Electrical Artwork

johng

We have all seen some of the shoddy workmanship  but how about  this artistic electrical installation.

Those metal fixing straps are a right pain in the bum to work with ! 

I wonder if/when they paint the walls they can resit slopping paint all over the wires like they normally do.

Photos from a Facebook page.

FB_IMG_1603064385256.jpg.4ba71cf091fc0991211983bfbbbfdfd7.jpgFB_IMG_1603064377260.jpg.4f240c24020abd4a8f9ea99880333027.jpgFB_IMG_1603064351002.jpg.164a117c77b704ba1d1cdeee02bd4126.jpgFB_IMG_1603064334879.jpg.5903b6f132551b131216d0f3bd6b8dba.jpg

• Like 2

Whatdoyermean? Paint the walls?

That’s village chic, grey concrete render.

We may think those clips are a pain in the butt whoever, I used to work in a technical college, they used to have a dedicated classroom for hammering in those clips. They do it with a comb to hold the pins.

For their first years the electricians practice using those clips, the teacher was ruthless, all had to be on the line of this plywood lined classroom, and after every run, the kids just pulled them out and did it again, during class, during lunch breaks .. practice, practice, practice. 

Edited by recom273
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, johng said:

Yes,  but when you/someone  drill a hole to hang a picture or shelves   and  you get a large flash,bang,puff of smoke and instantaneous blackout   you know you hit the wiring ????

Ah yes, but not here because the only chasing in the walls are in a straight line, for powerpoint's and light switches, no hanging of anything in those straight line areas, also the wall fans get plugged into the powerpoints in the ceiling above them, clean work when it comes to electrics here so no one gets zapped including the mice/rats in the ceiling as the cables are in pvc pipes unfortunately as it makes my job a little difficult at the end of rice season as I have to go up and collect the glue trays with them stuck in them, and when I forget, peeeeu, the smell up there when I remember to go up there to collect them ????

Good to hear that I'm not the only one that has issues getting those clips to work.  I usually try using a small needle-nose and giving it a rap.  But nooo.  End up leaving it to the "experts".  ????

Edit:  That's in homes that I've helped on occasion.  Mine are chased.

Edited by bankruatsteve
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Ah yes, but not here because the only chasing in the walls are in a straight line, for powerpoint's and light switches, no hanging of anything in those straight line areas, also the wall fans get plugged into the powerpoints in the ceiling above them, clean work when it comes to electrics here so no one gets zapped including the mice/rats in the ceiling as the cables are in pvc pipes unfortunately as it makes my job a little difficult at the end of rice season as I have to go up and collect the glue trays with them stuck in them, and when I forget, peeeeu, the smell up there when I remember to go up there to collect them ????

Thanks 4MyEgo for reminding me. I have to go out and check my traps under the genset. Last time they ate out all the wires.

• Thanks 1