Loi Kroh Road Bars and Restaurants open?

peterrabbit

1 hour ago, Dazinoz said:

I go Low Kroh every few days. The western end (moat end) is very dead and a lot of shops, not just bars, closed. Amazingly a couple new bars have opened. Two nights ago I went to Lucky bar food area (upstairs behind bar) at 7pm and was closed first time ever at that time. Not sure if just one night or permanent. Rock Me Burger Closed but apparently just for renovations. B52 Pizza closed. My regular Welcome Inn is open, has good meals. Massage shop across the road from WI was always busy and open until late. The other night shutters came down around 9.30. 

That's the reason that I'm moving back to CM. It will be quite peaceful for some period of time till borders reopen to Chinese. 

• Like 1

On 10/20/2020 at 2:55 PM, sherwood said:

Downunder Sports Bar is still open as far as I know. Good Expat bar and locals could point you in any direct you wanted to go.

Down near the river end of Loi Kroh.

On 10/20/2020 at 2:56 PM, CorpusChristie said:

That place seems to be closed as well , has been closed the last few times I walked past the place

I have just left Torres, the owner of Downunder which YOU CorpusChristie implied was now closed.  He is not very happy at finding out that YOU CorpusChristie are saying that Downunder  “seems to be closed as well”.     

(as well as who/what?)

I have said it before and am saying it again; YOU CorpusChristie please STOP implying that businesses have gone “Downunder” i.e closed in a permanent basis unless YOU CorpusChristie have proof that the establishment has confirmed it's demise.  

YOU CorpusChristie do not seem to have any idea of the damage you are doing to local trade with your inaccurate comments. 

PS; Sherwood I only quoted you for continuity reasons!

Edited by fangless
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

I really don't see the need for a PERSONAL attack on CC because he said "seems to be closed". I mentioned Lucky Bar was closed the other night but as a regular patron I will be going back to check a few times to find out. I am sure patrons of Downunder would be the same.

Your post of a personal attack and saying owner not happy has made me cross that bar off my list, and yes I have been there a few times. So you have possibly done more damage. 

Have a great night.

9 hours ago, Dazinoz said:

Two nights ago I went to Lucky bar food area (upstairs behind bar) at 7pm and was closed first time ever at that time. Not sure if just one night or permanent.  

Your post re Lucky bar immediately above is very clear. "Not sure if just one night or permanent".  Nobody can have any problem with that statement.  It is clear and concise and germane.

CC on the other hand said “seems to be closed as well”.  (replying to other comments) about closed bars) it Implies it is not going to reopen!

But your support of CC with his misleading comments are I believe doing harm to the businesses, including those of my family and friends, in my area which ARE open despite the very misleading comments of CC.

Regarding you boycotting a bar because I have made a truthful statement to a bar owner about a public post beggars belief.  Your bitch, if any, is with  CC for making the potentially defaming post it in the first place.  It is  not with the owner of any bar who gets justifiably upset that misleading (basically false) statements have been made to about the wrongful statement that his business is closed or with the person that delivered that public message to him. 

Edited by fangless
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, The Theory said:

I lived in Chiang Mai for long before I moved out for a job offer in Different province. I'm sorry for living in a city that your type are around. ????????????????

Wit and sarcasm or obviously not your strong point then!

Sorry if you feel offended.  :partytime2:

:sorry:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

54 minutes ago, ChakaKhan said:

Suckers pay...I prefer to invest my time and enjoy the challenge...aka the long game.....Ive had many successes-free

Are you currently single ? Lusting after females in mental hospitals and unable to find a female where you are living and looking to go to Asia to find paid for friendships  ? ..................Just asking 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Are you currently single ? Lusting after females in mental hospitals and unable to find a female where you are living and looking to go to Asia to find paid for friendships  ? ..................Just asking 

You must be a hit with the ladies, Im sure they are broken-hearted as you seem to spend all your time wandering cm solo taking pics of empty shops.....

Am I single ? yep   why date someone during a pandemic and when Im simply waiting to return to Asia....but of course that make too much sense for you to comprehend apparently..

Lusting?   Saying i admired someone and would like to have a beverage of her choice and a chat is now called "lusting"?   Hmmm I'll make note...

Paid for friendships?.....I'll leave the reply space open for your theory that I pay for friendship....

Makes me chuckle when we can all clearly see the life you lead here, as you document it for all to see..

The same one that said he was too scared to get near a girl to have her see him taking a pic of her..(lusting)?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, elgenon said:

But sooo sexy too much.

I have many LB friends..they are a hoot!  Is the best of both worlds..can be sexy and drink you under the table!

My rule if Im happy to admire the "lady" part, not the "boy"..keep it above the waist..if it walks like a duck and talks like one I'll play along.....also have gay friends as they live life to its fullest....always fun to hang out with...

My exps in LOS is the  girls just want money, the LBs are just horny!   lol......I judge people by their personalities, not gender, race, age, yada yada

6 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

I have many LB friends..they are a hoot!  Is the best of both worlds..can be sexy and drink you under the table!

My rule if Im happy to admire the "lady" part, not the "boy"..keep it above the waist..if it walks like a duck and talks like one I'll play along.....also have gay friends as they live life to its fullest....always fun to hang out with...

My exps in LOS is the  girls just want money, the LBs are just horny!   lol......I judge people by their personalities, not gender, race, age, yada yada

They definitely grab my attention. They practice being sexy. I have wonderful gay friends. I've had some great interactions w ladyboys. I always thought it would be great if I wanted to tango with them. It would add many more opportunities. But I love girls too much. And, as they say, at the end of the day they are not girls. As friends fine though. I have a friend in CM who prefers LBs and his friend is a part of our group.

When I think about it, it is very interesting that, in such a conservative country as Thailand, LBs are accepted pretty much. Whereas in crazy America they would encounter problems. I've seen a few there and the guys who saw them didn't know and they drooled. Funny to see.

Since LBs are not required to serve in the military, do some guys fake it?

BTW I love your music.

On 10/20/2020 at 9:07 AM, BritManToo said:

Yep, Santhitham Plaza bar area right around the corner (no idea what that's like now).

Oxide and T-Bar just along the road, they're still packed out every night.

T-Bar looks alive and well last night.  Oxide changed names to "Hangout" or something similar.  I'm not aware of the details, but I just saw the new signboard.  I also see they they still have a team of nice looking ladies.

• Like 2

On 10/23/2020 at 2:55 AM, ChakaKhan said:

Paid for friendships?.....I'll leave the reply space open for your theory that I pay for friendship....

I pay for sex with women ....... I don't have sex with my friends.

Although most of my friends in Thailand have died now, and it's impossible to see the few friends I have outside of Thailand.

Edited by BritManToo

7 minutes ago, captainjackS said:

T-Bar looks alive and well last night.  Oxide changed names to "Hangout" or something similar.  I'm not aware of the details, but I just saw the new signboard.  I also see they they still have a team of nice looking ladies.

You're right, it's become a restaurant ....... and employed waitress with massive boobs.

https://www.facebook.com/Hangout-Chiang-Mai-101871825012764

• Like 1