Thai Tourism and Sports Ministry expects 400 foreign visitors in early November

webfact

400 Tourists.  Not all at once, please.  Hardly enough to form a decent line at the Immigration desks.

400 is probably the likely total, worldwide, that would be willing to endure Thai Quarantine rules at the start of their holiday.

We should be grateful that Thailand has such perceptive leaders to guide it out of the depression.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, phetchy said:

They must all be well heeled.  A fortnight in solitary and after that, a chance of restricted parole. - great!   I believer an entrepreneurial English chappy by the name of Butlin had go at that niche of the market many years ago.  Seemed like a good idea at the time.?

billy butlin was his name......

12 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Protesters are citizens of  Thailand, and this Military ruled so called democratic

government is treating them like they are invaders of another country. Then this military

governments has the gaul to say they will not tolerate violence. They are the violent group here.

What a farce of a government. I do hope that Thailand does get a truly democratic

government, that has no fear of a military coup. Maybe someday when my great grande son is my age.    Wow 400 tourists coming, will Thailand be able to handle them

all. Will they have enough hotels open to accommodate them.

Geezer

Perhaps they should invite Trump to run it over here. LOL

On 10/18/2020 at 10:24 PM, spidermike007 said:

Pipat is completely lost, and he has always been in over his head, well before Covid. He should have stuck with running the PTT stations. His $155 million fortune insures he is completely out of touch with the needs of the people. Appointed Prayuth style. With no credentials other than money and influence. 

No program will work, which requires quarantine. Period. End of story. 

Leaders lead. Cowards and men completely devoid of vision and solutions, cower in the corners, and come up with nothing. 

It is just a matter of time now. Finally, the people are speaking in a loud and clear voice. Kudos to them. Kudos to the youth! 

With more than 30 years in the tourism business - completely agree that programs with quarantine will not work.  Sure there may be a few people who desperately need to go to Thailand for 3 months or longer, but not enough to make a difference.

Interesting to see how the young people may shape the future of the country and how the regime will react ultimately...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Robin said:

400 Tourists.  Not all at once, please.  Hardly enough to form a decent line at the Immigration desks.

400 is probably the likely total, worldwide, that would be willing to endure Thai Quarantine rules at the start of their holiday.

We should be grateful that Thailand has such perceptive leaders to guide it out of the depression.

one question is "are they paying for the quarrantine period" or get it for free....who knows EH !!!!

I seem to recall that one of the first categories of foreigners to be allowed into the country was sports teams.  How they thought that might boost the coffers is beyond me.  No spectators and tucked up in bed before the nearest bar is even open!  Can't see what the strategy behind that works?  

22 hours ago, phetchy said:

I seem to recall that one of the first categories of foreigners to be allowed into the country was sports teams.  How they thought that might boost the coffers is beyond me.  No spectators and tucked up in bed before the nearest bar is even open!  Can't see what the strategy behind that works?  

Ever attended any of the Thai Muang boxing contests on Pattaya's Sukhumvit stadium at weekends? 

Thai boxing is Thai sports. I guess many "Chinese" come to watch on weekends. Where most of the folks you call "Chinese" come from Bangkok's Chinatown anyway.