the way and the local markets and stores have the fruits and veggies I may need.

Be nice if the various entities could at least get on the same page, information wise...

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/bangkoks-public-transport-systems-partially-closed/

Services at several stations of the BTS Skytrain, MRT underground train and the Airport Rail Link, three of Bangkok’s major public transport systems, have been suspended in anticipation of another rally for anti-government protesters this evening.

Police said 14 stations of BTS will be closed starting 2.30pm Saturday. They are mostly stations located in the metropolitan areas. They include Aree, Sanampao, Victory Monument, Phyathai, Pathumwan, Siam, Chidlom, Ploenchit, Nana, Asoke,  Prompong, National Stadium, Rajdamri and Saladaeng.

The service of the whole of MRT’s Blue Line has been closed since noon.

As for the Airport Rail Link service, the Phyathai station will be closed.

The Sukhumvit Road will also be closed to incoming traffic starting at Sukhumvit Soi 24 while the outbound traffic will be limited to Soi Nana.  

Perhaps Thai visa will partially shut down protest news feeds as well in their support of the greedy bar stewards pulling the strings.... but adverts ad nauseam will continue along with the daily release of flatulence from the generals masquerading as politicians who give a <deleted> about the people of this country.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

I wonder why all the hardcore keyboard warriors of ThaiVisa are not with the protesters, fighting for democracy? Live free or die trying, right?

And what is your input at the moment? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

I stocked up on freezer foods, and the basics to last another month should it become necessary.  Luckily Rama 4 is a little out of the way and the local markets and stores have the fruits and veggies I may need.

Dont forget the beers

2 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

Exactly

So what is the point your trying to make.  Should we remain quiet and be like good little kids and go to our rooms like when Mommy told us to be seen and not heard.  A forum is a Forum an for input and views.  If not then there would not be a forum allowing us to speak openly, except for the taboo restrictions which are off limits and against the rules.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Must be murican

10 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Must be murican

What's your point.  That only Americans stock up when there is a possibility of a lockdown or restrictions on getting to certain areas.  No I did not buy all of the Toilet paper, I have bidets.

• Haha 1