UK business groups urge Britain, EU to find compromise: FT

rooster59

9 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Good that we seem to be on the same page on most of that then.  Love the "fikernous insinuation" reference!  However you are way off kilter thinking that I think it would be possible to stay in the EU now.  That ship sailed long ago when I moved my business to mainland Europe.  For the sake of the country, the best we can hope for is a trade deal and I still think that Johnson will buckle and agree to the one that the EU are offering.  After all that is the deal that Boris agreed to with the WA. 

Of course it could be that Cummings will decide to go with no-deal.  Easy for him as he doesn't have to deal with the people, he will just remain hiding in the shadows.  Let's see what happens. 

I agree that the best we can hope for is a trade deal but I disagree with what the EU are offering and also disagree that a trade deal was part of the WA - Boris is not obliged to just accept what the EU offers in terms of a trade deal. It's a pity that all aspects of the withdrawal were not negotiated in tandem but that was the EU's position and unfortunately, May agreed to this.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

And there we see the English exceptionalism again.

Are people who are not English allowed an opinion or not?

Hello, nice to hear from you again....Weeell, I think that is a bit of a daft question that I will ignore...????

"English exceptionalism", a comment from a Scot that clearly has a problem with the English, but expected from a Scottish Independence chap like yourself, you just cannot help yourself...

But still nice to hear from you.....????

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

No I am English posting from England who is directly affected by the decisions being made. 

I assume one who is so excited by all the benefits and freedom we, in the UK, will be getting post Brexit, that you will be returning home to get the max from it all? 

I may be returning as I am a non immigrant, but other than that I am retired doing what I want to do.

You are in England, then I suggest you spend your time posting on English sites to try and make a difference for you, you're wasting your time talking to folk here eh....????

3 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

The EU have been consistent since day one with the British "negotiators" changing their position at every turn.  We are left with a desperate Johnson still trying to move the goalposts whilst Barnier holds his ground.

Not what I read. Anyway beer o'clock.

9 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Boris is not obliged to just accept what the EU offers in terms of a trade deal. It's a pity that all aspects of the withdrawal were not negotiated in tandem but that was the EU's position and unfortunately, May agreed to this.  

You might be surprised to learn that I agree 100% with your comment ...  but .. there should be an addendum: The EU is equally not obliged to submit to Johnson's demands for a Canada type deal. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, luckyluke said:

A few polls from different political tendencies may give an idea.

Personally I think, except a few radicals, nobody really care about this Brexit thing now,

4 years ago, sure.

However, starting next year, assuming it change concretely their daily life, it may again.

I have long ago learned that politics and religion are:-

1. Things not worth discussing ..you can't change anything, and 

2. Largely irrelevant to real life... it goes on regardless.

The rich get richer, the poor get poorer, and those in the middle get scr€wed.

3 hours ago, luckyluke said:

I am sorry, I don't understand what you write.

Lucky Luke, the man who pulls his shooter faster than his own shadow, nee problem,

wasn't very potent text either,

just the result of some aimless fingertip execrise on me keyboard

• Like 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

Hello, nice to hear from you again....Weeell, I think that is a bit of a daft question that I will ignore...????

"English exceptionalism", a comment from a Scot that clearly has a problem with the English, but expected from a Scottish Independence chap like yourself, you just cannot help yourself...

But still nice to hear from you.....????

Well you seem to be on a crusade telling everyone who is and who is not allowed an opinion.

You even told one English guy living in England that he should post his opinions elsewhere.

Now following your own logic please do not post on any thread regarding Scottish independence.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

On that point, no deal might suit Macron, hard to understand why he has shown no inclination to compromise here, domestic politics maybe. 

I think Macron is certainly trying to gain brownie points with hos electorate.  He is looking decidedly wobbly at the moment.

8 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

The EU should give Britain what it wants.....that IS THE COMprOMISE THAT IS NEEDED. They weren't demanding all this stuff with the Canadian agreement were they. Cut the apron strings Boris and tell the EU to get lost.

Please read the CEPA agreement, and it will be clear Boris the Liar is again swindling the British

https://ec.europa.eu/trade/policy/in-focus/ceta/

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Kadilo said:

He’s a English guy posting from Thailand on a thread about Brexit suggesting that an English guy currently  living in England should post elsewhere on the subject. 

I am sure he will have his reasons. 

It will possibly need one of the tag team to come along and bail him out. 

You seem to have not understood my post, but that's OK....:thumbsup:

13 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Well you seem to be on a crusade telling everyone who is and who is not allowed an opinion.

You even told one English guy living in England that he should post his opinions elsewhere.

Now following your own logic please do not post on any thread regarding Scottish independence.

Another that didn't understand my post, but that's OK....:thumbsup:

14 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

So just for clarity.

People on this forum are entitled to post their views and opinions regardless of where they currently reside. 

Yes or No?

Indeed yes, but if I were living in England and was heavily involved in an issue in England because it affected me and wanted to voice it, I would be blasting away on an English site trying to make a difference with other folk living there, not posting to folk in LOS, where we're basically having a bit of fun...????

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, transam said:

Indeed yes, but if I were living in England and was heavily involved in an issue in England because it affected me and wanted to voice it, I would be blasting away on an English site trying to make a difference with other folk living there, not posting to folk in LOS, where we're basically having a bit of fun...????

People can do both can they not?

• Like 1

I have to laugh when someone complain about the "democracy"in Thailand but still forget that they come from a country that is member of the modern USSR (EU) if you come from Australia, New Zealand,US and Canada etc etc which is democratic then go a head , but if you are from Germany, France, Sweden, Belgium then shut up, EU represent communism and tyranny. May the EU collapse as quick as the Soviet Union. We need freedom and democracy!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 3