Thailand Seeks Travel Bubble Pact With China to Spur Tourism

webfact

3 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

Maybe I didn't Make myself clear.  Will the test provide a 100% accuracy in determining whether the people being tested are Positive or Negative in regard to the Wuhan China virus so those carrying the virus can be isolated.

Grumpy grumpy John, no ... you made it quite clear however I couldn't give you an accurate answer so I tried to give the next best thing. I always want to give you the correct answer but failed this time.  

3 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

The Chinese need a break from their labours...have money to spend...a Thai holiday may be just the ticket  ???? (or millions).

With Covid-19 Under Control, China’s Economy Surges Ahead https://nyti.ms/2T8bkMG

They have money to spend, but their government wants the spending to be done in China.

12 minutes ago, gearbox said:

They have money to spend, but their government wants the spending to be done in China.

With hundreds of millions of Chinese taking trips per year, I'm sure Thailand wouldn't mind a few million "leaking" out to Thailand. 

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Those in charge have lost their tiny minds !

What country on the planet would think it was a good idea to start a travel bubble with the country where this all started ? Oh yeah Thailand would due to their infatuation with money ! Although one wonders what the Thai government will do if this 400 do turn up and they basically spend nothing during their time there .

China should be the last country allowed to visit any other on the list of countries in the world. Might make them take better care with their lab experiments next time ! 

• Like 2

There are already Chinese tourists here.  I was at Central Festival Phuket TODAY and saw a group of Chinese tourists with their suitcases with luggage tags rolling them around the shopping mall.  Just like early 2020 and before.   Where are they coming from?  And where are they staying?  And why aren't they quarantined?

Also so some Chinese tourist family yesterday at smaller shopping center.  tourist, not expats.

• Confused 2

29 minutes ago, LivingNThailand said:

saw a group of Chinese tourists with their suitcases with luggage tags rolling them around the shopping mall

Why on earth would they wheel suitcases around a shopping mall ?

Maybe they have no hotel to stay at just "camp out" in the mall moved on constantly by security ???

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ianezy0 said:

Why, too few tourist numbers from both Countries.

More Chinese tourist used to visit Thailand than the total population of both OZ and NZ......chicken feed ???? 

The article also contained the following quote:

'But a pact with China may open the door for similar travel agreements with countries such as Japan, South Korea, Singapore and Taiwan,' Phiphat said.

I was suggesting Australia and New Zealand could be added to the list of bubble countries suggested by Phipat. They were originally part of a bubble suggested by Thailand several months ago. There are not many countries with numbers as low as Australia or New Zealand and I would not imagine their tourist numbers are that much lower than the other countries named. Surely Thailand would want to receive tourists from as many countries as possible.

I hate to say it but China does not want their citizens doing any mass tourism.  

Thailand, do you know it takes two to tango?  

Shutting down the #2 economy on earth is not in the cards.  Your little government has no idea what it's doing at the best of times, let alone now.  All mass tourism in China is massively curtailed and strictly forbidden overseas.  That's MASS tourism people.  

It's golden week in China and they are excited about doing domestic tourism now.  

Pardon me for barging in here:  let the anti-china blabbering continue unabated.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Of course when you have a billion+ people living in your country you can be a very large economy unto your own.  They do not need the rest of the world except they want to expand and grow there empire.  Tell me I am wrong.

Yes, certainly on a per capital basis they still have quite a ways to go...but just think where they were 20, or even 10, years ago and where they will be in 10 or 20 more.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, johng said:

With huge population can come large economy (johnfucius 2020)

And sheer size is what counts...already China is the BIGGEST market for major "Western" companies like GM, Daimler-Benz, and Apple. Mercedes-Benz annually sells two and a half times more cars in China than Germany (and more than all of Europe combined).

Edited by Pattaya Spotter

Please, stop to make yourself more in trouble with this stupid comedy.

Just open for everybody, there is no much problem with COVID than a season flue from month already. Everybody understand what this propaganda of fear is about and why.

Close to everybody right now clearly understand your big business story, it serve nothing to lie more...

2 hours ago, LivingNThailand said:

You don’t live in phuket.  The Chinese tourists arrive early like 2am.  and have  to go to  the shopping malls to kill time before they can check in   Lots of Chinese  walking in the malls with their luggage until 3pm. With luggage tags on.  Right from airport   I saw them today. 

wow the shopping malls in Phuket are open H24 ?

Even in Pattaya or Bangkok and even before covid

it was impossible to find one of them open before 10 am

in the morning

• Like 1

I have a few years left on my 10-year China visa. 

So what are the provisions for people coming from Thailand to China for this new, quarantine-free travel? What does the the Chinese said have in store for travelers hitting their shores? 

Answer? The whole thing is total, 100 percent speculation, probably started by some professor with no understanding of much of anything. 

And China is a "risk-free" nation? Is that supposed to be taken seriously? Is there a fan dance next? 

6 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

wow the shopping malls in Phuket are open H24 ?

Even in Pattaya or Bangkok and even before covid

it was impossible to find one of them open before 10 am

in the morning

Central Floresta Food Hall opens at 9:00am.  I didn't mean that the Chinese went to the shopping mall at 2:00am.  Back in the old days it took hours to get through immigration at 2:00am because there were so many Chinese coming in at that time. 1,000s of them each morning. They'd work their way to the shopping malls, either Central or Jungceylon, and wander about for hours with their luggage.  I just saw a group doing exactly that yesterday.  Why are they here and why aren't they in quarantine???  I thought the first group of Chinese to Phuket were coming October 26 and then they would be in quarantine for 14 days.  So they shouldn't be wandering around the shopping center with their luggage yesterday.  And I've seen smaller groups of Chinese tourists in Phuket in smaller shopping malls over the weekend. That was my original point, but I didn't link the comment so my 2nd response was disjointed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Trujillo said:

I have a few years left on my 10-year China visa. 

So what are the provisions for people coming from Thailand to China for this new, quarantine-free travel? What does the the Chinese said have in store for travelers hitting their shores? 

Answer? The whole thing is total, 100 percent speculation, probably started by some professor with no understanding of much of anything. 

And China is a "risk-free" nation? Is that supposed to be taken seriously? Is there a fan dance next? 

China is currently closed to tourists.

1 hour ago, LivingNThailand said:

Central Floresta Food Hall opens at 9:00am.  I didn't mean that the Chinese went to the shopping mall at 2:00am.  Back in the old days it took hours to get through immigration at 2:00am because there were so many Chinese coming in at that time. 1,000s of them each morning. They'd work their way to the shopping malls, either Central or Jungceylon, and wander about for hours with their luggage.  I just saw a group doing exactly that yesterday.  Why are they here and why aren't they in quarantine???  I thought the first group of Chinese to Phuket were coming October 26 and then they would be in quarantine for 14 days.  So they shouldn't be wandering around the shopping center with their luggage yesterday.  And I've seen smaller groups of Chinese tourists in Phuket in smaller shopping malls over the weekend. That was my original point, but I didn't link the comment so my 2nd response was disjointed.

Next time you see them, stop and ask where they have come from.  Many Chinese here in Bangkok now from Chiang Mai for the vegetarian festival here in Chinatown.  Have not met one yet who has not been here since at least February.  Think you may be thinking too much and believing there is a conspiracy already.

• Like 1