UK business groups urge Britain, EU to find compromise: FT

rooster59

1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

The EU do not play fair????!!!! What?

This thing is about already agreed things, that UK suddenly withdraw from. Have you been sleeping in a cave?

I see your our new resident expert on the Brexit threads. Welcome.

If you don't know what the first sentence means, then I would go back and start looking at the Brexit threads since 2015 and learn something.

If you come up with anything of substance, I might just reply.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

This thing is about already agreed things, that UK suddenly withdraw from. Have you been sleeping in a cave?

This 'thing' is about things that are not agreed. Mind your head on the stalactites.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

Cut the apron strings Boris and tell the EU to get lost.

I think that’s what he was trying to say on Friday but when asked directly to confirm Monday’s meeting with the EU was cancelled he went into one of his famous  well it is but it isn’t  lines. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, luckyluke said:

Is the request of 70 business group significant enough for Mr. Johnson to reconsider his decision? 

I know the answer of the Hard Brexiteers. 

No idea what the man in the street think. 

According to sustained poll results 54% of the men and women in the street believe that the no vote was a mistake.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

I was going to ask you the same thing as you don't seem to understand what's been going on regarding the UK being treated the same as other non EU countries, plus the UK waters now are under the control of the UK, not the EU or your Sweden....

2 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Have you read the title of this topic?

If no your post is comprehensible.

If yes, it is clear that you didn't understood it.

I will try to resume it in a simple way.

A business group of 70 is asking to continue the negotiations, as according to them too much is at stake.

In post 2 I wondered if this request will influence in any way the previous decision made by Mr. Johnson, at the same time what the opinion of Joe Bloggs ( The man in the street) would be about this request done by this group of business people which apparently give work to 7 million people.

I also stated that I was sure that the Hard Brexiteers will say : " this request is of no value and should be ignored, what important is is a Brexit without deal."
I hope you will understand now, and that your reaction is completely out of the context.

A business group of 70 is asking to continue the negotiations, as according to them too much is at stake.

What is the point in carrying on with the negotiations when the EU are not listening, it has become a case of two immovable objects. The EU, in particular Mr Macron has, and is still insisting on 100% fishing rights to our waters, when I own a house I chose who can come into my garden and who cannot. They are just wasting Boris and Mr Frosts time by their tactics and Boris has every right to curtail the talks, especially when there not going anywhere, well done Boris for showing a bit of Bulldog spirit.

They need to accept that we have left and we make our own rules now and we don't want the EUs.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, transam said:

I was going to ask you the same thing as you don't seem to understand what's been going on regarding the UK being treated the same as other non EU countries, plus the UK waters now are under the control of the UK, not the EU or your Sweden....

What has Sweden to do with this? Are you confused?

But, sure you are right! Hope the value of the pound will keep you going in the future. Good Luck!

Maybe go home and start a fishing business, when you have so much water.

Edited by Matzzon
  • Haha 2

Just now, Matzzon said:

What has Sweden to do with this? Are you confused?

But, sure you are right! Hope the value of the pound will keep you going in the future. Good Luck!

Me confused, naaaaaah, just using gained knowledge......????

As for the pound and me, don't worry yourself, bulldog breed.....????

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, luckyluke said:

A few polls from different political tendencies may give an idea.

Personally I think, except a few radicals, nobody really care about this Brexit thing now,

4 years ago, sure.

However, starting next year, assuming it change concretely their daily life, it may again.

why bother to fuss over this?

this is just another interest group praying for their sick mothers

such group are there everywhere in society - have always been - nothing special

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

What is the point in carrying on with the negotiations when the EU are not listening, it has become a case of two immovable objects. The EU, in particular Mr Macron has, and is still insisting on 100% fishing rights to our waters, when I own a house I chose who can come into my garden and who cannot. They are just wasting Boris and Mr Frosts time by their tactics and Boris has every right to curtail the talks, especially when there not going anywhere, well done Boris for showing a bit of Bulldog spirit.

They need to accept that we have left and we make our own rules now and we don't want the EUs.

Your position and opinion about the matter is loud and clear.

Apparently this doesn't stop those business people to have a different opinion and to express it.

Now who is right or wrong is something each of us has to consider for his own, based on different components.

It will be Mr. Johnson who will ultimately decide,  knowing what some think about the matter ( here some major protagonists of the business world ).

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

transam, I see you are confused,

I am sorry I can not express myself more clearly.

your clear., or lack thereof, suffices - nee bother with more

the issue is Brexit, 3 years overdue

less or more clear. ain't gonna help either way

11 minutes ago, transam said:

Really, you're scraping the barrel now chap...????

Seems to be your “go to” comeback for anyone who disagrees with your views. Either that or accuse them of being a Lefty, Guardian reading, BLM supporter. 

I could write that reply to numerous posts I read from you and your sidekicks most days and then I would also have in the region of 60,000 posts. ????

Edited by Kadilo
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, luckyluke said:

Your position and opinion about the matter is loud and clear.

Apparently this doesn't stop those business people to have a different opinion and to express it.

Now who is right or wrong is something each of us has to consider for his own, based on different components.

It will be Mr. Johnson who will ultimately decide,  knowing what some think about the matter ( here some major protagonists of the business world ).

The "business people" can have as many opinions as they like but it is only the negotiators that count. 

I am sure that Boris wants a deal as much as anyone, but not at any price. The EU are trying their best to get their "pound of flesh" and it is not working.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, transam said:

Me confused, naaaaaah, just using gained knowledge......????

As for the pound and me, don't worry yourself, bulldog breed.....????

Why are you calling other posters names, as soon as you do not agree? 

Edited by Matzzon
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Seems to be your “go to” comeback for anyone who disagrees with your views. Either that or accuse them of being a Lefty, Guardian reading, BLM supporter. 

I could write that reply to numerous posts I read from you and your sidekicks most days and then I would also have in the region of 60,000 posts. ????

Then you should write more, no good coming on board picking out a vid of a politician then taking the p_ss out of him is it, just puts you on the same level as those who take the p_ss out of the UK in general. It's very tiresome....????

As for post counts, well I have been here for 14 years, try doing the maths.....????

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1