I am trying to get insurance for a Non Immigrant O-A visa that covers covid and the outpatient requirement. I have only found April health that does not have a wait period .However it is very expensive at 76 000 baht for age 53. 

Edited by mlkik
  • Confused 1
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SafetyWing < https://safetywing.com/nomad-insurance > provides on-the-fly travel-insurance which includes covid-19 as part of their 250.000 US$ accident/illness coverage.  At age 53 you would pa

The cheap throw-away LMG Insurance Plan-1 policy is NOT to be confused with a regular health-insurance policy to cover you in case of catastrophic accident/illness. The ONLY reason for subscribin

When you get accepted they will send you a form on which you can specify Visa or MasterCard number to debit for payment

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Pacific cross offers a policy that meets both requirements for 53k baht and you can reduce that by 50% with a 300k baht deductible.

See: https://www.pacificcrosshealth.com/en/visa-friendly/

Unfortunately Pacific Cross have a 15 day wait period for covid and they have told me I would not be covered if I tested positive in quarantene as the wait period begins on entry to Thailand.

April Health do not have a wait period.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

You should give a try to LMG insurance

usualy they are the cheapest 

Even if you are not in Thailand yet

i think you can use AA insurance brokers

they perfectly know the OA requirments

April Health is run by LMG.

4 minutes ago, mlkik said:

Unfortunately Pacific Cross have a 15 day wait period for covid and they have told me I would not be covered if I tested positive in quarantene as the wait period begins on entry to Thailand.

April Health do not have a wait period.

You also have the option to buy insurance that meets the OA insurance requirement and a separate policy for covid 19 insurance.

TGIA officers a police for corvid 19. See: https://covid19.tgia.org/

• Like 1
22 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You also have the option to buy insurance that meets the OA insurance requirement and a separate policy for covid 19 insurance.

TGIA officers a police for corvid 19. See: https://covid19.tgia.org/

To apply for this there is a drop down box and as someone applying for a Non Immigrant O-A visa I am not sure which box to select .

23 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

You should give a try to LMG insurance

usualy they are the cheapest 

Even if you are not in Thailand yet

i think you can use AA insurance brokers

they perfectly know the OA requirments

I see that I can get insurance for 6000 baht for the year but would also need covid insurance for a COE.

22 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

SafetyWing < https://safetywing.com/nomad-insurance > provides on-the-fly travel-insurance which includes covid-19 as part of their 250.000 US$ accident/illness coverage.  At age 53 you would pay approx 103 US $ per 4-week period and the policy can be cancelled anytime.

Combined with the cheap 'throw-away' non Imm O-A compliant LMG Insurance Plan-1 policy (6.000 THB in your age-category, with no medical required), it would be difficult to find a better deal to return to Thailand on a Non Imm O-A Visa when you are not already covered by your existing foreign/international insurance.

SafetyWing < https://safetywing.com/nomad-insurance > provides on-the-fly travel-insurance which includes covid-19 as part of their 250.000 US$ accident/illness coverage.  At age 53 you would pay approx 103 US $ per 4-week period and the policy can be cancelled anytime.

Combined with the cheap 'throw-away' non Imm O-A compliant LMG Insurance Plan-1 policy (6.000 THB in your age-category, with no medical required), it would be difficult to find a better deal to return to Thailand on a Non Imm O-A Visa when you are not already covered by your existing foreign/international insurance.

I am just concened that the Embassy would not accept this as it is monthly and not annual.

9 minutes ago, mlkik said:

I am just concened that the Embassy would not accept this as it is monthly and not annual.

I don't think the way the insurance is paid for matter, as long as it's valid and fulfills the requirements. That's my personal view. 

7 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

I don't think the way the insurance is paid for matter, as long as it's valid and fulfills the requirements. That's my personal view. 

The policy seems a monthly policy and not a yearly policy.So in essence you would only be insured for 1 month as opposed to the whole year that the visa application requires.

I am not sure and do not want to make a mistake.

26 minutes ago, mlkik said:

To apply for this there is a drop down box and as someone applying for a Non Immigrant O-A visa I am not sure which box to select .

They apparently have not updated their list yet.

I think i would use this one. image.png.f94f860a36191716ff7f40fa1318dbd9.png

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, mlkik said:

I am just concerned that the Embassy would not accept this as it is monthly and not annual.

> You could contact them and ask whether they can provide a certificate or insurance policy for a defined period of time.  On their website you can indicate the requested period so normally should be possible.  The fact that you only need to pay 4-weekly would be an advantage as it would allow you to stop paying (and thus cancel the policy) once you are in Thailand.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

They apparently have not updated their list yet.

I think i would use this one. image.png.f94f860a36191716ff7f40fa1318dbd9.png

That it the one that I used to get my Certificate of Entry from the London Embassy.

• Like 1