New Zealand's Ardern storms to re-election with 'be strong, be kind' mantra

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of the few western countries that apparently has achieved to not breed a considerable number of losers and idiots who vote far-right and believe QAnon. Good job, New Zealand! 

Corona saved her. Were it not for that, her, IMO, dismal performance when it came to making NZer's lives better, she'd have probably been saying goodbye to the big chair now.   LOL. "set bac

I'd say it was more that National had been a shambles since they back stabbed Simon, and has been pathetic at standing up for farmers etc. A party that abandons its base is in trouble at the polls.

Posted Images

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Corona saved her. Were it not for that, her, IMO, dismal performance when it came to making NZer's lives better, she'd have probably been saying goodbye to the big chair now.

LOL. "set back" doesn't begin to describe it.

They did quite well on bicycle paths though.

Which was pretty much a fiasco, IMO.

If she doesn't shape up and deliver this term, IMO labour will be able to fit sitting members in a small van, post next election.

Empathy and hugs only gets a politician so far.I

I agree 100percent.

Edited by Deerculler
Wrong word
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, RickBradford said:

I would like some journalist to ask Ardern the simple question: what is your exit strategy for the Covid issue?

Given her present goal of "elimination" of the virus, the country could remain isolated for 10 or 20 years at best, perhaps forever.

Some politician, somewhere outside Sweden, has to understand that this virus, like colds and influenza, is here to stay.

I agree. She's just another wishy washy, everything's awesome leftie. Easy to claim success when you're in the middle of the Pacific. Only a monkey could screw things up there on covid. They have not had any exposure and will have to remain closed for the duration or hope someone develops a vaccine before they can rejoin the human race.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, RickBradford said:

I would like some journalist to ask Ardern the simple question: what is your exit strategy for the Covid issue?

Given her present goal of "elimination" of the virus, the country could remain isolated for 10 or 20 years at best, perhaps forever.

Some politician, somewhere outside Sweden, has to understand that this virus, like colds and influenza, is here to stay.

Unfortunately "journalists" ( I use the term advisedly ) in NZ are mainly in the bag for Ardern and apparently only ask her softball questions.

One that hosts talkback and would ask that question is still waiting for her to come on his show.