Thai Tourism and Sports Ministry expects 400 foreign visitors in early November

webfact

7 hours ago, baansgr said:

It's been so quite without tourism, not looking forward to all the traffic and queues these 400 are going to make

With all do respect , It amazes me how fellow expats have distain for tourists in a country you choose to live that has ALWAYS had tourists. Might i suggest some island in the South Pacific or rice field in esaan 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

"tourists understand that Thailand does not tolerate violence."  555 Will this be the joke of the week!

I laughed so hard when I read that sentence, I almost fell out of my chair. Since when do Thais not tolerate violence??? What a joke.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kaopad999 said:

Actually i don't think so, if you look at countries that went into full lock down and closed their borders, and even in China's case, closed their cities off completely, then you'll see their Covid cases are very low.

Very low covid in countries on full lockdown. Easy to do in communist China and other military run countries that insists the harsh rules .  Double edge sword (except for super power China) that the economy falters and citizens starve

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Minister of Tourism and Sports expects that there will be approximately 400 foreign visitors in early November and expressed his belief that the Bangkok protest situation will not affect their confidence.

Expect and what you get are totally different .

8 hours ago, webfact said:

The Minister of Tourism and Sports expects that there will be approximately 400 foreign visitors in early November and expressed his belief that the Bangkok protest situation will not affect their confidence.

Tourism Is Saved!!!
<cue the music!>
Happy days are here again
The skies above are clear again
So let's sing a song of cheer again
Happy days are here again.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bkktodd said:

Very low covid in countries on full lockdown. Easy to do in communist China and other military run countries that insists the harsh rules .  Double edge sword (except for super power China) that the economy falters and citizens starve

I'm certainly no supporter of this government, very much on the side of the protesters. However, I do believe that they got things right with the covid situation.

Edited by Kaopad999
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, fak119 said:

What about the (stranded) retirees who do contribute much more for the

Thai economy that any of the Chinese “tourists”?

The money,we stranded retirees keep in thai banks, is doing just  fine. No need for us to spend anymore money than a bus load of valued tourists at a seafood buffet

7 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

I'm certainly no supporter of this government, very much on the side of the protesters. However, I do believe that one thing they have got right was to lock down the country and keep their borders closed. 

True but no country can keep their borders closed forever.  For many (more than thai officials will admit) the money generated from tourists is enormous.  Trickle down economics is largely ignored.  Thais directly affected by tourism or lack of  now have less disposable income to buy goods and services from those so called thais surveyed that didnt care about tourists.   

Edited by Bkktodd
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Bkktodd said:

True but no country can keep their borders closed forever.  For many (more than thai officials will admit) the money generated from tourists is enormous.  Trickle down economics is largely ignored.  Thais directly affected by tourism or lack of  now have less disposable income to buy goods and services from those so called thais surveyed that didnt care about tourists.   

So they trickle down from Chinese, and again you're not content. 

46 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

I'm certainly no supporter of this government, very much on the side of the protesters. However, I do believe that they got things right with the covid situation.

Dreaming all fake numbers just like the elections bla bla. Got nothing  right

57 minutes ago, Bkktodd said:

Well, I don't see them opening their borders until;

1- Covid numbers are under control in the west 

2- there is a vaccine. 

But time will tell I guess.. 

1 hour ago, Bkktodd said:

With all do respect , It amazes me how fellow expats have distain for tourists in a country you choose to live that has ALWAYS had tourists. Might i suggest some island in the South Pacific or rice field in esaan 

Look up sarcasm in the dictionary....... 

• Like 1