The week that was in Thailand news: A Watershed Week That Was – Mid-October 2020

rooster59

I wonder how individual police feel about water cannons on citizens and quelling demonstrators ?  They of course must follow orders and keep any opinions to themselves. If things heat up and police are ordered to crack down heavily it will be interesting to see if any police refuse to attack fellow citizens or perhaps even join  the protesters. Even though unlikely the government will have lost to the protesters. They of course can call 'in the military which they will surely  do if things get out of hand. Lets hope some kind of accommodation to the protesters can be reached to avert any real trouble.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

“old hands”

“tin of Dinty Moore Beef Stew”

“niterie entertainment scene”

“newshounds”

“plucked from the ether”

“tip o' the hat”

“the tom-toms had it (and thus unconfirmed)”

“I’ll clue ya!”

“case of TIT (This Is Thailand)”

“comely lass”

“case of MANURE (huMAN natURE)”

[But I don’t] “give a hoot”

“getting out of Dodge”

“demimondaine”

“Hoodlums”

“a sterling job”

“mean-spirited folk”

“Any (further) comment would be superfluous”

I probably missed some, and perhaps even erroneously identified a few actual “Roosterisms” as being “Trinkisms”.

Of course the easiest way to win the challenge would’ve been to simply copy and paste the entire column, thus including all hidden “Trinkisms” automatically. But though I live in Thailand, I’m not a cheater.

The things people will do to win a tin if Dinty Moore Beef Stew.

RIP, Good Bernard Trink.

... "Trink the Trink, Nuf Said" ... as appearing in an Up, ... above the cistern in the Toilets of the Old Hare and Hound (I think ?) in Cowboy ... back in the 80's .... or was it by the mirror above the hand Basin ?  ...and they said that he was going around writing that him self !!! ??? .... ??? 

....  ...  But well, You made it Really Trink !!! .... Good for you. ... ....  ...  Yes "Trink the Trink, Nuf Said"

.... ... ... While you can.

My very many thanks Rooster59 for this, I love the humour and love the love for Thailand in spite-of and because-of all the things you have said here.  It is a blessed place, Thai people deserve so much better than this current junta government/dictatorship, and a number of others from the past, which has delivered to them.  Governmental power folks always seem to believe they are way smarter than the Thai people, and there is nothing more ridiculous, ever, to my mind.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mikeymike100 said:

Why is Thai Visa NOT ALLOWING COMMENTS on the protests in Bangkok????

Sad but true. You'll have to search the international media and Facebook for information on some of the most significant events in Thailand. 

8 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

“old hands”

“tin of Dinty Moore Beef Stew”

“niterie entertainment scene”

“newshounds”

“plucked from the ether”

“tip o' the hat”

“the tom-toms had it (and thus unconfirmed)”

“I’ll clue ya!”

“case of TIT (This Is Thailand)”

“comely lass”

“case of MANURE (huMAN natURE)”

[But I don’t] “give a hoot”

“getting out of Dodge”

“demimondaine”

“Hoodlums”

“a sterling job”

“mean-spirited folk”

“Any (further) comment would be superfluous”

I probably missed some, and perhaps even erroneously identified a few actual “Roosterisms” as being “Trinkisms”.

Of course the easiest way to win the challenge would’ve been to simply copy and paste the entire column, thus including all hidden “Trinkisms” automatically. But though I live in Thailand, I’m not a cheater.

Mw,

Good crack but Rats! I thunk you missed  elephant and fridge magnet.

R

I too am surprised  but also proud with what recent days sprung forth, some people not sugar and won't melt in the rain. My GF dissappoints because she thinks she isn't blinded at all with her cherrised monocle and so brainwashed she wouldn't even send back  her well made but broken  cookoo clock. 

Edited by Elkski
Cookoo
  • Haha 1