Jump to content

Ten new Covid-19 cases reported


Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Slowing the spread slows down the number of infection and slows down the time it takes for the deaths to occur rather than reducing the number is what I understood the experts were saying.I've heard it said that all pandemics eventually end with or without vaccines which have only been around for a relatively short time historically speaking so I disagree that vaccines are the "only" realistic means of eradicating the virus.I don't disagree that vaccines can be very effective in helping to eradicating the virus.Mankind's immune systems are apparently still quite mysterious and not so well understood so we don't really get the full picture of what is happening in regards to immunity to this virus and is still a work in progress.It's sad what is happening and people are trying to do the best they can to deal with it but deal with it we shall even if some of the things we do are considered mistakes if we can identify the mistakes the we should be able to learn from them.

 

In terms of the numbers of dead without a vaccine I think it depends on the location. If people are relatively spread out, and you have strong borders , and you have a government that can get most people to cooperate, like New Zealand and Australia, masks and lockdowns can pretty much kill off the disease with relatively few deaths without a vaccine. New Zealand and Australia have now opened borders and as long as little flare ups can be knocked on the head it's all good from here.

New Zealand is the gold standard; a bit over 600 cases and 12 deaths.

In other places though, as you say, it seems the aim at first is just to slow it down so hospitals aren't overwhelmed. But then if they can get their act together they can be like Australia and New Zealand.

  

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

quarantine somewhere would be better than hospital, you can imagine the bill padding going on

China and Thailand have herd immunity from late 2019/early 2020

Strange that everyone with Corona positive test stays in hospital, even asymptomatic people 

Posted Images

On 10/18/2020 at 9:13 AM, scubascuba3 said:

quarantine somewhere would be better than hospital, you can imagine the bill padding going on

 

For Thais -- who are the majority of the cases -- it is paid for by the government health system so hardly any reason to "pad".

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

In terms of the numbers of dead without a vaccine I think it depends on the location. If people are relatively spread out, and you have strong borders , and you have a government that can get most people to cooperate, like New Zealand and Australia, masks and lockdowns can pretty much kill off the disease with relatively few deaths without a vaccine. New Zealand and Australia have now opened borders and as long as little flare ups can be knocked on the head it's all good from here.

New Zealand is the gold standard; a bit over 600 cases and 12 deaths.

In other places though, as you say, it seems the aim at first is just to slow it down so hospitals aren't overwhelmed. But then if they can get their act together they can be like Australia and New Zealand.

  

Today Worldometer has New Zealand at 25 deaths 1886 cases with a population of 5 million and Taiwan has 7 deaths 534 cases with a population of nearly 24 million and Taiwan didn't do lockdowns and New Zealand had one of the most severe lockdowns so I think Taiwan would be a better Gold Standard choice for me. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

 

For Thais -- who are the majority of the cases -- it is paid for by the government health system so hardly any reason to "pad".

No but it's their policy to hospitalise positive cases so if any farang get covid in the future and are asymptomatic, it will be expensive no doubt

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Today Worldometer has New Zealand at 25 deaths 1886 cases with a population of 5 million and Taiwan has 7 deaths 534 cases with a population of nearly 24 million and Taiwan didn't do lockdowns and New Zealand had one of the most severe lockdowns so I think Taiwan would be a better Gold Standard choice for me. 

Plus, they only put in quarantine those infected or those who were in contact with these people.  The rest of the country wasn't locked down.  Unlike NZ.

 

Taiwan is the gold standard.

 

Edit: and I believe the quarantine wasn't that long.  Shows an easy way out of this if the politicians would let the scientists run this.

Edited by Jeffr2
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

No but it's their policy to hospitalise positive cases so if any farang get covid in the future and are asymptomatic, it will be expensive no doubt

Hence the mandatory insurance. 

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, stretch5163 said:

Herd immunity my ass......what pills are you taking i need some.

 

More like selective reporting on actual numbers.

Another day, same old................................yawn!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2020 at 5:33 AM, rooster59 said:

The other cases included a Nepalese, aged 26, one from the United Arab Emirates, aged 24, a 43-year-old from the US, a 57-year-old from Poland, three people aged 22, 25, 56 from the UK, and and a 24-year-old from Japan. All of them, except the Nepalese, are Thai nationals.

OK, so when was his/her most recent entry?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2020 at 7:07 PM, teacherclaire said:

The first will arrive in a few days.................unbelievable that Chinese people, where the virus originated from, are allowed to enter Thailand. 

 

That doesn't make any sense, but too many things are very similar.

 

  Who needs a soldier who extends the emergency decree that his position is safe? 

 

    The draconian Emergency Decree on Public Administration in Emergency Situation provides authorities with broad powers to arrest individuals without charge and detain them in informal places of detention. Officials carrying out the duties under the decree enjoy legal immunity. The decree does not require access to legal counsel or visits by family members.

 

   https://www.hrw.org/news/2020/10/15/thailand-emergency-decree-pretext-crackdown

do not consent, it is your rights. living life in fear is worse than be dead. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2020 at 6:38 AM, scubascuba3 said:

Strange that everyone with Corona positive test stays in hospital, even asymptomatic people 

Nothing strange at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Nout said:

Nothing strange at all.

So if you get tested for covid, are positive, no symptoms, you are happy to be banged up in hospital and pay the big bill, ok

Edited by scubascuba3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder how many of the ai Chinese that have come into Thailand today on STV's will be found to have CV19 in the coming days? Will authorities report any cases or will it be kept under wraps?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...