Work permit and taxes for expat Youtubers

On 10/20/2020 at 9:12 AM, MrMilk said:

But how about the people that live here year after year, often with a Visa bought from a agent, and not showing any legit income/salary.

Isn't anyone going to ask any questions at any point?

The whole point of using an agent is to get rid of requirements you don't meet. The extension, not a visa is legit. 

On 10/21/2020 at 6:13 AM, LazySlipper said:

How can one pay taxes without a tax number and work permit?

The answer is dont pay taxes cos it's illegal for you to work here. 

Stay under the radar if you dont want problems with the law.

You can always apply for a number and you can earn interest or capital gains and transfer in same year to Thailand and then would be liable to file tax declaration...

On 10/24/2020 at 11:18 PM, stat said:

You can always apply for a number and you can earn interest or capital gains and transfer in same year to Thailand and then would be liable to file tax declaration...

I obtained a tax ID some years ago to reclaim my withholding tax, otherwise I am retired but have no pension income. Next year I will have to declare pension income and the withholding tax isn't worth reclaiming. 

Sometimes you need Tax id in your home country to prove your residency for your other banks. Amount of witholding tax depends on your amount of money but I guess in most cases not worth the hassle to reclaim I agree.