Work permit and taxes for expat Youtubers

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok, I don't know the answer. But with my long time Thailand experience I am pretty sure the answer is something like this: If you would ask someone official then you would probably hear that you

Income from Youtube streams goes to your bank account -> whichever country that bank account is based in, you pay IT in that country - simple as that.    A Thai WP is only necessary

That depends. Are you one of those YouTubers and don't like taxes? Or are you not happy about one of those YouTubers in Thailand who doesn't like taxes?   Who is going to check whi

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

That depends.

Are you one of those YouTubers and don't like taxes?

Or are you not happy about one of those YouTubers in Thailand who doesn't like taxes?

Who is going to check which person received how much money from YouTube to which bank account (maybe outside of Thailand)?

Answering a question with a question is no help. I figured it would be a tough question 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Andy from Kent said:
14 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

That depends.

Are you one of those YouTubers and don't like taxes?

Or are you not happy about one of those YouTubers in Thailand who doesn't like taxes?

Who is going to check which person received how much money from YouTube to which bank account (maybe outside of Thailand)?

You don't quite answer his question, do you?

didn't take long to draw one out. 

17 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Nobody will knock on your door

But how about the people that live here year after year, often with a Visa bought from a agent, and not showing any legit income/salary.

Isn't anyone going to ask any questions at any point?

Depends...

If you produce videos in your room which you could do everywhere in this world, you receive the money in another country and pay taxes there, then no.

If you make videos about the life in Thailand and make money with it, then yes.

Just now, jackdd said:

Depends...

If you produce videos in your room which you could do everywhere in this world, you receive the money in another country and pay taxes there, then no.

If you make videos about the life in Thailand and make money with it, then yes.

That doesn't make any sense. What if the videos you produce in your room are about life in Thailand?

Look, I don't know why everyone is overcomplicating this. A foreign individual receiving payments from a foreign company into his foreign bank account is essentially invisible to the system. It doesn't matter if he wanders around Bangkok with his phone vlogging, or making TikToks, because everyone else is hypnotized by their phones too.

Just make sure you have a valid tourist visa or whatever, don't go around bragging about how much money you are earning (mainly because it infuriates the pensioners here on TVF), and get on with you life.

Again, the very simple answer to @kiteman9's question:

No.

• Like 1

Relatively frequent subject here, a search will yield many views.

Summary: some of the bigger vloggers here have incorporated and are legal, the rest are fine unless they run afoul of norms or the authorities.

• Like 1