Loi Kroh Road Bars and Restaurants open?

I am looking at going to Chiang Mai in November during the school holidays and staying in the Loi Kroh Road area. My concern is that all the falang bars/restaurants appear to be closed online. Is it the case that almost every bar and falang restaurant is closed in the Loi Kroh road and Night Bazaar area?

• Haha 1
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Old Normal: Loi Kroh, 40 year old bar girls, aging masseuse, "foreigner" prices, scams. New Normal: Santhitham, 20 year old Uni students, 25 to 40 year olds working in the business, retail, and heal

Yes a number of bars are still open but not very busy so grabbing a Granny should be very easy.

and their mothers are working Hua Hin.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Anything below 40 years old up there to grab?

Once you pay the bar fine I believe you are allowed to grab them (gently) almost anywhere not just "up there"!

Regarding age.  As I am an English gentleman I never ask a "lady" her age so I cannot help there!

Edited by fangless
15 hours ago, peterrabbit said:

staying in the Loi Kroh Road area.

Why not stay in the Santhitham area where all the bars and restaurants are open?

Emporium Residence was always a decent place to stay.

• Like 1
Just now, connda said:

Old Normal: Loi Kroh, 40 year old bar girls, aging masseuse, "foreigner" prices, scams.
New Normal: Santhitham, 20 year old Uni students, 25 to 40 year olds working in the business, retail, and healthcare communities, young masseuse. Scams?  Well, only if you consider supporting a Uni dek ying a 'scam.'   Brush up on your Thai and have fun. Ditch Loi Kroh.

Yep, Santhitham Plaza bar area right around the corner (no idea what that's like now).

Oxide and T-Bar just along the road, they're still packed out every night.

I was in the area last night , I would say that 80 % of the bars were closed and the open bars were very quiet .

Still able to pick females up, but not much chance of an enjoyable night out 

Drinking? 

Meeting friends and drinking? 

Meeting friends and drinking and playing some pool? 

The people working in the Loy Khroh area are not interesting in themselves. 

Downunder Sports Bar is still open as far as I know. Good Expat bar and locals could point you in any direct you wanted to go.

Down near the river end of Loi Kroh.

Just now, sherwood said:

Downunder Sports Bar is still open as far as I know. Good Expat bar and locals could point you in any direct you wanted to go.

Down near the river end of Loi Kroh.

That place seems to be closed as well , has been closed the last few times I walked past the place