MRT & BTS Shutdown today, Saturday 17/10/2020

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why would we risk being arrested and deported from the country.  We are not Thai citizens, and why risk an expulsion.  We can lend our support and our views here until we get removed by other sources.

Not the few folks I talked to, they blame the Government on being heavy handed.  However, it is not stopping the protestors as they are arriving by the car load or truckload and being dropped off on s

People power, good to see. I think Bang Na intersection is now closed by protesters.

Posted Images

Yep, entire Blue and Purple lines closed, per MRT FB page:

Update 15.30: For the safety and security of passengers, the MRT Blue Line and MRT Purple Line will be temporarily closed. When the situation resume to normal, we will resume service as soon as possible.
We apologize for any inconvenience.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
Just now, Mavideol said:

what a great way to run a country I would say....

That too....

I was just commenting on the micro issue here... hard to fathom why they or the government (who I presume is behind this) couldn't have given better advance public notice of the transit shutdowns...

The macro issues... are a whole bigger kettle of stinky fish.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

5 protest sites in BKK. Richard Barrow for updates.

Add in Pattaya, and the rest of the country, it is catching on like fire........

• Like 1

What the protesters want will not be given without a fight so I can't see a quick and happy ending. Wish I was not in BKK right now but I am.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, wasabi said:

What the protesters want will not be given without a fight so I can't see a quick and happy ending. Wish I was not in BKK right now but I am.

I stocked up on freezer foods, and the basics to last another month should it become necessary.  Luckily Rama 4 is a little out of the way and the local markets and stores have the fruits and veggies I may need.