Where to get medical certificate for mask exemption?

Synek

Hi guys,

I write here because I am really desperate and need help.

I have severe Asthma and my oxygen levels are low all the time anyway already.

When I wear a mask, I get dizzy, I get anxious, I can't breath anymore and my oxygen levels go lower after some time, too.

I have two friends in Germany and Netherlands with Asthma and they have no issues at all to get a medical letter from ANY doctor to get a written letter that exempt them from mask wearing.

Now I went to 6(!) different doctors in Thailand already and they all refused, almost anxiously, my request for a letter in Thai that explains I cannot wear a mask for medical reasons. Two of them almost immediately kicked me out of their premises.

Why is that? In Thailand there is no Corona anyway anymore and even if there would be, in almost every other country in the world I would get this letter. It's a human right and they treat me like <deleted>.

What to do? I really need to get this letter, otherwise I am completely excluded from any social interaction..

Sorry about your illness, but it is not a human right to get that exclusion letter.  You have to live with your difficulties.  Have you tried a bubble helmet, which includes fans/pump to ensure that the supply of air is not restricted in volume?

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Sorry about your illness, but it is not a human right to get that exclusion letter.  You have to live with your difficulties.  Have you tried a bubble helmet, which includes fans/pump to ensure that the supply of air is not restricted in volume?

It's a human right to get medical treatment. This letter is a kind of medical treatment, as without this treatment I get very sick.

And can you explain me why I should wear this mask? I mean it cannot be because of Coronavirus, because there is none in Thailand.

I just do not understand and just want to live a healthy life in this country. Why everyone just silently accepts what's going wrong here?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dimitriv said:

Maybe you can punch some holes in your mask?  

Most masks (except for the medical ones) aren't useful anyway.

I just want to be treated like a human being. And I think this is a real issue. We all live in a country where human right means nothing, and just because most of the inhabitants accept it, we start to accept it, too? Sorry, but I can't. Even without Asthma I woudl stand for other people, but now I stand for myself.

40 minutes ago, Synek said:

Now I went to 6(!) different doctors in Thailand already and they all refused, almost anxiously, my request for a letter in Thai that explains I cannot wear a mask for medical reasons. Two of them almost immediately kicked me out of their premises.

How can the doctor certify that you are not a Covid "risk" because that's why masks are required? I agree with you the risk in Thailand is pretty much zero but rules are rules.

What I do sometimes is secretly pull the mask under my nose. It's like letting fresh air in. You might try that.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, simon43 said:

I guess in Thailand, you will be shunned if you refuse to wear a mask.  No-one will be the slightest bit interested in your medical exemption.  You'll probably make people angry at your refusal to mask up.

Okay and because something "is like it is", I need to accept that? If everyone would be like you, we would never have any progress for the people.

But anyway, I did not came here to discuss why I can't wear a mask. In almost every country people with brains see the problem that several people can't wear a mask and need a medical letter for exemption.

And have fun with the wet air you breath in through the mask with your fungal spores in your lung. But just because you like to sacrifice yourself for senseless rules, don't put that on anyone with a medical condition.

2 minutes ago, Why Me said:

How can the doctor certify that you are not a Covid "risk" because that's why masks are required? I agree with you the risk in Thailand is pretty much zero but rules are rules.

What I do sometimes is secretly pull the mask under my nose. It's like letting fresh air in. You might try that.

Because Thailand has 0 cases since many months? And I am not sick since many months?

In every European country the coronavirus numbers are expotentially higher than in Thailand, because here there are non-existing. And still in every of these countries I could and can get an exemption letter in minutes.

I have no interest in accepting senseless rules that further harm my already attacked health and then make a sneaky move around that to just have half the harm.

I am a human being and even in a military junta, or more likely especially then, we should demand human rights and human treatment.

This might of started out as a medical situation but it appears to me you are trying to lay the law down to suit yourself what you will do and what you won't do, or indeed don't want to do. and then you ramble on about human rights etc, so it appears your soap box is getting higher by the post and has now become totally boring.

If this is anything other than a rant, you may want to let people know where you live so they can suggest a doctor.

If you're in Bangkok, I'd suggest going to Bumrungrad or Samitivej hospitals, both of which cater to foreigners, their needs, and their preferences.

If you're honestly thinking about changing the millennia old culture, I'd suggest you read "The Ingenious Gentleman Don Quixote of La Mancha".

Edited by impulse

1 hour ago, Synek said:

Email first. They can probably post it to you or allow you to send someone to pay and collect it.

1 hour ago, Synek said:

It's a human right

It is not.

55 minutes ago, Synek said:

And can you explain me why I should wear this mask? I mean it cannot be because of Coronavirus, because there is none in Thailand.

It would be extremely foolish for someone in your condition to believe that.

Edited by Poet
  • Like 1

So many solution to where somthing every place you go will accept. Use your creativity to solve your problem. Use a headwear tube/buff which will not restraint your breathing at all. 

Tons of videos, tips and iformation if you look for it in the right channels

https://community.aafa.org/blog/what-people-with-asthma-need-to-know-about-face-masks-and-coverings-during-the-covid-19-pandemic

Edited by Tagged
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Synek said:

It's a human right to get medical treatment. This letter is a kind of medical treatment, as without this treatment I get very sick.

I just do not understand and just want to live a healthy life in this country. Why everyone just silently accepts what's going wrong here?

What kind of hospitals did you go to? Government hospitals or internationa privat hospitals? 

I see many people walking around with no mask on, however they have one at hand to wear where it is requested. 

You tried to get an official document, but apparently it doesn't work. 

You can do like many, and wear a mask when it is really requested. 

Usually for a short laps of time. 

If you, by all means, want a document, there must be  a way to get a false medical document, you will find out if that impress the young girl at the entry of a 7/11.

Masks are only compulsary in enclosed areas, shops etc. You can do online shopping for almost everything now, or alternatively get friends or relatives to buy if it's not available online. Why should you or anyone else be exempt.....How have you coped the past 7 months? 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Synek said:

Okay and because something "is like it is", I need to accept that? If everyone would be like you, we would never have any progress for the people.

But anyway, I did not came here to discuss why I can't wear a mask. In almost every country people with brains see the problem that several people can't wear a mask and need a medical letter for exemption.

And have fun with the wet air you breath in through the mask with your fungal spores in your lung. But just because you like to sacrifice yourself for senseless rules, don't put that on anyone with a medical condition.

Snivel Snivel Snivel are you sure you are not Bi-polar and off your medicine??

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Synek said:

I have no interest in accepting senseless rules that further harm my already attacked health and then make a sneaky move around that to just have half the harm.

I am a human being and even in a military junta, or more likely especially then, we should demand human rights and human treatment.

So you have no interest in accepting the rules, bit selfish isnt it.

Why can you not just put on a mask in places where it is required?

I go out on my scooter carry a mask, when i get outside of big C, on goes my mask, when i get out, mask off, so why cant you do that?

It apppears you are just making problems just for the sake of it, or you are posting just to wind members up.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, Poet said:

You would imagine that those vulnerable people would, at least, assist our effort by isolating themselves and minimizing their contact with other people.

If this is happening for the risk group, for people like me, why no one asked us, the risk group?

Old and sick people worldwide are calling for an end of this madness, because before we wanna live in a world like this we better wanna die in the old world.

And no I am not the only one thinking like this and making this up, guess this is what all of you guys will think the next? Just have a internet search and you will find many videos from different countries where old and sick people just say this.

And again I wanna ask:
NO ONE IS DYING BECAUSE OF CORONA SINCE MANY MONTHS IN THAILAND. And before that 58 people died until April and the virus is inside Thailand at least since January. That means 58 people got killed in 4 months, 3 of them the virus spread everywhere because the regulations just started end of March.

So why I need to wear a mask anyway? To protect myself and others from a non-existing-in-this-country virus? In every country with human souls there would be a discussion about the sense of this.
Here in Thailand the local people seems to be used to accept rules without thinking about the sense. And the expats just seem to accept this. I cannot believe my eyes and my heart, both are crying to see this. Where are your souls, where is your humanity? But I guess you will just laugh about these words..

I need to say I am very shocked by all these responses here. I don't even know what to say anymore, it seems like common sense and humanity was finally totally wiped out during the last months.

But to come back to my initial question and stop making me sad and probably making sick people like you laugh:

NO ONE has any experiences themselves or know anyone who have a medical excemption for wearing a mask?

Edited by Synek

Just now, Synek said:

If this is happening for the risk group, for people like me, why no one asked us, the risk group?

Old and sick people worldwide are calling for an end of this madness, 

What a load of rubbish, you are posting.

I am in the high risk group, old, sick, disabled, and i totally disagree with the nonsense you keep posting.

Sounds like you are a very selfish arrogant person.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, colinneil said:

What a load of rubbish, you are posting.

I am in the high risk group, old, sick, disabled, and i totally disagree with the nonsense you keep posting.

Sounds like you are a very selfish arrogant person.

Okay. So people in the high risk group too, just with another opinion and another approach, are automatically talking "nonsense" and "load of rubbish"?!

Is this the way you have all of your discussions? Interesting.

Sounds like you are a very arrogant person, just your own opinion counts and EVERY other opinion is AUTOMATICALLY "nonsense" and load of rubbish". This is actually the definition of arrogant.

May I ask if you want to wear a mask for the rest of your life? Because even after you got vaccinated for CertificateOfVaccinationID-19, there are many other diseases out there (flu, other coronaviruses, tuberculosis) that can kill old and vulnerable people. Excuse me to tell you that, but that's life. Dangerous and will end deadly for all of us sooner or later.

And if you don't want to self-isolate and wear mask for the rest of your life, it will always stay like that.

I think it is very selfish from you, just because you are in the risk group, that you expect everyone to change their lifes, losing their jobs and so on. I am in the risk group too and I would never be so selfish like that, that I would tell other people to change their life just to MAYBE save me from a virus that could MAYBE kill me. What you say and want is actually a good definition of being selfish.

And by the way: I am WAY younger than you, so you lived the most of your life already. Still I would prefer to die tomorrow in an open world than in 50 years in the world that's being created right now.

Edited by Synek
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Crossy said:

@Synek you still haven't told us where in Thailand you are located, how can anyone assist with your original question without that snippet of information?

Sorry to not answer this before, but I do not have the feeling someone would be really interested in assisting me.

I am living in the province of Chanthaburi.

Edited by Synek

40 minutes ago, Synek said:

I need to say I am very shocked by all these responses here. I don't even know what to say anymore, it seems like common sense and humanity was finally totally wiped out during the last months.

It appears that you wanted only one particular type of response. That is not how forums work. Stop taking it personally and consider the actual value you are getting here. If you had posted before visiting in person and getting refused by six different medical centers, you might have been pre-warned that they would be alarmed and unwilling to accept your narrative.

This year has been difficult for everyone. Things are not as they were before, and all we can do as individuals is to accept that we must conform to a new reality. We do not wear masks because we believe they will be particularly effective. We wear them out of respect for the fears of other people.

If, as a foreigner with respiratory difficulties, you wander around public indoor spaces without a mask, you absolutely will distress people and bring to the surface all their own anxieties that have accumulated over the past eight months. It does not matter one jot that you have a lovely letter from a doctor in your pocket. The mask is just a symbol, but an important one. It is a symbol of cooperation, respect, and solidarity.

The main reason you got a somewhat spiky response here is that we all know, just as you know, that very few people capable of walking have a genuine medical reason that prevents them from wearing a mask.

No one likes wearing masks, they are horrible, but we all know that the people allowing themselves to become hysterical about them are not fully sane. They have responded poorly to a tough situation. We know that the exemption letters are both meaningless and do nothing to prevent the people around you from becoming distressed. If you are so sick that you cannot wear a mask for ten minutes, you should get someone else to do your shopping for you.

If you still think that an exemption letter will be of use to you, simply email a bunch of medical clinics, find one that will accept payment over the phone and post it to you.

But, again, you are allowing your understandable upset about this whole dreadful situation to cloud your judgement and prevent you from empathizing with the fears of other people.

Edited by Poet
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Google lists 20 hospitals plus another 20 clinics in Chanthaburi itself. If we discount vetinary and beauty clinics that gives you at least 30 choices.

Time to get out the phone and a Thai-speaking friend and make some calls (tomorrow I would suggest).

EDIT but I'm still of the opinion that it will do you no good whatever.

• Like 2