Britain and EU to try to rescue post-Brexit trade talks

webfact

2 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

The British sold theri fishing quota already a 30 years ago. Boris wants to cancel these sales just as he did with the Withdrawal Act. A contract with the British is not even worth the ink it is signed with.

Well you seem to be placing great faith in the WA, which the EU quickly tried to undermine. What did the EU sign in - lemon juice?

As for some old quota contracts, well those EU fishermen had better hope those contracts were 'forever' and not just short leases.

24 minutes ago, Loiner said:

You can call Boris a clown, or a failed journalist, or a buffoon, or a liar, or anything else you want to. He's still beating your Barnier and Macron. That must hurt a bit doesn't it, beating your best?

He's not bluffing either, is that how your pair are losing the negotiations and being sent home? 

A negotiation is not a competition; it's a discussion with the aim of reaching an agreement. It shouldn't be about 'beating'.

Still, if the UK is worse-off in years to come, you'll dismiss it as it as being unimportant. What's important is that we 'beat' the Remainers and the EU. Hooray! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Do you trust that the EU has your country's best interests at heart?

That may explain why the majority view in all three countries is that the EU doesn't have their best interests at heart. More than half of Italians feel that way, as do 46% of the French. The Germans are the most trusting, with 40% seeing Brussels as well-intentioned.

https://www.euronews.com/2020/10/15/majority-of-germans-think-uk-will-not-benefit-long-term-from-brexit-euronews-survey-reveal

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mavideol said:

why does the bloc has to compromise, the block doesn't want a deal, thus nothing to compromise, the UK wants a deal they are the ones to compromise

Have you tried to convince the Mercedes CEO that no deal is better than a deal, any ideas who will buy the  30,398  mercedes cars that were sold in the UK last year

Once Mercedes start laying off workers it will make it more diffcult for Mercedes to remain in F1 with the expenditure required to maintain a F1 team will Mercedes withdraw from F1 as a result of no deal

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

A contract with the British is not even worth the ink it is signed with.

and they complain that China didn't respect the deal with them about HK.... birds of the feather flick together

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

Correct. I do not like my British friends, some since 1965, will fall in poverty.

I donot like a shock in the EU trade with the UK. Bad for all.

That's why I care. And many inside the EU

Clearly some British .. do not give a damn.

clearly some British, selfish it's only,  me....me....me and myself

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, RayC said:

A negotiation is not a competition; it's a discussion with the aim of reaching an agreement. It shouldn't be about 'beating'.

Still, if the UK is worse-off in years to come, you'll dismiss it as it as being unimportant. What's important is that we 'beat' the Remainers and the EU. Hooray! 

If UK is better off in years to come will you re-assess your advocation EU regulation, bureaucracy and "membership dues" as an anchor around the neck of productive nations?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

Old contracts ? From where you got that idea ? Your thick Brexiteers-dumb ? It is again braking a contract by the British.

I've never seen a UK fishing quota sale agreement. Do you have a copy of a contract? There are usually a few ways to terminate a contract without breaking it. These type of deals are often for a given period. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RayC said:

But hang the consequences, eh? Let's not worry about the huge division that this has created in the nation. My 52% won; f*"k the others. We don't need 'em.

Remainers and remainerism was a consequence of the referendum. Don't worry though because we won't hang you. As for the division, yes we can do that to your 48%, which we don't need.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Loiner said:

You can call Boris a clown, or a failed journalist, or a buffoon, or a liar, or anything else you want to. He's still beating your Barnier and Macron. That must hurt a bit doesn't it, beating your best?

He's not bluffing either, is that how your pair are losing the negotiations and being sent home? 

do you know the basic principle of business making deals with different people from different countries with different education, back ground.... a deal it's only good if both parties deal in good faith and a good deal it's only good if good for all the parties involved, if one side tries to underscore the other it will never be a good deal, sooner or later it will come back biting one's rear end, thus always deal in good faith, making a deal it's not or should not be a competition, nobody should try beating the (opponent) other side but instead should try to work together, if one side feels the other side to be dealing in bad faith it all falls as trust will be lost and replaced with distrust/untrustworthy

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, vogie said:

Please tell me you're joking Mavideol, there has been an estimated up to 1million job losses across Europe if its a no deal and "the block doesn't want a deal" basically that says it all about the EU then doesn't it.

Vogie are you (again) blaming the block and the EU deal makers for all the jobless people across Europe

8 minutes ago, vogie said:

I totally agree with you, if the remainers had not tried to stifle the democratic decision that is Brexit we would all be living in perfect harmony by now and would not be having this conversation, but that's the selfish remainers for you.

So democracy amounts to freedom of expression so long as it's what I say/ want?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Always amazes me that the Brexiteers see leaving without a deal as a win when it is a loss for everyone.

thank you, at least we see it the way it is, lose - lose situation but they can't understand that, they keep beating the dead horse

1 minute ago, Mavideol said:

Vogie are you (again) blaming the block and the EU deal makers for all the jobless people across Europe

You stated that the EU is not bothered about a deal which equates to not being bothered about the 1 million EU workers who will lose their jobs, care to re-think your original post?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Remainers and remainerism was a consequence of the referendum. Don't worry though because we won't hang you. As for the division, yes we can do that to your 48%, which we don't need.

Disenfranchising 48% of the population. Might as well do away with the election in 2024 while you're at it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1