Jump to content

Non Imm O Marriage Based, what do i need to prepare?


Recommended Posts

Dear fellow members,

 

Like my username suggests, i am stranded here and there is no way to return home until next year (or anytime until my government lift up the complete lockdown). My embassy is willing to provide letter to apply for visa extension but pay 1900 baht per month plus hundred baht fee for taxis and hours of queue, i have then decided to just apply for Non Imm O marriage based visa.

 

I have a thai wife, and two thai kids holders of dual passports.

 

My wife's hometown is in Nan province.

 

We arrived Bangkok in February 2020, i extended my 60 Tourist Visa on April 2020, then i applied for 60 days family visitation on 15 September 2020 at MTT Temporary Office

 

Ladies at MTT told me 15 days BEFORE 25 November 2020, i must submit my Non Imm O application at Nan Immigration. Appearantly they cant process my Non Imm O visa in Bangkok. Reason is that the apartment we are currently living does not have written contract by landlord. The apartment is part of company incentives that my brother in law works for. He doesnt live there but treats it as his "storage" room. 

 

Therefore before we hit the road back to Nan, i need to make sure that my Non Imm O visa appl will not get rejected again. Yes, my application was once rejected in 2016 and i lost 1900 baht. Reason was because 400.000 baht in the bank is just 1 week shorter from 2 months seasoning. 

 

This time ladies at MTT ensured me i do not need to season 400k anymore because i have thai kids. However, when i asked to record her statement, she gently refused me.

 

I would very much appreciate if someone here can throw me a complete list of documents (original and how many copies) i must prepare before visiting Nan Immigration. 

 

Also, the building/house that is written on House Reg Book (blue book, i dont know what its called) is currently rented to someone else and he is running business on that house. I was told that IO will visit me during 15 days of application at the exact address written on the book. Should i ask the tenant to pretend to be my family and call me when IO visits? 

 

And the Non Imm O visa that i am looking at, how long would i be given? Full 1 year without having to report back to Nan? Or just a normal 90 days validity visa?

 

Do i need to let the IO keep my passport during the process?

 

 

Thank you.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

To change from a tourist visa to a 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) entry at immigration the 400k baht only has to be in the bank on the day you apply. Requirements are here: https://bangkokimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/06-edit_NON-O.pdf

When you apply for the one year extension based upon marriage near the end of the 90 days it needs to be in the bank for 2 months. If you have  a child from your marriage there is not 2 month requirement.

From clause 2.18 of the immigration order for extensions.

"(5) In the case of parents, the father or mother must maintain an average annual income of no less than Baht 40,000 per month throughout the year or must have deposited funds of no less than Baht 400,000 to cover expenses for one year."

I think it will be risky to a apply in Nan due to not actually living at the house shown in your wife's house book since the can check you are living there at any time.

I think there should be a solution to the problem you are having in Bangkok. If your brother in law could write a statement you are living in his apartment with some sort of proof of the arrangement with his employer that they are providing it as part of his job.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2020 at 10:37 AM, ubonjoe said:

To change from a tourist visa to a 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) entry at immigration the 400k baht only has to be in the bank on the day you apply. Requirements are here: https://bangkokimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/06-edit_NON-O.pdf

When you apply for the one year extension based upon marriage near the end of the 90 days it needs to be in the bank for 2 months. If you have  a child from your marriage there is not 2 month requirement.

From clause 2.18 of the immigration order for extensions.

"(5) In the case of parents, the father or mother must maintain an average annual income of no less than Baht 40,000 per month throughout the year or must have deposited funds of no less than Baht 400,000 to cover expenses for one year."

I think it will be risky to a apply in Nan due to not actually living at the house shown in your wife's house book since the can check you are living there at any time.

I think there should be a solution to the problem you are having in Bangkok. If your brother in law could write a statement you are living in his apartment with some sort of proof of the arrangement with his employer that they are providing it as part of his job.

Thank you uBonjoe,

 

One thing i'm confused, i am now on 60-day permit and ending Nov 25. Do you think i can apply for marriage visa on the first week of November? Or must i wait 15 days before Nov 25?

 

And, What duration am i looking here? I've seen two options of either 90 days or 1 year. Is it possible to skip 90 days and apply straight to 1 year because i really do not want to drive up to north just to re-apply 1 year after February 2021. And for 1 year, must i do 90-day report at CW or MTT?

 

And I've asked IOs at MTT and they told me ONLY land owner can issue a contract statement, and even my bro in law does not know who the land owner is (everyone stays here only know the CEO of the company they work for). Also the problematic home address in Nan where the house is currently rented out (when we arrive in Nan, we will be staying at relative's house, about 8km from the address written on Blue Book). I might talk to IO and if they cant settle it, i'll then talk to the tenant and let him know to give me a call whenever IO visits, do you think it's safe?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, strandedmalaysia said:

One thing i'm confused, i am now on 60-day permit and ending Nov 25. Do you think i can apply for marriage visa on the first week of November? Or must i wait 15 days before Nov 25?

The 15 days only the minimum number of days to do it. You could do now if you wanted to. 

You will be a applying for a 90 day non immigrant visa entry (category O) based upon qualifying for an extension of stay based upon marriage,

 

1 hour ago, strandedmalaysia said:

And, What duration am i looking here? I've seen two options of either 90 days or 1 year. Is it possible to skip 90 days and apply straight to 1 year because i really do not want to drive up to north just to re-apply 1 year after February 2021. And for 1 year, must i do 90-day report at CW or MTT?

You cannot apply for the one year extension until you have a non immigrant category O visa entry. You can apply for the one year extension  up to 30 day early or 45 at some offices.

1 hour ago, strandedmalaysia said:

And I've asked IOs at MTT and they told me ONLY land owner can issue a contract statement, and even my bro in law does not know who the land owner is (everyone stays here only know the CEO of the company they work for).

You should be talking to Chaeng Wattana immigration where you would be applying for the visa and extension.

There is no need for rental contract if you brother in law writes a statement you are living in his apartment. The company he works for then could do one stating the apartment is arranged by them. That should be enough to satisfy immigration.

Best to keep trying to do it in Bangkok instead of Nan. 

 

1 hour ago, strandedmalaysia said:

Also the problematic home address in Nan where the house is currently rented out (when we arrive in Nan, we will be staying at relative's house, about 8km from the address written on Blue Book). I might talk to IO and if they cant settle it, i'll then talk to the tenant and let him know to give me a call whenever IO visits, do you think it's safe?

You do not have to use the address where your wife's house book is for. Get a statement from the relative that has the house where you will be staying that you are staying there. If the own it then a signed copy of their house book and ID would be enough.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I followed Ubonjoes advise and links as in similar situation as you.    Get all info required ( bank took 1 hour ) to get letter re400k  was processed in under 1 hr at  immigrationPaid 2000k fee Must return by 15 nov( my other visa ends then )to pick up 90 day non O ( if finally approved).     So easy IF you follow instructions and provide what’s required.  Thank you Ubonjoe 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...