Loi Kroh Road Bars and Restaurants open?

peterrabbit

I am looking at going to Chiang Mai in November during the school holidays and staying in the Loi Kroh Road area. My concern is that all the falang bars/restaurants appear to be closed online. Is it the case that almost every bar and falang restaurant is closed in the Loi Kroh road and Night Bazaar area?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Anything below 40 years old up there to grab?

Once you pay the bar fine I believe you are allowed to grab them (gently) almost anywhere not just "up there"!

Regarding age.  As I am an English gentleman I never ask a "lady" her age so I cannot help there!

Edited by fangless

Just now, connda said:

Old Normal: Loi Kroh, 40 year old bar girls, aging masseuse, "foreigner" prices, scams.
New Normal: Santhitham, 20 year old Uni students, 25 to 40 year olds working in the business, retail, and healthcare communities, young masseuse. Scams?  Well, only if you consider supporting a Uni dek ying a 'scam.'   Brush up on your Thai and have fun. Ditch Loi Kroh.

Yep, Santhitham Plaza bar area right around the corner (no idea what that's like now).

Oxide and T-Bar just along the road, they're still packed out every night.

Just now, sherwood said:

Downunder Sports Bar is still open as far as I know. Good Expat bar and locals could point you in any direct you wanted to go.

Down near the river end of Loi Kroh.

That place seems to be closed as well , has been closed the last few times I walked past the place

23 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Yep, Santhitham Plaza bar area right around the corner (no idea what that's like now).

Oxide and T-Bar just along the road, they're still packed out every night.

Packed out is good?

18 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

Ladyboyz ? ????

Aren't they by the moat anymore?

hi peterrabbit.

Quite a few places have not been able to survive but there are still a fair number of places open.

At the river end of Loy Khro Down under is open, so is Lemongrass.

My main weekend haunt the Red Lion is also open and doing some great food specials including a Sunday roast. Picture added. Music video live footy and motorsports as well.

Most of the bars on Kalare market seem open but not Le Spice indian restaurant. There are Indian restaurants on Loy Khro though if that is what you fancy.

Kampengdin rd bars open.

It is quiet for sure.

They would welcome some custom.

Hope you have a good trip.

PS if you fancy staying out of the city there is Tepin Baan Lek which has an ex pat discount ????

IMG_20201018_182252c.jpg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, elgenon said:

Packed out is good?

Aren't they by the moat anymore?

The LB that hung around the TP gate east side would simply be there for tourists, suppose they moved online...there was always to LB bar on loy kroh...not sure if its open now-covid

Edited by ChakaKhan

11 minutes ago, ChakaKhan said:

Where i still visit and first stayed when I first came to LOS--Santitham!!!!  Love that area!

I know there are a few frisky ladyboys staying in that building and great cheap thai place to eat across the street....tons of food along the "strip"....also found the elusive Sangsom Similan  there...my mbike mechanic is there....32 oz cha manao for 20 bt...some good 20 bt shops.....everything you need in good ole santitham!

Even a few hidden love motels where a thai lady invited me to take advantage of me! Not easy being so hansum!    Heres to drinking a cold one with Britman at T Bar one day and learning the tricks of the trade to score a Cutie Uni Pooying! ???? Let us back in!!!!!

That is the area where the Housewife Club was located.????

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, khwaibah said:

That is the area where the Housewife Club was located.????

The second phase......post Uni Status, but not quite Granny level yet....like a fine aged wine....joop joop! ????

And the elusive Daisuki massage behind the 7-11 heading towards Santitham from the Old City

I go Low Kroh every few days. The western end (moat end) is very dead and a lot of shops, not just bars, closed. Amazingly a couple new bars have opened. Two nights ago I went to Lucky bar food area (upstairs behind bar) at 7pm and was closed first time ever at that time. Not sure if just one night or permanent. Rock Me Burger Closed but apparently just for renovations. B52 Pizza closed. My regular Welcome Inn is open, has good meals. Massage shop across the road from WI was always busy and open until late. The other night shutters came down around 9.30.