tax on property

2 hours ago, smutcakes said:

Some companies do it, its called tenancy management, but there is no money in it and lots of headaches.

always money in it,  charge 500 per visit for pay tax.

think that's a bit more than staking shelves in Tesco, or big-C

or spending money sitting around drinkging beer

maybe do two people a day , oh no sky's the limit :stoner:

On 10/28/2020 at 6:43 AM, smutcakes said:

Its not the management office job to deal with yours or anyone else's personal property tax payment. They are paid by all Condo owners to manage the Condominium Common area not run around after Co-owners personal responsibilities.

get off the high horse mate ..they offered i paid    no running prob did 500 same time made  money .. simple

1 minute ago, Harveyboy said:

yes they asked in their e mail when notifying me about the tax ..i agreed same as asking them to do it ..suppose i should have worded it better

Sorry, its just one of my bug bares on management topic. People criticize the management teams for poor performance, corruption, being useless when so much of the time you have the same owners paying individual management team members to pay bills for them, organize tenants looking round the units, sort out tenant problems, pay phone bills etc, when none of those are the jobs of the management, and owners should not ask the management to do those jobs for them, and definitely should not be slipping them a few 100 THB to do so.

yes they asked in their e mail when notifying me about the tax ..i agreed same as asking them to do it ..suppose i should have worded it better... when i arrived here a week after they told my wife it was paid only to to be told not paid staff useless..Now all done  

1 minute ago, smutcakes said:

Sorry, its just one of my bug bares on management topic. People criticize the management teams for poor performance, corruption, being useless when so much of the time you have the same owners paying individual management team members to pay bills for them, organize tenants looking round the units, sort out tenant problems, pay phone bills etc, when none of those are the jobs of the management, and owners should not ask the management to do those jobs for them, and definitely should not be slipping them a few 100 THB to do so.

as i said They asked me the same mail went out to all owners  i know i have everyone's e mail at this condo 500 or so they ..CC all owners ..is that even allowed

Just now, Harveyboy said:

as i said They asked me the same mail went out to all owners  i know i have everyone's e mail at this condo 500 or so they ..CC all owners ..is that even allowed

No idea why they would have your tax documents as they would normally be sent directly to the registered owner of each unit. Probably no rule against CC'ing them all, but unprofessional, but i have seen it done with much bigger companies and executives than a PM company.

3 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

No idea why they would have your tax documents as they would normally be sent directly to the registered owner of each unit. Probably no rule against CC'ing them all, but unprofessional, but i have seen it done with much bigger companies and executives than a PM company.

no mate just a blanket e mail to all proposing payment of tax 100 baht..when they did pay it i got a load of paper work that must have cost a load to produce  and i paid 24 baht ....i have an accountant here that does my tax  returns ..this is the new housing tax i paid 24 baht ha  

no mate just a blanket e mail to all proposing payment of tax 100 baht..when they did pay it i got a load of paper work that must have cost a load to produce  and i paid 24 baht ....i have an accountant here that does my tax  returns ..this is the new housing tax i paid 24 baht ha  

Very strange, no idea on how that works. Property Tax is based on individual units title deeds and the assessed value of those units. No idea why the management team would be involved, in anyway at all. Maybe the condo juristic is broke and they need to pay the property tax for the Juristic person.

25 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

Very strange, no idea on how that works. Property Tax is based on individual units title deeds and the assessed value of those units. No idea why the management team would be involved, in anyway at all. Maybe the condo juristic is broke and they need to pay the property tax for the Juristic person.

on my paperwork they put the value of the condo i didn't give it to them but it seems about right ..for now anyway ..anyway to make a Quid eh ..one prob is lack of english spoken..i know we are in Thailand and perhaps should speak more of the native language but when the most of these condos are foreign perhaps an investment in staff could be an idea ..you saying could be broke we have 10 security staff changed twice a day..we only have that many give or take few in the  condo that are  occupied   money going somewhere..

19 hours ago, Harveyboy said:

on my paperwork they put the value of the condo i didn't give it to them but it seems about right ..for now anyway ..anyway to make a Quid eh ..one prob is lack of english spoken..i know we are in Thailand and perhaps should speak more of the native language but when the most of these condos are foreign perhaps an investment in staff could be an idea ..you saying could be broke we have 10 security staff changed twice a day..we only have that many give or take few in the  condo that are  occupied   money going somewhere..

Hi, most of these condos cannot be foreign owned, Max.49%... You didn't need to give them the value as they always get a copy from the Land office....

5 hours ago, jomtienisgood said:

Hi, most of these condos cannot be foreign owned, Max.49%... You didn't need to give them the value as they always get a copy from the Land office....

ok perhsps not all foreign owned but with ownerships and majority of rentals are foreigners 

22 hours ago, jomtienisgood said:

If you don't mind, where would that be?

jomtien the only Thais you see here are the wives and gf of farang  a lot of the the condo russian and Chinese owned a lot rented out long term and thru booking .com   Agoda even tho stated in the office lobby ect no rentals less than a month Joke that is Envelopes  go a long way eh ..    i know ive been in this place for 7 years see them coming and going   Well did before all this <deleted>.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Harveyboy said:

jomtien the only Thais you see here are the wives and gf of farang  a lot of the the condo russian and Chinese owned a lot rented out long term and thru booking .com   Agoda even tho stated in the office lobby ect no rentals less than a month Joke that is Envelopes  go a long way eh ..    i know ive been in this place for 7 years see them coming and going   Well did before all this <deleted>.

Just laughing with the : before all this... 555555

I'm stuck out of Thailand due to the pandemic.  I wanted to get the property tax paid to get the discount and avoid penalty.  I used a Pattaya agent who charged THB 1000 for running down there with copies of my chanote, blue book, land office receipt, and my passport copy.  The agent was prompt and efficient and all this got done the same morning I provided my documents by e-mail.  Maybe you can find an agent who will do this for cheaper as mentioned above.  But taking care of this now and paying the agent fee will probably be cheaper than if you miss the discount period and/or start getting hit with late penalty.

9 hours ago, mauisteve said:

I'm stuck out of Thailand due to the pandemic.  I wanted to get the property tax paid to get the discount and avoid penalty.  I used a Pattaya agent who charged THB 1000 for running down there with copies of my chanote, blue book, land office receipt, and my passport copy.  The agent was prompt and efficient and all this got done the same morning I provided my documents by e-mail.  Maybe you can find an agent who will do this for cheaper as mentioned above.  But taking care of this now and paying the agent fee will probably be cheaper than if you miss the discount period and/or start getting hit with late penalty.

Good job, 1000Thb for a 24Thb tax, unless your property is half of Isaan; Including possible future penalty would amount to 125Thb....