Free entrance to Nong Nooch for residents of 9 provinces, 10 Bangkok districts

rooster59

Free entrance to Nong Nooch for residents of 9 provinces, 10 Bangkok districts

By THE NATION

800_89c88d46fd49f8e.jpeg

The Nong Nooch Tropical Garden in Pattaya is offering free entrance to people from nine provinces and 10 districts in Bangkok, the attraction’s president Kampon Tansacha said.

People from the provinces of Khon Kaen, Kalasin, Mukdahan, Sakon Nakhon, Nakhon Phanom, Bueng Kan, Nong Khai, Udon Thani and Nong Bua Lamphu will be granted free entrance, as well residents of Bangkok’s Minburi, Khan Na Yow, Khlong Sam Wa, Nong Chok, Lat Krabang, Taling Chan, Thawee Watthana, Phasi Charoen, Bang Khae and Nong Khaem districts.

The 1,700-rai (272 hectare) garden sports more than 19,000 plant species and offers additional services such as boxing camp, Thai massage as well as DIY and cooking classes.

It also has a “dinosaur valley” housing more than 200 12 to 18-metre tall replicas of these fearsome creatures.

Nong Nooch Tropical Garden had to be closed from April 1 due to Covid-19, and though it has reopened recently, more than 90 per cent of its visitors have disappeared. Kampon said he has had to reduce salaries by 20 per cent, but none of his staff have been laid off.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30396359

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-10-18

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Jack Mountain said:

Why????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because the make it up, at least partially, on concessions?  Or maybe they want to give potential customers a free taste, in hopes that they come back again?

Tons of good reasons to run a promotion right now.

Don't underestimate the importance of domestic tourism right now. Domestic tourism is worth 1/3 of total tourism revenues. They do spend, quite a lot, but in different places and on different things. Domestic tourism is being promoted and encouraged. Those that go free to Nong Nuch will have to stay somewhere, they will have to eat too. Plus, they will stop at the side of the road on the way back home and spend a fortune on overpriced local delicacies as gifts for everyone they know back home.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

I see it only says "offering free entrance to people from nine provinces and 10 districts in Bangkok", but not specifically Thais.

I'm a resident of Udon Thani. I'd better nip down to Pattaya now and claim my free entry.

Ha ha ha!!! I was wondering if it included Farang residents ...............!!!!

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

offers additional services such as boxing camp, Thai massage as well as DIY and cooking classes

DIY eh .! That should nail it .. 

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

It also has a “dinosaur valley” housing more than 200 12 to 18-metre tall replicas of these fearsome creatures

A real blast from the past then .. said the Dino' after blowing off ..

Beware. They didn't honour the offer they claim they didn't publish last time! Broke a little girls' heart (her mum was in dire financial straits) and guaranteed I will never take any guests there, recommend it, or go myself. 

8 minutes ago, Grusa said:

Beware. They didn't honour the offer they claim they didn't publish last time! Broke a little girls' heart (her mum was in dire financial straits) and guaranteed I will never take any guests there, recommend it, or go myself. 

And you didnt offer to pay the 300 baht?

Edited by Sametboy2019
  • Sad 1

On 10/18/2020 at 5:59 AM, impulse said:

Because the make it up, at least partially, on concessions?  Or maybe they want to give potential customers a free taste, in hopes that they come back again?

Tons of good reasons to run a promotion right now.

once one has/had seen a big dinasaur.....or cacti or changs.....why would one go back again???