Thailand Seeks Travel Bubble Pact With China to Spur Tourism

webfact

9 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

"China is currently closed to tourists."

I'm aware of that, but the article is about how the "bubble" will open soon and how it works. The article talks about two-way tourism. 

Sorry!  Yes, it will be interesting to see how this works.  Quarantine or not?  Included in the travel package or not?  Insurance or not?  Lots of unanswered questions.

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Next time you see them, stop and ask where they have come from.  Many Chinese here in Bangkok now from Chiang Mai for the vegetarian festival here in Chinatown.  Have not met one yet who has not been here since at least February.  Think you may be thinking too much and believing there is a conspiracy already.

I could do that I suppose, except it may seem rude.   But, hey.  There are several expat Chinese families in our neighborhood.  They don't wear the sundresses, big hats and take selfies all day.   They kind of blend in like everyone else.  Just saying.

On 10/19/2020 at 6:44 AM, FalangJaiDee said:

can i fly to China and hang out for a month or two and then fly to BKK from the US. Getting really desperate and depressed being stuck here...

The problem would be having standing to get into China, then also having residence to apply for a Thai visa in China. You would also have to quarantine in China.

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Next time you see them, stop and ask where they have come from.  Many Chinese here in Bangkok now from Chiang Mai for the vegetarian festival here in Chinatown.  Have not met one yet who has not been here since at least February.  Think you may be thinking too much and believing there is a conspiracy already.

No way are they just off the plane. The ASQ rules are the same for everyone.

• Like 1

The bubble means selected few will make money. Chinese spends nothing. I can tell you this from business side. We run currency exchanges around Pattaya, got lots of them and for many years, even in high seasons there is little to none chinese yuan circulating. Chinese don't change money. They change with bus driver, go to eat in selected places, don't go clubs or bars etc. I always scratched my head why so many chinese but no yuan. We get lots of russian ruble usd eur but no CNY, very rarely. 

3 minutes ago, Xaos said:

The bubble means selected few will make money. Chinese spends nothing. I can tell you this from business side. We run currency exchanges around Pattaya, got lots of them and for many years, even in high seasons there is little to none chinese yuan circulating. Chinese don't change money. They change with bus driver, go to eat in selected places, don't go clubs or bars etc. I always scratched my head why so many chinese but no yuan. We get lots of russian ruble usd eur but no CNY, very rarely. 

Chinese do spend money.  Sometime big money.  I've seen them go into a shop and buy a bunch.  But this wasn't the tour bus crowd that we normally see in Pattaya.

7 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Chinese do spend money.  Sometime big money.  I've seen them go into a shop and buy a bunch.  But this wasn't the tour bus crowd that we normally see in Pattaya.

I had been one of the tour bus crowd sometime ago ( I was very young then ) and I spent money.

Paid for so many things as ladyboy cabaret, nightclubs, jet ski, Parachute fly, sex show, massage, shopping and even photographs  ( pre-digital era ) etc. 

Outsiders made all sorts of assumption as well as imagination about Thailand Tourism industry and operation.  Humble enough for me nowadays knowing the locals just know better.  

20 hours ago, Xaos said:

Yes correct but army don't care about Thai citizens and only care about money per head st airport 

aaaaaaaaaaaaaand it's gone.

China Says Will Maintain Ban on Outbound Tours Due to Virus Risk

SHANGHAI (Reuters) - China will continue to suspend outbound group tours and ban travel agencies from allowing inbound tours due to the risk of a resurgence in coronavirus cases this winter, authorities said.

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2020-10-21/china-says-will-maintain-ban-on-outbound-tours-due-to-virus-risk

1 hour ago, ChouDoufu said:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaand it's gone.

China Says Will Maintain Ban on Outbound Tours Due to Virus Risk

SHANGHAI (Reuters) - China will continue to suspend outbound group tours and ban travel agencies from allowing inbound tours due to the risk of a resurgence in coronavirus cases this winter, authorities said.

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2020-10-21/china-says-will-maintain-ban-on-outbound-tours-due-to-virus-risk

Yes they are sending mixed signals 

On 10/20/2020 at 8:19 AM, Jeffr2 said:

Sorry!  Yes, it will be interesting to see how this works.  Quarantine or not?  Included in the travel package or not?  Insurance or not?  Lots of unanswered questions.

This is a Thai ego test. These Asian prisoners are test birds. There is not going to be any real tourism with there triple inflated program. There will be more protesters than tourists