STV - anybody got reply from Longstay?

My girlfriend is trying to apply STV, last week she emailed her passport and info to Longstay agency (as 1st step in their procedure, link below), but until now they didn't reply, and nobody is answering the calls (except the machine mumbling in Thai, which is very appropriate as 100% of their customers are foreigners heh).

Did anybody got actual reply from Longstay? She is hoping to check the cost of 15-days quarantine hotels, charter flights, and mandatory 15-days after-quarantine hotels... all other costs are more or less known (insurance, tests, certificates, application, etc... seems as they don't require any bank statements).

STV procedure on Longstay website:

http://www.thailongstay.co.th/stv_visa.html

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Say what. I realize the gf is in China and has chinese pp. That's why she has a chance to obtain STV and enter Thailand. My whole point if she was not then has zero chance.  Would have been

I got a reply from them about a week ago (am in UK) after submitting my details about 4 or 5 weeks ago. It says.......   ______   Your information has already been registered in ou

You can check out every ASQ-hotel online. You can see prices including facilities even the menu. Just google ASQ-hotels Bangkok. 

Posted Images

Heard from them. They are bound to the same rules as the embassies for sure.

meaning: if the embassy in your country can make the STV (because your country is low risk) then longstay can move forward - currently most countries are NOT low risk

8C9E3794-8305-45CE-BE8E-43AD4273C36D.jpeg

Some embassies are now offering STVs, albeit with hefty financial requirements.  Check her embassy website to see if hers is one.  It could be they're not responding because she's not eligible.

They allow scheduled flights so no need to price charters, and ASQ prices are freely available.  Here's a list of most including price ranges, although check out the latest ones which are missing from the list.

https://image.mfa.go.th/mfa/0/SRBviAC5gs/COVID19/List_details_of_ASQ_Hotels_06102020.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for replies guys... She is planning to come to Phuket, but judging by the prices of (only) 3 ASQ hotels there (start ~90k), it's better to do BKK ASQ for 40-50k then head south to Phuket...

FYI I finally got somebody to answer the call... They didn't check email at all (???), only when I spell them entire email address and name, they found it and said "will put her in the system", jeez... My girlfriend is dual China & USA (I didn't mention USA of course), they asked which city she's staying (Guangzhou), then they said "the next available flight is by end of November, we will email you the details".

If any of you guys (Scandinavians and AU+NZ only at the moment) are not getting reply or they are too slow to respond, better keep calling them until they answer, otherwise they will not move their a$$es (even for those mega-inflated prices, jeez).

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, daviddunham said:

?!

if she is staying in china (if not chinese need proof of residence) she can just apply with the embassy now. Dont have to wait for Longstay. Takes 10 days for the STV including CoE...

Really? Only 10 days? That sounds great!

We thought only Longstay does it...

Do you know somebody who did it in in 10 days or have a link to that information? Thanks in advance!

Fact: If the country is low risk (china is), residents can apply at the embassy for STV. (My country was put on high risk ...sure any other visa atill being processed dont mind the sense in that as always with thailand🤣)

10 days: 5-7 days for STV, 5-7 days for CoE (after STV received)

...if you hand it in alltogether they can process them faster = 10 days.

handing in both would require you to have payed for insurances and ASQ and! hotel after quarantine (min 30 days) ...so ...if the STV is denied (for whatever reason) you wiould probably lose some cash (ASQ can be refunded, but insurances have 15 day window for refund request so it is tight)

I got my information from: called embassy directly

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, sallecc said:

Really? Only 10 days? That sounds great!

We thought only Longstay does it...

Do you know somebody who did it in in 10 days or have a link to that information? Thanks in advance!

Don't get excited. The first arrivals from China was planned for Oct 8. That never occurred. It seemed the demand for STV was underwhelming. Think the few STV folk are now scheduled to add to a repat flight. 

I started a reply to your thread hours ago along the lines of "unless your gf is flying from China has zero chance.....". Then cancelled it. This red herring visa is to enable Chinese to enter Thailand.

Above you mentioned Au and NZ. 

Australian citizens were advised this week that international travel would most likely be off table untill end 2021. 

NZ has population ~ 5mill. Good luck with flights. 

STV = CHINA.

14 minutes ago, daviddunham said:

The person in question is staying in china ...unless Guangzhou is in France, which I doubt👸🏼

Say what. I realize the gf is in China and has chinese pp. That's why she has a chance to obtain STV and enter Thailand.

My whole point if she was not then has zero chance. 

Would have been helpful if op had included important info in OP. First time she was in China was mentioned post #7.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, daviddunham said:

From what I can tell the only! 2 embassies in Europe that are offering STV are Finnland and Norway...

+ denmark

I do not see point of this using this "longstay company" and pay fees to them also..

One just should check their own embassy website regularly to see if it will be available..

1 minute ago, thaitero said:

+ denmark

I do not see point of this using this "longstay company" and pay fees to them also..

One just should check their own embassy website regularly to see if it will be available..

No point. The SRV is a wet dream. At very best will be available only to Chinese. 

That group will not accept the ridiculous requirements. The handful that might will be scheduled onto repat flighs