Adding Subtitles in VLC

fangless

I may be teaching you all to suck eggs but I have just come across a way to add subtitles to most VLC videos, As you are watching the video go to "view" then "VLsub" and up comes this.

149482624_vlcsub.jpg.561c5f4c745a7d5ed711b73c9a9b1248.jpg

Works a treat on 90% of the time!

Edited by fangless
  • Thanks 1

Almost all players attach subtitles automatic in movie if movie and sub file are same name and same place in your computer! Like : blueray.mp4 , blueray.srt. But you have to put that your computer shows file's "extension".

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Like 1

On 10/17/2020 at 8:16 PM, fangless said:

but I have just come across a way to add subtitles to most VLC videos, As you are watching the video go to "view" then "VLsub"

Thanks for that   never knew about that option before  searches and downloads

*.srt file from opensubtitles.org ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/17/2020 at 9:34 PM, 2 is 1 said:

if movie and sub file are same name and same place in your computer! Like : blueray.mp4 , blueray.srt.

Maybe you missed the point of the o/p, VLC downloads the srt files off the internet. Not the best way I have found, other subtitle downloaders (I use Sublight free) rename the srt file to that of your movie file name and stick the result in the same folder ready to use whereas VLC seems to download a mix or zip files with generic subtitle file names archived to saved into your own folder manually.

21 hours ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Not the best way I have found, other subtitle downloaders (I use Sublight free) rename the srt file to that of your movie file name and stick the result in the same folder ready to use whereas VLC seems to download a mix or zip files

I find that my downloaded VLC SRT's go into the same folder that the video I am playing is in.

• Like 1