cost of retirement extension in samui

1 hour ago, steve2112 said:

i have heard crazy numbers like 5000 and even 10,000 baht for a retirement extension in samui even though its 1900 everywhere else.

can anyone tell me the real story? thanks 

An extension properly applied for fullfilling the requirements (mainly financial/income) cost 1900.

It involves you and the immigration officer and no one else.

5000 to 10000 sounds like "agent supported" either for people who can not handle the bureaucracy or missing a requirement. 10000 can be considered cheap if e.g. financial req. are missed completely.

It's a grey/illegal business of course.

I may be corrected that Samui extorts huge sums for proper applications.

Maybe through harassment/nitpicking?

28 minutes ago, scammed said:

its when you hire an agent that the cost bumps up.

immigration and thai embassy made it an impasse

for me so i pay an agent 15k to get it done

Did it so many times already and never needed an agent. So why is your case so special? 

3 minutes ago, steve2112 said:

I should have said I have 800k in the bank for over 2 months and this will be my second extension, first was in phuket and I paid 1900. So since I should be easy and don't need an agent, then you think it will be 1900? 

Why should it be more? 

7 minutes ago, Oldie said:

Did it so many times already and never needed an agent. So why is your case so special? 

im not a likeable person i think,

i also feel awkward when i have to ask for something, maybe that makes me awkward also

Edited by scammed

4 hours ago, steve2112 said:

can anyone tell me the real story? thanks

We that live on Samui never hear about agents – some people even ask for help by an agent to clear a problematic extension, but nobody seems to be able to advise any – however some use their accountant, mainly for extension based on business/work permit, or their lawyer to help with paperwork; and of course that kind of service also costs some level of fee.

I've seen elder folks and couples in the immigration office little confused about the paperwork by the "long term"-counter – might be their first extension of stay – the but have always been kindly helped by the immigration officer, and eventually missing photo copies made for free. Even they say copies of passport pages from last entry stamp in the requirement, the immigration officer normally want copy of all pages.

The price for extension of stay is 1,900 baht in Samui Immigration, but not all seems to get a receipt. Personally I don't mind a receipt or 100 baht change, just I get the stamp in my passport from kind smiling immigration officers, which is how it has always worked for me – for the order of good safe I need to admit that I once in 13 years got a receipt – always excellent service, but I also have my paperwork in reasonable perfect order; some years something new comes up, but always helpfully cleared...:thumbsup:

If you at the same time apply for a multiple re-entry permission that costs 3,800 baht, you'll pay between 5,000 baht and 10,000 baht; i.e. 5,700 baht to be precise.

Extension of stay is easy at Samnui Immigration, if you have your paperwork in good order and ready – they ask for little more here, like a health certificate from a hospital – I don't know what happens if I fail my health test, so far I've been "healthy" – which add another 250 baht to the budget, some however end-up with close to 1,000 baht if they need the "big" health certificate for business, which includes drug-test.

Furthermore you need a bank letter and statement to show proof on income, like everywhere else, which also adds from 200 baht – depending of number of accounts used for proof – to the total expenses.

Summing up:

Retirement extension without re-entry: 1,900 baht fee + 250 baht health-check + 200 bak fees = 2,350 baht.

Retirement extension with multiple re-entry permission: 2,350 baht + 3,800 baht for re-entry = 6,150 baht.

????

For further information and updates of requirements, you can check the pinned thread...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, steve2112 said:

I should have said I have 800k in the bank for over 2 months and this will be my second extension, first was in phuket and I paid 1900. So since I should be easy and don't need an agent, then you think it will be 1900? 

Paperwork might be little different on Samui from Phuket, but fee for extension of stay (only) is the same, i.e. 1,900 baht

But you also need to pay 250 baht for health certificate – for example use Thai International Hospital opposite Tesco-Lotus in Bo Phut/Chaweng, just go there and say you need check-up for "retirement extension", takes about 15 minutes – and a fee to your bank for letter and 3-month statement of the account(s).

The present requirement for paperwork is here...

2019_Retirement-extension.jpg.1b9223f8637b62384d5d14a3a1a4ddc3.jpg

Just did my extension based on 800k baht deposit last week, smooth, no changes...????

• Like 2