tax on property

hello looking for a little help here ..i live in the north of Thailand but have a condo on Pattaya that me and the family visit each month i bought it off plan 8 years ago in company name as i was advised by my agent (mistske)  any way thus week i was in Pattaya and found mail there from the condo office saying now must pay a government tax this month..bit short notice does anyone know anything about this how it works and how much it costs.. a great way for the Thais to promote sales of an already dead horse No one is buying No one will if this is the new law Tax Tax  great way to boost sales tks for any info 

We were all supposed to resister ownership at the the local Khet office in January if I remember correctly and then the tax payment was delayed for 6 months for some reason I cannot remember. They will have to let ne back in the country to get my 200 baht :+)

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

We were all supposed to resister ownership at the the local Khet office in January if I remember correctly and then the tax payment was delayed for 6 months for some reason I cannot remember. They will have to let ne back in the country to get my 200 baht :+)

Yes, it was delayed, and letters went out late, many last month.

If you dont pay by due date now to get the discount, its going to be 10 times the current price, and any fines for non payment. If its your only residence in thailand and worth less than 10 million, then you dont need to pay the tax. Many people had to go to the town hall to get this confirmed.

The letter may have attached a declaration that it is your main residence and that you need to sign and return. Thats what i got in bangkok.

On TV some other people who cannot get back here have arranged for somebody else to deal with it.

If there is the letter / demand at the condo, you could try speaking to the condo to look at the letter and see if they can help. Many will not, but may be worth a try

• Like 1

As matthew2027 says, there was a 90% discount if you paid by the due date, which may have been end of september.

If you received the demand, it is paid at city hall.

I hear that some demand notices said that you could pay at a bank.

But i do not know for sure

Check the notice.

19 hours ago, smutcakes said:

Its been in the news for years. If its your only address which i presume it is, the amount payable is absolutely negligible. If the assessed value of the condo is less than 10 MB you are exempt, between 10MB-50MB its 0.02% of assessed value etc

I aint great at maths but if your condo was worth 11 million you would pay something like 0.02% on 1 million baht which is probably about 200 THB.

Yes, it has been talked about for years..

I was getting a little worried..

Then ...i saw the invoice...

Omg...i have to pay 66bahts..

Thats not worth spending 10 seconds to think about..

Pre covid..my condo was worth 5mill thb+

19 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

thanks mate ..ive just contacted the administration office at the condo they said they will do it for a Fee of course . I'm in the north and cant get back to Pattaya before the date they say it has to be paid  i bought this in company name seemed good idea at the time regrets now ..dies this effect the taxable value ..just a question here perhaps you can help ..i don't rent it out i dont actually run a company i don't work here ..but i submit accounts each year thru an accountant Paying again ..is it advisable to do this or just not declare as i don't get a baht   from it  tks again 

1 hour ago, murraynz said:

Yes, it has been talked about for years..

I was getting a little worried..

Then ...i saw the invoice...

Omg...i have to pay 66bahts..

Thats not worth spending 10 seconds to think about..

Pre covid..my condo was worth 5mill thb+

And Post-Covid??????? LOL

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

If you go to Pattaya City Hall they will most likely charge you plus waste a few hours of your life, if you phone them then likely no charge like me. 

It's disorganised and unclear like this thread with conflicting info

This thread has a lot of wrong info. The people should read the one that is linked in post #2. If I remember correctly you have no Yellow Book but only the Blue Book. I repeat what I have written in the other thread - Pattaya City Hall told me that without Yellow Book you need to pay taxes. I asked 2 different people. And I had to pay since I have only the Blue Book. Discounted payment can be made until the end of October. 

5 minutes ago, Oldie said:

This thread has a lot of wrong info. The people should read the one that is linked in post #2. If I remember correctly you have no Yellow Book but only the Blue Book. I repeat what I have written in the other thread - Pattaya City Hall told me that without Yellow Book you need to pay taxes. I asked 2 different people. And I had to pay since I have only the Blue Book. Discounted payment can be made until the end of October. 

Question??? You have a Blue Book with your name in it? In that case you are PR... 

5 minutes ago, jomtienisgood said:

Question??? You have a Blue Book with your name in it? In that case you are PR... 

In my Blue Book is not my name. What is a PR...? 

Edited by Oldie

28 minutes ago, Oldie said:

Other people say under 10m baht is exempt or if only property exempt, I didn't need to pay this year with a blue book, better to phone them

27 minutes ago, Oldie said:

In my Blue Book is not my name. What is a PR...? 

Permanent residency. If you are PR your name is on page 2 of it in Thai. That raises the question or discussion of this property being your primary residence and having or not to pay taxes. Some say yes some no.

On 10/20/2020 at 10:39 AM, Oldie said:

That may be what Pattaya city have decided, however like scubascuba3 I have a blue book and did not have to pay the tax.
This is in Bangkok, Klongtoey. They sent me a form that I needed to sign which I understand was a confirmation that it is my residence.
The tax form was based on that with nothing to pay. 

Edited by jojothai
correction

35 minutes ago, jojothai said:

That may be what Pattaya city have decided, however like scubascuba3 I have a blue book and did not have to pay the tax.
This is in Bangkok, Klongtoey. They sent me a form that I needed to sign which I understand was a confirmation that it is my residence.
The tax form was based on that with nothing to pay. 

Here in Pattaya no way. My Thai ex girlfriend has no Yellow Book for her townhouse here in Pattaya and even she has to pay. And I had to pay for my condo too. 

14 hours ago, Oldie said:

Here in Pattaya no way. My Thai ex girlfriend has no Yellow Book for her townhouse here in Pattaya and even she has to pay. And I had to pay for my condo too. 

For your ex as she is Thai, she don't need (she not even can have) a yellow book! The yellow one is only for foreigners. So you have to check if your ex has her name in the blue book instead.

And many foreigners can have a blue book, but without the name of the foreigner. Some become the empty blue book when they purchase the condo. 

• Haha 1

On 10/20/2020 at 8:05 AM, scubascuba3 said:

If you go to Pattaya City Hall they will most likely charge you plus waste a few hours of your life, if you phone them then likely no charge like me. 

It's disorganised and unclear like this thread with conflicting info

Putting faith in a phone call to someone, who only wants the call to end as quick as possible, so they can return to the full time job of face book line and surfing the webb, is a folly in Thailand.

expect your tax bill in march

expect your back tax bill in march

expect your fine in march

it may only be a couple of thousand baht but

TIT.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, quake said:

Putting faith in a phone call to someone, who only wants the call to end as quick as possible, so they can return to the full time job of face book line and surfing the webb, is a folly in Thailand.

expect your tax bill in march

expect your back tax bill in march

expect your fine in march

it may only be a couple of thousand baht but

TIT.

You are giving them more credit than they deserve, the office is totally disorganised and it's a mammoth task to track everyone, why do you think billing was so patchy

22 hours ago, Oldie said:

First of all she cannot have a yellow book, is her townhouse her main residence,i.o.w. does she have her name in Tabien Ban?  Is your name in your(if you have) Tabien Ban? Only possible if you are Th National or PR...... 

30 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

You are giving them more credit than they deserve, the office is totally disorganised and it's a mammoth task to track everyone, why do you think billing was so patchy

maybe because it's a new tax, they will get more organised, soon.

you won't get over looked, for ever.   just get it done now, its so easy

and a few hours of your time there,   no big one.

Ps beware of uninformed  idiots on the other end of telephones in Thailand, Face book and Line, rule in the working environment here. :jap:

17 minutes ago, quake said:

maybe because it's a new tax, they will get more organised, soon.

you won't get over looked, for ever.   just get it done now, its so easy

and a few hours of your time there,   no big one.

Ps beware of uninformed  idiots on the other end of telephones in Thailand, Face book and Line, rule in the working environment here. :jap:

Because these sites don't have the same idiots?????? LOL

8 hours ago, HampiK said:

For your ex as she is Thai, she don't need (she not even can have) a yellow book! The yellow one is only for foreigners. So you have to check if your ex has her name in the blue book instead.

And many foreigners can have a blue book, but without the name of the foreigner. Some become the empty blue book when they purchase the condo. 

1 hour ago, jomtienisgood said:

First of all she cannot have a yellow book, is her townhouse her main residence,i.o.w. does she have her name in Tabien Ban?  Is your name in your(if you have) Tabien Ban? Only possible if you are Th National or PR...... 

You both are right. I just talked to her again. As so often with Thais she told me complete garbage... NOW we know that the Yellow Book is only for foreigners. But she has to pay because she is not registered at her townhouse. She has another property were she is registered. 

On 10/19/2020 at 1:38 PM, Harveyboy said:

hello looking for a little help here ..i live in the north of Thailand but have a condo on Pattaya that me and the family visit each month i bought it off plan 8 years ago in company name as i was advised by my agent (mistske)  any way thus week i was in Pattaya and found mail there from the condo office saying now must pay a government tax this month..bit short notice does anyone know anything about this how it works and how much it costs.. a great way for the Thais to promote sales of an already dead horse No one is buying No one will if this is the new law Tax Tax  great way to boost sales tks for any info 

ok guys up date on my tax ..funny as !!!! came back from phetchabun yesterday to sort it out id asked our management office to do it but to be honest useless ..so i got someone yo do it it cost 100 baht  for the service and 24.61 BAHT for the tax  cost 4 times more to pay it lol..i have a 7 page official receipt all government stamped Paperwork and Thais inseparable..stress over back to the deserted beach ..tks for all the replies  folks

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Harveyboy said:

ok guys up date on my tax ..funny as !!!! came back from phetchabun yesterday to sort it out id asked our management office to do it but to be honest useless ..so i got someone yo do it it cost 100 baht  for the service and 24.61 BAHT for the tax  cost 4 times more to pay it lol..i have a 7 page official receipt all government stamped Paperwork and Thais inseparable..stress over back to the deserted beach ..tks for all the replies  folks

Its not the management office job to deal with yours or anyone else's personal property tax payment. They are paid by all Condo owners to manage the Condominium Common area not run around after Co-owners personal responsibilities.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2020 at 6:43 AM, smutcakes said:

Its not the management office job to deal with yours or anyone else's personal property tax payment. They are paid by all Condo owners to manage the Condominium Common area not run around after Co-owners personal responsibilities.

you would think some enterprising Thai would have latched on to this to make a few bucks.