The week that was in Thailand news: A Watershed Week That Was – Mid-October 2020

rooster59

12 hours ago, Partenavia said:

If you are outside Thailand, as I am, we are now in the strange position of being able to access far more news, which is not subject to censorship, and actually have a better grasp of what is happening.

At some stage it was inevitable that eventually the citizens of Thailand would open their eyes and start to comprehend their situation.

Good summoning up Rooster, made under difficult circumstances.

I have found that the case always. I usually know more about Thai news than my wife from International news and T.V posts. The people are usually just told what is good for them

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RocketDog said:

Truth.

After reflection I decided TVF is wise to disallow comments. 

I strongly suspect some folks, myself included, may have gotten themselves cross-wise with the authorities. They would not help themselves or our mutual cause in the Kingdom. It could well boomerang on all of us.

In the end this is a battle that the Thai people must fight for themselves. Foreigners becoming involved in domestic affairs can actually be used by the establishment to discredit such a campaign. 

Those of us from America have our own despot to despoil anyway; possibly a more egregious example of malfeasance and enemy of freedom than Chacha. 

Don't worry Biden's corruption and lies will find him out.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Dear ThaiVisa News, Please don't write stories if we cannot comment on them, this is not

true Journalism.

"Soldiers, never interrupt an enemy who is about to make a mistake"     Napoleon

• Like 2

Teacher beheaded in France.  Man in London removes a Cross from the roof of a church.  From an early age, I distinctly remember coming to the conclusion that most of the World's troubles were caused by religion or politics.  It hasn't changed much. 

• Like 2

On 10/18/2020 at 11:42 AM, johnmcc6 said:

I wonder how individual police feel about water cannons on citizens and quelling demonstrators ?  They of course must follow orders and keep any opinions to themselves. If things heat up and police are ordered to crack down heavily it will be interesting to see if any police refuse to attack fellow citizens or perhaps even join  the protesters. Even though unlikely the government will have lost to the protesters. They of course can call 'in the military which they will surely  do if things get out of hand. Lets hope some kind of accommodation to the protesters can be reached to avert any real trouble.

If they order in the military hopefully the younger conscripts will question it 

7 hours ago, RocketDog said:

Maybe so. I know what we have now, and would take a chance on Mickey Mouse at this point.

Nobody could be worse than Trump.

I'm not the the least bit worried but thanks for your concern.

There's a lot worse than Trump like just about every Democrat politician 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Moo 2 said:

Dear ThaiVisa News, Please don't write stories if we cannot comment on them, this is not

true Journalism.

"Soldiers, never interrupt an enemy who is about to make a mistake"     Napoleon

It's called censorship ????

On 10/18/2020 at 2:54 PM, Almer said:

The things people will do to win a tin if Dinty Moore Beef Stew.

I'd like to know where to buy it my only choice of stores is Tesco lotas big c macro and if I want to drive an hour tops