Jump to content

Flight Schedules UK to Bangkok


Recommended Posts

I've been looking at flights to Bangkok from the UK. It seems that nearly all flights before 1st January are not scheduled. For example, KLM London to Bangkok has no flights scheduled this year but has them scheduled every day in Jan, Feb, March next year. Other airlines are similar. Thai Airways have 1 a week in December but everyday from 1st. January.

 

Is there some sort of opening up of the airways from 1st. January?

Link to post
Share on other sites

So far , no .

They are there , because that was/is the flight schedule , and they aren't cancelled yet , until further notice . In 4 to 6 weeks , if there isnt a green light ,which i wouldn't count on , they will be cancelled .

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Several airlines have flights from London to BKK every week. Thai Airways are just doing repatriation flights, the others fly people from different categories allowed to apply for a CoE. I think there's a list of airlines at the Thai Embassy website. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys. Yes Thai Airways are doing repatriation flights and there is a list of airlines on the Thai Embassy website - KLM is one of them as is Etihad. The schedules look weird especially for KLM but I guess it's because we live in weird times!

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, durhamboy said:

Thanks guys. Yes Thai Airways are doing repatriation flights and there is a list of airlines on the Thai Embassy website - KLM is one of them as is Etihad. The schedules look weird especially for KLM but I guess it's because we live in weird times!

My advice is Qatar Airways via Doha if they are on the recent list. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

One solution is not to try to fly directly to Bangkok from the UK or wait for a seat.  Fly to Addid Ababa, the capital of Ethiopia. Do quarantine there, get your paperwork in order there via the Thai Consulate. Book a seat on the regularly scheduled flights that are consistently flying to Bangkok from Ethiopia on Ethiopian Airlines. Not easy, but better than waiting and waiting in the UK if you need or want to return here sooner rather than later. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Biffski said:

One solution is not to try to fly directly to Bangkok from the UK or wait for a seat.  Fly to Addid Ababa, the capital of Ethiopia. Do quarantine there, get your paperwork in order there via the Thai Consulate. Book a seat on the regularly scheduled flights that are consistently flying to Bangkok from Ethiopia on Ethiopian Airlines. Not easy, but better than waiting and waiting in the UK if you need or want to return here sooner rather than later. 

There is no need, although I agree that route was recently one of the few ways to get there.  Through the Middle East seems popular and quite well proven.

 

It also has the advantage of regional departures thus avoiding London..

Edited by treetops
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Biffski said:

One solution is not to try to fly directly to Bangkok from the UK or wait for a seat.  Fly to Addid Ababa, the capital of Ethiopia. Do quarantine there, get your paperwork in order there via the Thai Consulate. Book a seat on the regularly scheduled flights that are consistently flying to Bangkok from Ethiopia on Ethiopian Airlines. Not easy, but better than waiting and waiting in the UK if you need or want to return here sooner rather than later. 

Have you ever been to either AA airport ( a complete zoo ) or outside the airport there?

 

Craziest suggestion i've seen so far!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Have you ever been to either AA airport ( a complete zoo ) or outside the airport there?

 

Craziest suggestion i've seen so far!

As long as the stranded resident can exit  and the flight doesn't go down it actually makes sense. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Many airlines flying now from the UK. The list of approved airlines are 

- Thai

- EVA Air

- Emirates

- Etihad

- Qatar Airways

- Singapore Airlines

- Lufthansa

- Austrian Airlines

- Swiss Air

- KLM

- Air France

- Cathay Pacific

Not all are currently flying from the UK and some are not operating a full schedule. If you want a guaranteed flight then Qatar on QR008/QR836 is 100% flying.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks everyone. Think I'll give Ethiopia a miss!

 

A bit off topic but my Thai wife was told that in order for her to get free state quarantine she has to arrive on Thai Airways. If she goes on any other airlines she has to pay for quarantine. Anyone heard anything about this? Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...