Thailand Seeks Travel Bubble Pact With China to Spur Tourism

webfact

8 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

One again you missed the point.  Look outside of the rectangular box and at what is really occurring here.  It has nothing to do with just a travel bubble with one country, even if the only country is China.  Think about the fact that Myanmar borders both China and Thailand.  Just a view on my part.

Many more stories like this one if you would like to view them

https://thediplomat.com/2020/09/china-border-city-goes-into-wartime-mode-to-combat-covid-19/

I didn't miss anything...pointed out the obvious, which you missed. Yes, Myanmar borders China...again the proposal is to open tourism from China not Myanmar.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Thailand said:

The worry about such a bubble should be in Chin's court with people leaving Thailand and testing positive on arrival  in other countries. 

Same old story, don't test and you will record no infections. The only tests seem to be on those arriving from overseas in quarantine.

It seems it would be a way to validate Thailand's claims or no/low virus levels...if returning Chinese tourists were testing + for the virus. However, if the Thai claims were untrue, I'd doubt they would propose the bubble for exactly this reason and I'm sure the Chinese would independently validate such claims before entering into any such bubble.

I heard on the new yesterday that China is now vaccinating it’s people with their corona virus vaccine. However the vaccine hadn’t completed its clinical trials. Why wait ??? It’s just a little <deleted>  Pric k 

Edited by pokerface1
Etror

1 minute ago, pokerface1 said:

I heard on the new yesterday that China is now vaccinating it’s people with their corona virus vaccine. However the vaccine hadn’t completed its clinical trials. Why wait ??? It’s just a little <deleted>  

They will turn into zombies ????????

4 minutes ago, steven100 said:

well if they test and have no virus as well as the mobile tracking then what's the problem ?

That only covers the ones coming in legitimately, the ones without finances use the leaky border routes.

7 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Never said there was a travel bubble with Myanmar, now did I.  All i did was draw the connection with Covid cases and that was all I stated.  China is not Covid free, and neither is Thailand.  Are they possibly on the low end of virus cases, possibly, but so are many others.  Thailand is being short sighted in my opinion. 

So why did you mention it...you seemed to imply that infected Myanmarese would be allowed to enter Thailand. Maybe my reading of your posts was incorrect and if so I stand corrected. As with any viral disease, is there a single infected person anywhere in China...probably yes (and maybe a few) but if that's the standard for restarting tourism it's an unrealistic one.

1 hour ago, madmen said:

Yeah right if some random internet stranger says it's true them it must be.. And you got 5 likes for that, TV amaaaazing! 

JefR2 post #14...you could say the same about that post as well.  I wasn't going to reply to #14 as I prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt.  Maybe the friend's wife works in a province that has not had a Wuhan China virus problem...how the he11 do I know!  What I do know is a lot more about serpentza...which leads me to believe he is telling the truth even if occasionally he may unintentionally be off the mark...but we are after-all only human.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mama Noodle said:

Good god thailand is like an infatuated teenager when it comes to China. 

They are literally at the core of every economic thought they have. 

With a market of 1.5B consumers, 300+M of them middle class, China is at the core of most countries economic thoughts. 

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, TERMINATOR3AB said:

Well it had to happen  I knew  China  would be open to   Thailand  before any other country  ( with no restrictions  ??????)

But  January is a way off yet   

Wait  see  if the  first  lot of Chinese  bring the  virus back

Then  see if  by Jan  China  dont have another  wave of virus

So many things   these dreamers   cannot  see  

Why  will no other  country  let Chinese  in  ? 

Also with Chinese  here  again  not  many  other  tourist will  want to come anyway 

Why  not  just  give Thailand  to China....... China  owns  most of Thailand  anyway ... become  a provence  then all the Generals  will be safe  from  demonstrating  populations  

Cos  China  will use water  canons   they  use real  guns  

Good Luck  Thailand 

Wow, so many negatives. 

56 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

I think the government needs to get tourism off the brain for now. They need to get Thai's and foreigners with families back to Thailand first before looking at bubbles and remember bubbles will burst from lying countries.

So what do the locals struggling to provide food for their kids do while they wait for your priorities?

4 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

"Thailand is in talks with China to establish a quarantine-free travel corridor by January to rescue its ailing tourism industry"  

This maybe a risky move!  I have been following a Vlogger called serpentza on Youtube for a few years who lived in China for 13 years and has a lot of contacts there and he is saying the Wuhan China virus is still a huge problem in China.  The CCP are not telling the truth about it!

Where in the article does it say that chinese people from Wuhan will be able to come? China is a huge country and there are regions without local cases for months, and we're talking about January or later. Take a chill pill and relax.