Can I apply for a tourist visa now?

1 minute ago, Benitostacos said:

You should contact the Thai embassy in your country. As of right now, I'm not sure if any "tourists" have actually been allowed in yet. I believe there is supposedly a small group coming from China in a week or two (but I wouldn't hold my breath).

OP is talking about the new 60 days tourist Visa. Why don't you read his attached screen shot?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Benitostacos said:

I know what he's talking about. I just haven't heard of anyone arriving in Thailand with this visa yet. Have you?

It's been available a very short time in just a very few countries. And if people don't have ฿500,000 in the bank for 6 months, don't want to pay for insurances and/or don't want to quarantine 14 nights, they will probably not apply for it. But OP just asked 1 question and I answered it in post #2. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xavi said:

I cant contact them....

You can't contact the Thai Embassy in Seoul? Don't you have a phone? You can email them. I ask again, is the new 60 days tourist Visa available at the Thai Embassy in Seoul? Yes or No? 

2 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

You can't contact the Thai Embassy in Seoul? Don't you have a phone? You can email them. I ask again, is the new 60 days tourist Visa available at the Thai Embassy in Seoul? Yes or No? 

No matter how I contact them, I can't reach them.

E mail...

Phone number...

Facebook messsenger...

58 minutes ago, Xavi said:

I cant contact them....

May find some info here. I have not found any visa info on the website and everything is done by appointment. One of the notices has a email shown just for visas.

https://seoul.thaiembassy.org/kr/publicservice/book-the-appointment-kr?page=5d661ce415e39c30180053e2&menu=5d661ce415e39c30180053e3

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

May find some info here. I have not found any visa info on the website and everything is done by appointment. One of the notices has a email shown just for visas.

https://seoul.thaiembassy.org/kr/publicservice/book-the-appointment-kr?page=5d661ce415e39c30180053e2&menu=5d661ce415e39c30180053e3

The announcement containing info on Tourist Visas is here.  Pages 13/14 of the attachment for the details.

https://seoul.thaiembassy.org/en/content/announcement-on-the-entry-procedures-for-non-thai

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, treetops said:

he announcement containing info on Tourist Visas is here.  Pages 13/14 of the attachment for the details.

It is dated for today and it apparently was not there when I posted earlier and I was searching for info in Korean using Google translate.

OP, unfortunately as it seems you do not meet requirement 1.2 per your other thread - i.e. relating to providing bank statements evidencing at min. balance of 500K for the past 6 months. I'm afraid it's unlikely you will be able to successfully apply for the visa you referenced.

16 hours ago, Xavi said:

No matter how I contact them, I can't reach them.

E mail...

Phone number...

Facebook messsenger...

Here is a little secret: take a look at their webpage and on the bottom right corner you will see something like "for Thai" and there will be a phone number written in Thai numerals or Thai script. Copy that number, go to google translate and then call that particular number. They will answer, thinking it is a Thai citizen. Then continue from there......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, FalangJaiDee said:

Can I fly from the US to SK and apply for a tourist visa there?

Good question!  You cannot apply for the STV without a passport from the low-risk country you are applying from.  But not sure whether that would also be the case for the 60-day Tourist Visa. Would be worthwhile contacting the Thai Embassy in Seoul and enquiring about this.

1 hour ago, FalangJaiDee said:

No...You must have resident status to qualify for this special 60 day tourist visa. It cannot be extended nor can it be changed inside Thailand.

Same applies to ths new STV where offered in countries witj low COVID experiences. 

31 minutes ago, travelerjim said:

No...You must have resident status to qualify for this special 60 day tourist visa. It cannot be extended nor can it be changed inside Thailand.

Same applies to ths new STV where offered in countries witj low COVID experiences. 

This is straight from the Embassy's website, and appears to be updated with all the obnoxious requirements like the 6-month maintenance of a 500k baht balance. 

Forgot1stPage.jpg.33af025da3a1c4ef802a6b28d3bbdaf1.jpg

hmm.jpg

Edited by ubonjoe
inserted first page from another post now hidden
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, treetops said:

You can apply, but as you don't have 500,000 baht in a bank account for 6 months you will be refused.  Save yourself the application fee.

He can only apply if the new 60 days tourist visa is available in South Korea. I have never seen a more useless Thai Embassy website than the one in Seoul. I have so far only seen the new tourist visa in Finland. Most countries in Europe are out of the question because of an increase in Covid-19 cases. 

16 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

He can only apply if the new 60 days tourist visa is available in South Korea. I have never seen a more useless Thai Embassy website than the one in Seoul. I have so far only seen the new tourist visa in Finland. Most countries in Europe are out of the question because of an increase in Covid-19 cases. 

I assume you have not read the posts done before about it being shown on the Seoul embassy website now.

22 hours ago, Max69xl said:

OP is talking about the new 60 days tourist Visa. Why don't you read his attached screen shot?

why doesn't op read his screenshot ? what is op asking ? what part of screenshot does he not understand .. his question seems incomplete ambiguous  or is it me 

1 minute ago, varun said:

No tourist in their right mind would even consider travelling  to Thailand,

with these ridiculous requirements in place - especially the 500k balance.

Who is taking 500,000 baht each for a trip to Thailand? I can't understand.