Paying for company daily or monthly - is there a difference?

OneMoreFarang

Yesterday I visited a fried who is feeling lonely.

He is already older. He had a young girl living with him who he payed every month a substantial salary.

Now he is looking for another girl. He has already one girl in mind. She told him something like: Pay my bar and I will visit you.

But he doesn't want to do that.

He wants a monthly contract with her. He does not want to be one of those guys who pay girls for an hour or a night.

I told him if he wants that girl then he should start paying for her company for a day or a week. Then he will see how he likes it and she will see how she likes it and then they can talk about a monthly contract. Personally I don't see a significant difference between paying for company for a day at a time or a month. But it seems for him that is a huge difference. What do you think?

P.S.: We all know that prostitution is illegal in Thailand so let's talk about "company" to make sure this topic won't be closed.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

An alternative to a local lady bar, would be to join a dating site like ThaiFriendly. Free to join, and you can send a free text every 10 minutes. Once you have made contact you can exchange Line IDs.

During these difficult, financial days, Thai women seem to be looking for a “safe harbour” and so would be happy with older, even significantly, older men.

Some of the women, particularly, if from the Pattaya area, probably work in local lady bars, while others start offering to do special massages. However, if you ignore them, there are plenty of women who are looking for an older man. Up to you whether you invite them to come to stay with you to see how you get along together.

Of course, you need to be careful about what financial and family difficulties may be lurking in the background, but there are also plenty of decent women out there too.

If you are not looking for marriage, or life long relationship, some of them may be interested in becoming your housekeeper/bed warmer for a monthly salary. BritManToo’s advice above is always worth listening to and following.

As I said at the beginning, this is an alternative to the lady bar option.

Good luck.

2 minutes ago, Ginger Tea said:

An alternative to a local lady bar, would be to join a dating site like ThaiFriendly. Free to join, and you can send a free text every 10 minutes. Once you have made contact you can exchange Line IDs.

During these difficult, financial days, Thai women seem to be looking for a “safe harbour” and so would be happy with older, even significantly, older men.

Some of the women, particularly, if from the Pattaya area, probably work in local lady bars, while others start offering to do special massages. However, if you ignore them, there are plenty of women who are looking for an older man. Up to you whether you invite them to come to stay with you to see how you get along together.

Of course, you need to be careful about what financial and family difficulties may be lurking in the background, but there are also plenty of decent women out there too.

If you are not looking for marriage, or life long relationship, some of them may be interested in becoming your housekeeper/bed warmer for a monthly salary. BritManToo’s advice above is always worth listening to and following.

As I said at the beginning, this is an alternative to the lady bar option.

Good luck.

Thanks for your reply.

My idea about this topic is not where to find a girl or a woman and not how much compensation she should get.

It's about the difference, or no difference, of paying per hour, per day or per month.

In this specific case the guy has more than enough money. He wants a pretty young (and legal) girl who takes care of him and makes him happy. It almost doesn't matter how much she charges for her company.

He is happy with bargirls. But he does not want to pay per day. He wants a friend who he pays per month?!

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

10k a month is the usual price for a live-in pretend wife/gf in her 30s.

That's what I pay mine.

More if you want younger.

Younger than 30's at my age is probably illegal.

• Haha 2

If this topic strays into the specifics of prostitution it will be closed:

17) You will not discuss the specifics of prostitution. Though Thailand has a visible sex industry, and acknowledgement of that fact is not forbidden, ThaiVisa is not the place to seek or give information on this topic, regardless of your sexual habits, preferences or orientation.

It's better if he finds a girl he likes in a bar or massage shop and if she likes him she will be more than happy to become a girlfriend and leave her job for a monthly sponsoring / take care amount. That is better than just making a girl your girlfriend and she doesn't really like the guy but will go along with it for the money and will probably have a Thai boyfriend and/or other farang sponsors. 

Personally I don't want to sponsor girls but I appreciate when you get to a certain age it's likely

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

It's better if he finds a girl he likes in a bar or massage shop and if she likes him she will be more than happy to become a girlfriend and leave her job for a monthly sponsoring / take care amount. That is better than just making a girl your girlfriend and she doesn't really like the guy but will go along with it for the money and will probably have a Thai boyfriend and/or other farang sponsors. 

Personally I don't want to sponsor girls but I appreciate when you get to a certain age it's likely

I agree

It seems he has that girl in mind which he visited already many times in "her" bar. And it seems she likes him (that's what he says). 

For me it seems she is confused because he tells her that he wants that she lives with him and she knows she would get a nice salary. But when she asks him to pay her bar then he refuses that. In his mind she should just come to see him before her work if she wants to see him.

I don't see the problem with paying the bar. He lives nearby so she could see him in 10 minutes. What's the point of refusing that offer because of the stupid principle that he only wants to pay a monthly salary. According to him that principle is important. I don't get it.

To him it's probably a guarantee of consistency and that she'll be there every day.  Not there everyday until one day she's open to a better offer and can just walk with no obligation.

This is 'commitment' in his eyes I'd guess.

And I'm sure money does play into it.  It's much better value to rent a place for a month than to grab an air bnb for just a day.  

Going by what you here say is normal, 1400 day x 30 is 5x more than 10k flat 

Edited by Dart12

25 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I agree

It seems he has that girl in mind which he visited already many times in "her" bar. And it seems she likes him (that's what he says). 

For me it seems she is confused because he tells her that he wants that she lives with him and she knows she would get a nice salary. But when she asks him to pay her bar then he refuses that. In his mind she should just come to see him before her work if she wants to see him.

I don't see the problem with paying the bar. He lives nearby so she could see him in 10 minutes. What's the point of refusing that offer because of the stupid principle that he only wants to pay a monthly salary. According to him that principle is important. I don't get it.

Sounds a little mixed up, if he wants a gf then he pays her a monthly salary, he doesn't pay bar, she leaves bar, no daft bar payoff or any other nonsense. If he wants girl to come round before or after work that is usually possible but some girls are loyal to their boss and wants guys to pay bar, but if she genuinely liked him she would come round before or after work, but it sounds like he is trying to get her on the cheap daily rather than monthly so story doesn't make total sense

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

To him it's probably a guarantee of consistency and that she'll be there every day.  Not there everyday until one day she's open to a better offer and can just walk with no obligation.

This is 'commitment' in his eyes I'd guess.

And I'm sure money does play into it.  It's much better value to rent a place for a month than to grab an air bnb for just a day.  

Going by what you here say is normal, 1400 day x 30 is 5x more than 10k flat 

I didn't mention the 10k. He is willing to pay a lot more than that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Sounds a little mixed up, if he wants a gf then he pays her a monthly salary, he doesn't pay bar, she leaves bar, no daft bar payoff or any other nonsense. If he wants girl to come round before or after work that is usually possible but some girls are loyal to their boss and wants guys to pay bar, but if she genuinely liked him she would come round before or after work, but it sounds like he is trying to get her on the cheap daily rather than monthly so story doesn't make total sense

For me it also doesn't make sense.

The amount of money for the bar is not the issue for him. It's the principle. 

He is willing to pay a lot - but only for a monthly (and longer) contract.

I don't see a problem to rent for a day or a week before doing the same for a month. But for him that seems to be a big difference. 

It's about exclusivity, if you pay a girl by the month you're almost guaranteed her sole attention for that period of time; by the day, she could fo at any time, if a better offer comes up. Lots of guys used to rent a 2 week girlfriend for precisely that reason. If you're not worried about her screwing around with other guys, then by the day is fine.

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

+ all legit expenses.

She gets a nice house to live in, car and m/c to drive, children to love her.

And no longer lives the life of an alcoholic 'tweaker' working in a bar.

Her family are over the moon that she now has the facade of a legit housewife.

Even if her 'husband' is an elderly foreigner.

sounds (legit) like a normal relationship.

At what part does it earmarked a 'facade'?  

Except for the kids, you pretty much could be describing my relationship with my  american gf .

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dart12 said:

sounds (legit) like a normal relationship.
At what part does it earmarked a 'facade'?  
Except for the kids, you pretty much could be describing my relationship with my  american gf .

She didn't choose me because she loved me.

Which appears to be the western definition of legitimate relationship.

(even though the love is usually gone in a year or two)

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

Better than "love" which is very bio-chemical in nature...is Respect and understanding.  It can go a lot further.

And let's face it, "love" is getting divorced at a 50% clip as well.  So that's not exactly a sure deal either is it? lol

Edited by Dart12
  • Like 2