Thai Tourism and Sports Ministry expects 400 foreign visitors in early November

webfact

10 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

Crikey. 400 tourists. Praise Budha! Thailand is saved!

I hope they know that this quarantine 14 days is BS it really is 16/17 days

they say when you arrive zero day and you can only get tested every seven days which is a load of rubbish so I hope you got a few extra holidays up your sleeve

1 hour ago, flyfrog said:

400 foreign tourists? Chinese yes. They have place enough for all to do quarantine?? 

Thats a very good point. If current returnees are struggling to find ASQ bookings what happens when 400 rooms disappear or numbers start to got to 1200 or beyond? I wonder if there will be a different set of ASQ hotels for the tourists? And as you can't mix ASQ and non-ASQ in same building are more hotels going to ASQ only.

9 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

"tourists understand that Thailand does not tolerate violence."  555 Will this be the joke of the week!

Beat me to that one John - I presume water cannon against peaceful demonstrators does not count?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Blumpie said:

Absolutely astounding number!!!

Congratulations, Thailand on your accomplishment.  You should be very very VERY proud of yourselves.  

By the way, they will be quarantined for 2 weeks minimum.

FOUR HUNDRED!  MY GOD!!!!

Well that is 400 more than Western Australia gets we get none because our borders are closed

32 minutes ago, paulikens said:

funny how there is still no official word on what countries are actually allowed in.  is this just a PR stunt????

You can apply for the STV at the Thai Embassy in Finland.

> https://helsinki.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/special-tourist-visa-stv?page=5f49f4a199a85e260f4278de&menu=5f49f4aa4159c71218325a8e

But what is quite strange is that the requirements do NOT stipulate that you need to have Finnish nationality or passport to apply.  The website even refers to a 'police clearance' from your country of permanent residence, so this implies that citizens of other countries than the Low-Risk ones might apply there for the STV.

So that might be a 'back-door option' for those under 50 years of age and not married to a Thai national, to enter Thailand using the STV...

EDIT > Did check on the website of the Thai Embassy in Denmark where you can also apply for the STV and there it states that:

1. Please Note that, only non-Thais from countries included in the list of COVID-19 low-risk countries are eligible to apply for the Tourist Visa (TR) and Special Tourist Visa (STV). As of 16 October 2020, Denmark is included in the list. However, Lithuania is not included.
  2. The list of eligible countries for TR and STV will be updated on 1st and 15th of each month.***********

So most probably STV only available for passport holders of low-risk countries as mentioned on the current list of eligible countries (note that also Sweden and Norway are on that list, so effectively covering whole of Scandinavia).

Edited by Peter Denis
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

You can apply for the STV at the Thai Embassy in Finland.

> https://helsinki.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/special-tourist-visa-stv?page=5f49f4a199a85e260f4278de&menu=5f49f4aa4159c71218325a8e

But what is quite strange is that the requirements do NOT stipulate that you need to have Finnish nationality or passport to apply.  The website even refers to a 'police clearance' from your country of permanent residence, so this implies that citizens of other countries than the Low-Risk ones might apply there for the STV.

So that might be a 'back-door option' for those under 50 years of age and not married to a Thai national, to enter Thailand using the STV...

EDIT > Did check on the website of the Thai Embassy in Denmark where you can also apply for the STV and there it states that:

1. Please Note that, only non-Thais from countries included in the list of COVID-19 low-risk countries are eligible to apply for the Tourist Visa (TR) and Special Tourist Visa (STV). As of 16 October 2020, Denmark is included in the list. However, Lithuania is not included.
  2. The list of eligible countries for TR and STV will be updated on 1st and 15th of each month.***********

So most probably STV only available for passport holders of low-risk countries as mentioned on the current list of eligible countries (note that also Sweden and Norway are on that list, so effectively covering whole of Scandinavia).

Stv is listed as an option on the thai embassy in Australia, there is a little caveat as follows.....

2.1 STV is valid for a single entry into Thailand for a long-term stay for tourism purpose only.

2.2 Applications for STV can be submitted by those residing in the country with a low-rate of confirmed COVID-19 cases as determined fortnightly and officially by Announcement of the Ministry of Public Health of Thailand. However, the Royal Thai Embassy in Canberra and the Royal Thai Consulate-General in Sydney reserve the right to put all applications on hold as deemed necessary until further notice.

That last bit indicates what?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Polaky said:

Stv is listed as an option on the thai embassy in Australia, there is a little caveat as follows.....

2.1 STV is valid for a single entry into Thailand for a long-term stay for tourism purpose only.

2.2 Applications for STV can be submitted by those residing in the country with a low-rate of confirmed COVID-19 cases as determined fortnightly and officially by Announcement of the Ministry of Public Health of Thailand. However, the Royal Thai Embassy in Canberra and the Royal Thai Consulate-General in Sydney reserve the right to put all applications on hold as deemed necessary until further notice.

That last bit indicates what?

The list of eligible countries for TR and STV will be updated on 1st and 15th of each month according to the website of the thai Embassy in Denmark.

But as the application handling process can take quite some time, it is possible that the country from where you apply is taken of the (virtual) list and then all your efforts to apply have been in vain.  At least, that's how I read and understand it... 

• Like 1

They must all be well heeled.  A fortnight in solitary and after that, a chance of restricted parole. - great!   I believer an entrepreneurial English chappy by the name of Butlin had go at that niche of the market many years ago.  Seemed like a good idea at the time.?

16 hours ago, baansgr said:

It's been so quite without tourism, not looking forward to all the traffic and queues these 400 are going to make

Too be quite honest with you , that's the way , i like it ..

Edited by elliss
spelling

14 hours ago, Blumpie said:

Absolutely astounding number!!!

Congratulations, Thailand on your accomplishment.  You should be very very VERY proud of yourselves.  

By the way, they will be quarantined for 2 weeks minimum.

FOUR HUNDRED!  MY GOD!!!!

Wow so they can fill up  1---2 hotels

3 hours ago, metisdead said:

A post Referring to Thailand or the government as a dictatorship, military dictatorship or other such terms will be removed.

Some off topic posts and replies about Australia have been removed.

Some troll posts and the replies have been removed. 

Pointing out the truth as above is not encouraged and yet the daily rubbish fantasy statements from the greedy idiots are published religiously even though their is a ban from the same guys on spreading false statements on the internet.

• Like 1

Protesters are citizens of  Thailand, and this Military ruled so called democratic

government is treating them like they are invaders of another country. Then this military

governments has the gaul to say they will not tolerate violence. They are the violent group here.

What a farce of a government. I do hope that Thailand does get a truly democratic

government, that has no fear of a military coup. Maybe someday when my great grande son is my age.    Wow 400 tourists coming, will Thailand be able to handle them

all. Will they have enough hotels open to accommodate them.

Geezer

Edited by Stargrazer9889
error oops
  • Like 2