Levetiracetam and Haldol, available otc?

lujanit

Levetiracetam  is available OTC, local brand names are :

Keppra

Kelep 500

Lecetam 250/Lecetam 500

Letta 500

Millitam

Torleva

Haloperidol is not sold OTC. Need to get on prescription at a hospital or clinic. But, there are many locally made brands. (In fact the imported Haldol brand is now off market here, though some hospitals might still have a supply).

Thank-you Sheryl.  I will try a local clinic for a script for the Haldol. I don’t have too much faith in clinics as I have had no success with obtaining scripts in the past.  Yet nothing ventured, nothing gained.

9 hours ago, lujanit said:

Thank-you Sheryl.  I will try a local clinic for a script for the Haldol. I don’t have too much faith in clinics as I have had no success with obtaining scripts in the past.  Yet nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Don't ask for Haldol ask by the generic name Haloperidol.

Where in Thailand do you live?

Thanks again Sheryl.  I live in Bangkok. Actually I am keeping my SO company in Siriraj hospital while she has a minor procedure.  So there is a large Fascino plus another large pharmacy across the road.

Yesterday the doctor took me off haldol and put me on propanolol.

I will try to get that at a pharmacy.

On 10/19/2020 at 5:31 PM, Sheryl said:

Levetiracetam  is available OTC, local brand names are :

Keppra

Kelep 500

Lecetam 250/Lecetam 500

Letta 500

Millitam

Torleva

Haloperidol is not sold OTC. Need to get on prescription at a hospital or clinic. But, there are many locally made brands. (In fact the imported Haldol brand is now off market here, though some hospitals might still have a supply).

Is Haloperidol off the market here, Sheryl or just Haldol?  A retired nurse friend of mine who use to work with the elderly in the U.S. said they called it "Vitamin H" with their patients in the nursing home.  I thought that rather cynical because I've seen the effects it has and thought it rather unfortunate that it was prescribed to keep people manageable.

49 minutes ago, NancyL said:

Is Haloperidol off the market here, Sheryl or just Haldol?  A retired nurse friend of mine who use to work with the elderly in the U.S. said they called it "Vitamin H" with their patients in the nursing home.  I thought that rather cynical because I've seen the effects it has and thought it rather unfortunate that it was prescribed to keep people manageable.

Only the imported Haldol brand. Many local brands till on them market.

I agree with you.